View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drotix

re: SWTOR By Konta

Now I dont think I need to put spoiler warnings since im not talking about story and the fact almost everyone was in this beta, So after playing literally nonstop over the 4 days of testing, id thought id share how I feel about it.

I played a Consular and my Advanced class was a Jedi Sage

So day 1 I would say I had the most fun....everything was new I didnt know what buttons did what and it was just a surprise after a surprise. I played from 9 AM as soon as the servers were up til about 4:30 PM til I realized "oh crap.....I havent eaten anything today." it was that good of an experience that I lost touch with reality and time.

So I made it to 10 got my lightsaber and then did Esseles with Aestel, we did it just by ourselves and got murdered by the Mandolorian on the bridge...I personally dont like doing flashpoints so far because ive only done Essels and Hammer Station and they just werent as exciting as the release videos made them out to be. hopefully higher level flashpoints dont disappoint.

So now I guess on to the worlds....I found that this game loves its walking, I thought Tython was bad as far as walking but omg Taris was a pain as far as travel is concerned...my final level before beta shut down was 24 I needed one more level to get a vehicle which would have been nice...but brings me to my next topic considering training for vehicles cost 40k credits.

Credits are a PAIN they are just hard to hold onto really...between repairing equipment paying companions to go on missions, travel costs, buying new skills, it seemed like any credits I got from quests were just paying my debt. I never seemed to hold onto more then 10k. I did do crafting but really didnt get much income from that because I was not focused on doing crafting since it was low level the stuff I was making was Bantha fodder

PVP by far the biggest topic for our guild anyways....only 4 people queues for warzones......*facepalm* this isnt news but I am still hopeful they will change this with a future patch....the Sith are OP I think, not sure why considering the 8 classes mirror each other but I queued solo I grouped with guildies, and still republic lost every time I did a warzone. (I must just suck and am a noob :P )I did not experience any sith baby attacking me when I was questing on Nar Shadaa an open PVP world...but I heard Tatoonie was very active.

Technical issues:Bugs here and there but thats to be expected I reported several. Graphics in game are sketchy too somethings just appear or disappear when you walk like running forward all of a sudden a tree pops out. Also some other graphic problems that I saw when going into a conversation your clothes turn like blank and take a second the load the details of it. Lag and queue times werent that bad considering that thousands of people were playing so it held up pretty good.

My own biggest personnel problem with the game is it would crash my graphics card reandomly making my screen go blank or single color screens which would leave me know choice but to restart my computer by shutting off the power.....I believe this is because Nvidia has not released a driver update for SWTOR I hope this becomes available before launch.

Even though all of these negative things I have said I still had the time of my life playing this beta. I cant wait 17 more days I really cant once they were counting down the minuets tonight I was so sad
Dorobbo

My theory that republic lost in your pvp matches is because most people playing imps are actually republic players like myself so we dont ruin class story ;) Not to mention you get ques with people lvl 10-50. Your stats get modded but you only have the skills you go in with. U are missing lots of skill if you arnt at least mid 30s

I've played on both sides, and I have to say sadly it seems that the stories on Sith (for force users) seem more interesting.

In any case, I've won many games as Republic and also lost some as Empire.It was usually dependent on which team had 1-2 tanks and 2-3 healers. The team with it almost always won really.

My main problem with the game so far is the bad FPS optimization, in warzones especially. Although I know the game isn't released and ATI hasn't gifted us with a driver for it either

For the only 4 people queuing, can't we queue as raid groups of 8 also?

I won 9/10 PVP matches as Republic, so you must have just had plain old bad luck bud. :P

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Blind Equilibrium

NutellaCrepe wrote:
For the only 4 people queuing, can't we queue as raid groups of 8 also?

At this time no, they have said several times they don't want pre-mades rolling pugs and won't allow them until they do cross server Warzones in the who knows how long future.
Tobinius

re: Re: SWTOR By Konta

Konta Takuto wrote:
I played a Consular and my Advanced class was a Jedi Sage(

I also played a Consular (I couldn't access my previous level 20 Consular, so I had to start over again), but took Shadow as my advanced class; so I am familiar with your game experience on Tython. I also think that I had more fun this weekend playing than I did the previous beta weekend.

Konta Takuto wrote:
...I found that this game loves its walking, I thought Tython was bad as far as walking but omg Taris was a pain as far as travel is concerned...(

I probably wouldn't actually agree with this (I like the idea of a big world that requires exploring - within reason), but I did spend Monday playing a Sith Warrior and couldn't believe how little running around there seemed to be on Korriban when compared to Typhon.

Konta Takuto wrote:
...but brings me to my next topic considering training for vehicles cost 40k credits.

Credits are a PAIN they are just hard to hold onto really...between repairing equipment paying companions to go on missions, travel costs, buying new skills, it seemed like any credits I got from quests were just paying my debt. I never seemed to hold onto more then 10k. I did do crafting but really didnt get much income from that because I was not focused on doing crafting since it was low level the stuff I was making was Bantha fodder.(

I didn't find the same problem exactly, as I ended the game at level 23 with almost 30k, and later in the game I was sending my ship droid on Treasure Hunting missions all the time, as well as sending my main companion on Archeology missions while I was doing stuff in "towns". My gathering skills ended up being around 165 for Archeology, 70 for Treasure Hunting, and around 20 for Armistice crafting. I also bought some weapons and armor. I didn't buy any Stims, or do any Flashpoints or PvP stuff (saving that for when the game goes live), but did do as many quests as I could (again minus any grouped instances to save that for when the game goes live), so maybe that was the difference.

I also like the idea that you need to work towards getting your first "mount" - it used to be hard to get your first mount in WOW, but now it is almost automatic to get one. To me that was just one more of the many "dumbing down" aspects that were introduced later into the game that ruined it for me.

What I did have a real problem with around SWTOR economics was the set-up of the Galactic "Auction House". In WOW I spent a fair amount of time crafting and selling on the AH, and making some good profit. I am very concerned that this will be immensely time consuming and difficult, as the SWTOR AH had no way to see what the going rate for, say, Light Armor Head gear was. The AH only allows you to see what Light Armor is available - you have to search through everything that comes up (which could be dozens and dozens of pages) to see what head gear there is! I suppose that this will be fixed sometime in the future, but for now it seems really amateurish to the point of being inept at doing the job required of it.

Quote:
What I did have a real problem with around SWTOR economics was the set-up of the Galactic "Auction House". In WOW I spent a fair amount of time crafting and selling on the AH, and making some good profit. I am very concerned that this will be immensely time consuming and difficult, as the SWTOR AH had no way to see what the going rate for, say, Light Armor Head gear was. The AH only allows you to see what Light Armor is available - you have to search through everything that comes up (which could be dozens and dozens of pages) to see what head gear there is! I suppose that this will be fixed sometime in the future, but for now it seems really amateurish to the point of being inept at doing the job required of it.

They have said in a few interviews that the AH system really needs some work and is a priority.
Tobinius

Sticx45 wrote:
They have said in a few interviews that the AH system really needs some work and is a priority.

Thanks for the info Sticx, that is very good news.

Cheers

When I played PvP Republic won almost exactly the same amount of times as Sith. However I completely agree that the Sith have a lot better story and a more complete starting planet experience in general. I didn't have a major problem making money since I did every side quest but I think I only made it about 40k once (on my level 19 sorceror and 17 gunslinger). I found that I also loved the Sith areas a lot more as Coruscant looked way too much like old Taris on the upper sections and old Nar Shadaa on the lower section instead of the Coruscant we all know and love. I also had HUGE problems with the graphics and FPS. I had all the settings to the max and most of the time the graphics were worse than KOTORs and there were some points in the BETA were I literally couldn't go into combat or the game would freeze up. I have a very high power gaming laptop that can handle Skyrim and Shogun: Total War 2 at full settings so i'm assuming the problem was on their end.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Dorobbo

I have played the sith assassin up to 45 and the jedi knight up to around mid 20s. The story for the sith inquisitor is pure gold! The knight story was not as exciting. I also noticed how much harder it was in the early levels for republic than it was for sith. The sith have nice open worlds with all the quests in a seemingly streamline manner with well thought out quick travel points. The republic worlds seemed less thought out and had me running back and forth and seemed like I had a mile run even using quick travel points etc. Not to mention the early worlds seemed claustrophobic with no real options for exploration.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: