View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkos Ladar

re: Pre-Order Help

So I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition a couple weeks back from Gamespot online and did not receive a code to access the game early. What's worse, they won't ship until Dec. 20, meaning I could be waiting until 12/21 to log in. This is pretty much unacceptable to me. Anyone dealt with a similar issue? I'm even considering buying a second copy retail and canceling the order I have out there, but this means sacrificing the collector's edition for a couple of days of play. Thoughts?

You should call them and demand your pre-launch code.
If you pre-ordered the game they have to give you the code.

Valtrics

They should of e-mailed it to you. If not, they HAVE to give you the code or they're doing something illegal. Check your junk folders and everything in your email, if it sstilll not there call em up

call them or email them !
Arkos Ladar

I ordered late; September 4 this year. Called customer service and they stated that as of September 1 they no longer offer the early access code. Apparently they get this call a lot as I was unable to work my usual charm.

So here's the rub . . .do I cancel my collector's edition order out of principle and gain the early access, or wait a few days and get the version ordered from Gamestop? I'm thinking cancel but strongly doubt I can still find a copy of the Collector's. Thoughts?

I'd keep the CE. We are still going to play when we are max level yes? And even if you're dissatisfied with the thought that you'll only be able to play with the rest then (which isn't true) remember that some people level up slower than others. It's hard to say when you might catch up to the rest since we don't know when Early Access starts and how steep the XP grid is, but I don't think it's going to be much of a problem.

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Arkos Ladar

Fair point . . .I kind of want to make Gamestop pay, though. They'll really be suffering after I cancel my $150 order! That company will never recover!

Also, I'm not taking off the week of the 20th, but I am taking off work from Dec 23 - Jan 3. I hope I can catch up to you all during that time and group for Flash Points! I did pay for overnight shipping, so it's Dec 21 at the worst. Now I'm secretly hoping that early access is extremely insignificant.

So I gave in to the Evil Empire and ordered an additional copy from Wal-Mart. Their site still advertises code availability.

This leads me to an interesting question . . .who all is ordering multiple copies of the Collector's as an investment opportunity?

Arkos Ladar wrote:

This leads me to an interesting question . . .who all is ordering multiple copies of the Collector's as an investment opportunity?

My wife would never let me go for something like that.
Wolfwood Barbarossa

If this is as big of hit as WoW you can make some serious pocket change. I bought my WoW CE for around 80 bucks and later sold it for over 400. It also depends on how many they make. I believe the CE for WoW was a very small percentage of the actually player base.

Stay with the ce man it is well worth it in the long run.
Amorl

Arkos Ladar wrote:
So I gave in to the Evil Empire and ordered an additional copy from Wal-Mart. Their site still advertises code availability.

I ordered multiple CE's (one for me one for my wife) as an investment in her letting me play it more does that count =D.
AstralProjection

Amorl wrote:
Arkos Ladar wrote:

I ordered multiple CE's (one for me one for my wife) as an investment in her letting me play it more does that count =D.

Hah! I'm using the Beta as my chance to try to sell her on TOR for the same reason : P I stuck my PC right next to the living room this weekend so she can't say I'm not spending time with her and the kids!

I would stick with your copy of the CE as well. I got mine right away, but if numbers are starting to be limited, you'll probably enjoy your copy of the CE more in the long run. Like Tim pointed out, by the time we're at endgame the early start is going to feel meaningless, though right now it certainly can't come any faster!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: