Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Additional Rank
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 25 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 36

Arkathos

re: Rank Between Leg. and Marshal?

Alright, poll is straight forward enough. Please do not post any ideas for names at this point, but simply let us know if you think that adding a rank between Legionairre and Marshal is a good idea or not. If you vote we ask you please provide a reasoning and input.

Reasons for: It basically allows administration to not be so stringent on the Legionairre rank which is the first promotion, and lets us move people up to a more recognized position that doesn't instantly raise them to the pinnacle of what a member can achieve (marshal). The requirements and name of this rank if passed will be decided at a later date.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Arkathos

Good we have votes! Let's get opinions now lol Happy

Atrayu Yung

I voted no. In my opinion the more ranks you have, and the more people in those ranks makes them less meaningful.
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I think its worth remembering that we haven't even started making use of the marshal rank at the moment (which is the right think with the game not being out yet). It will feel more natural when we have members using all 3 ranks. Also we reward members contributions in other ways through the award system. I feel we don't need to differentiate to much between members as then it makes individuals feel less valued for not being promoted rather than being a reflection of exemplary service.

I voted Yes Happy
While do agree with what Atrayu said about having more ranks can make them less special, I think having one more wouldn't hurt, because we only have 1 other rank right now. Any more and I think it would be a little too much. Happy

Captain Bubbles

I also voted no. I mean, I think it's great to recognize members for their efforts and contribution, and I also think that's what the awards are for. When I got my medal last month, I was super happy Happy

It's not like I'm not opened for more ranks, but if you make a rank, then create responsibilities for it, I feel it's the backward way of doing things. Now, if adminitration actually needs help and sees it fit to create another rank to add more responsibilities (like for the Liasion thing), I'm all for that.

Whatever we decide though, I'll be ok with Happy That was just my opinion!

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Riddly Dun

I would rather wait til the game comes out then see if we need another rank in the guild. Otherwise we are making a Rank we might not need.

But at the same time. Having a Rank that is easier to achieve for the more senior members seems like a nice addition. But in terms of responsibly, I'm unsure how we would spread out the work or what tasks we would have for each rank.

Good arguments so far, keep them coming. Happy

Cmelt

It certainly hinges on the responsibilites of the position, but I vote yes. There have been some issues in the past with people having to step down that shouldn't have due to irl time constraints coupled with a lot of daily responsiblity to Pax. I feel like spreading out duties and responsibilites over more people will only benefit us at our current stage. This also allows for a wider variety of people in leadership positions so that their are more ideas and such that can be bounced around for Gaiatus and the others to see.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
timaselj

I voted yes. I see no reason why not. Getting awards is great, don't get me wrong, and I do love it when I get one (or more lol). If you make an additional rank, people will want to progress to it, to be promoted (at least some people will) and I believe that will make us all strive better as a community. Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Zoron Ror

I voted yes, but changed my mind lol. I think after the game has come out and after the number of legionnaires outnumbers the peacekeepers we should have an additional rank but I think its too soon right now.

I voted yes, but changed my mind lol. I think after the game has come out and after the number of legionnaires outnumbers the peacekeepers we should have an additional rank but I think its too soon right now.

Only thing with this is that we'd rather not need to toss in a new rank while managing everything in game; this is the planning stage - so if we are to put one in, there is no harm at all in doing it now and having it similar to the marshal position which is not yet in use. Someone had said that when too many people have a rank it loses importance - what then would happen if eventually legionairres outnumber peacekeepers? Legion = the new peacekeeper basically.

Either way I am indifferent I believe, and will let the vote decide lol. Just food for thought.

nolongeramember

I agree with what Tris said, although I don't think it should be in place until the game is released.

Zoron Ror

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:

Only thing with this is that we'd rather not need to toss in a new rank while managing everything in game; this is the planning stage - so if we are to put one in, there is no harm at all in doing it now and having it similar to the marshal position which is not yet in use. Someone had said that when too many people have a rank it loses importance - what then would happen if eventually legionairres outnumber peacekeepers? Legion = the new peacekeeper basically.

Either way I am indifferent I believe, and will let the vote decide lol. Just food for thought.

In that case we should have an additional one for the future, I vote yes.

I vote yes. Though i agree with what Atrayu is saying I believe that if managed in the right way it would be very useful.

Here's an example.

Just say a Marshall has setup a raid time and people have signed up. Now if none of the administration want to lead a raid that night and the Marshall hasn't turned up, then having that second rank between Leg. and Marshall would be useful.

Obviously the rank would have to have a few more responsibilities than Leg. as it would have to be a rank that would show leadership among other traits. While Legionnaire could be a rank for members who have been in the guild for some time but also show an active interest in the guild. While the new rank could be those traits as well as have leadership skill.

That's just my 2 cents anyway :P

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: