View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Landscaper

re: Legacy (Last name System)

ObiBen wrote:
Hmm, now I have to come up with a last name. lol

LOL...think about how I'm going to come up with a last name! Landscaper Mower...Landscaper Weedwacker, or Landscaper Gardenhose!

Landscaper, 'cuz I mow 'em down baby!
Legendkiller456

lol Landscaper Leaf-blower :P

ObiBen

Landscaper wrote:
ObiBen wrote:
Hmm, now I have to come up with a last name. lol

LOL...think about how I'm going to come up with a last name! Landscaper Mower...Landscaper Weedwacker, or Landscaper Gardenhose!

The SprinklerHead Legacy!

It will certainly help the Guild Administration know all the alts :D Great news!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Cmelt

I wonder if this affects cross-faction alts?

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Crox Rava

I don't love that you are locked into the same name for every character you ever make. I hope they revise this to allow you to exclude any given character and possibly begin a new legacy with him/her. After all, it's a bit silly to have several family members with varying species but the same surname. I didn't exactly imagine Crox as being Iahun's grandson. Over time our family line developed working amphibious eyeballs but traded our hair for squid feet? Bizarre.

I do like the idea that all of my (many) alts will actually contribute to something together other than gathering/crafting synergies.

Photobucket
Garlen Durakkis

Crox_Rava wrote:
I don't love that you are locked into the same name for every character you ever make. I hope they revise this to allow you to exclude any given character and possibly begin a new legacy with him/her. After all, it's a bit silly to have several family members with varying species but the same surname. I didn't exactly imagine Crox as being Iahun's grandson. Over time our family line developed working amphibious eyeballs but traded our hair for squid feet? Bizarre.

I do like the idea that all of my (many) alts will actually contribute to something together other than gathering/crafting synergies.

I agree, would rather not be locked into the same legacy with every character.
Sticx45

They talked about a legacy system for a long time a year or so ago, and then the dev's released a press update that they had canned the whole system and were not going to have a legacy system at all. Now they come up with this, so I dunno what to think.

Their original system was that as you leveled up your first character you gained legacy points that would give bonus attributes to your alts you leveled up. Thus the more characters you played the more legacy you gained, and the more bonus points you got to your alts attributes.

The min/maxers hated this idea as it meant that you would need to level up another character and max out it's legacy before making your main character in order to get the highest stats possible on your main. And then once that character was maxed you would have to roll another character to take advantage of the 2nd characters legacy. And on, and on.

......That and the fact that it makes absolutely zero sense for me to have a Zabrak character in the same family tree as my Human character. Unless I'm making a half-breed, in which case we would need half-breed races?
Cmelt

Its not quite locked on all your characters you basically just can't have more than one legacy per server and since they said they were going to have huge updates in this system post-launch I wouldn't be too worried that there is anything they aren't willing to change for the fans

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I like the idea - think I might put a little more thought into my last name if its going to be used for every character.

Awarded:

Aestel Cooper wrote:
I like the idea - think I might put a little more thought into my last name if its going to be used for every character.

That's looks like the hard part for me. You have to come up with a name that can work for all of your chars across the board. So unless you're naming them specifically for their legacy name (i.e. Ricky, Walker, and Texas Ranger Bobby) it's going to need some good thought put into it. I don't know what good Legacy name can be put behind my chars, ATownArmy, Twilight Sparkle, and HungLikeA without messing with the vibe of at least one of them

ATownArmy wrote:
Aestel Cooper wrote:

That's looks like the hard part for me. You have to come up with a name that can work for all of your chars across the board. So unless you're naming them specifically for their legacy name (i.e. Ricky, Walker, and Texas Ranger Bobby) it's going to need some good thought put into it. I don't know what good Legacy name can be put behind my chars, ATownArmy, Twilight Sparkle, and HungLikeA without messing with the vibe of at least one of them

The Chuck Norris Legacy. You're welcome.

I think I'll just make the name of my main my last name, then hide it for him and show it for everyone else. Kind of tempting to just use descriptors for first names after that though.

Cimreau Cimreau Smuggler
Pantsless Cimreau Consular
HeatAndEat Cimreau Trooper
TorchWaver Cimreau Jedi Knight

SparksTickle Cimreau Inquisitor
ForceChafer Cimreau Warrior
VeryFirmGrip Cimreau Bounty Hunter
ProVoyeur Cimreau Agent

I kind of like the idea of having a legacy name... XD I'd have to get used to it lol
I was trying to make one by mixing up the letters of my last name (Nielsen), but everything I came up with sounded like cough medicine
I finally came up with one, though I had to remove the second "N" in my name.

Tcyiora Sen'Lei

How does it sound..? o. o

Tadrius Lucrosus

Tcyiora wrote:
I kind of like the idea of having a legacy name... XD I'd have to get used to it lol
I was trying to make one by mixing up the letters of my last name (Nielsen), but everything I came up with sounded like cough medicine
I finally came up with one, though I had to remove the second "N" in my name.

Tcyiora Sen'Lei

How does it sound..? o. o

I think it sounds great! :D It's a name that would fit for any class, but maybe not any race though Happy

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: