Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Jedi Knight Meetings

Alright everyone I need your input! Now we haven't really had any Jedi Knight meetings as far as I'm aware. I'll also be perfectly honest, I don't see a huge necessity for Knight meetings at this stage in the pre-launch part of the game, except to maybe set a schedule time every few weeks to say "Hey, Knight's let's all hang out at this time!" so that people can schedule it into their busy lives. But I'd be happy to hear if you disagree and really think we want meetings.

Anyway, please let me know

A. If you would like to hold Knight meetings at this time
B. How often?
C. What time(s) work best for you?
D. What do you want to discuss at this point?

And any other discussion on the matter would be helpful. Thanks!

A: I kinda agree it's a bit early to start JK meetings

B: once a month

C: Between 6 - 11 pacific, any day of the week

D: I am not too sure what specific Knight discussions we could have
Davi Jones

A.I kinda want meetings idk :/

B.Once 2 weeks/month

c. 8-11 Any day

D. Whatever :D

A. I personally think it's too early for class specific meetings. There's still not enough information about the class/game in my opinion to be holding discussions. I think when they actually announce the release date could be a good time to start meetings since I'd assume information would be more forthcoming/available. Answers posted by the other two (Davi and Amori) for question D (about what we should discuss about) illustrates why we probably shouldn't hold Jedi Knight meetings just yet. Just not really much to talk about in relation to SWTOR with the minimum amount of information available.

B. Probably once a month. But if we do twice a month I think they should be held on different days. So one meeting on a Sat and the second on a Weds would be beneficial for those who have odd schedules such as I.

C. For me personally? Tues or Weds - anytime. tongue out But for everyone else I'd assume weekends would be the best. If weekends - I'd prefer we hold them sometime in the morning.

D. Like others have posted I'm not sure what to talk about at this point. tongue out

B. How often?

A. Personally, I don't see a need for meetings at this time. Im all about being a part of the community when this game hits, but in the mean time im able to really focus on other things in life. Trust me though, when the game comes out ill definitely be much more active in participation for the forums and in game.

B. Meetings for me are something i have never done in the past as much, mainly just officer meetings and everything worked well through that. Im open to whatever works best for this guild though.

C. Sundays usually, but for time-wise its very effective to post ideas here in threads instead of trying to organize people to all speak together in vent, unless thats the angle you wish to approach things. I can make almost anything work for evenings, but its all again what works best for all.

D. Anything involving material thats new for the upcoming game. There is nothing that really seems to have value IMO until the game hits, because thats what this is all about. Until that point, its all just speculation, so until things are concrete and we can all actually play and discover what is most effetive etc, then i believe the activity of meetings will have value. Again, this is my opinion, and im open to what works best for everyone.

Hart of Hircine

A. kinda but not sure if it would be good at this point but it can help us get to know each other.

B. twice a month.

c. weekends to some weekdays.

d. we can introduce ourselves at the first meeting so we all can get a get on who's who. This can be good for new members as well.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Thanks for the input so far guys, I'd love to see some more Knights pitch in.

And for the record, I don't have anything against Knight meetings for the sake of camaraderie, but I'd love to see us use the forums and Ventrilo and Skype for that too, so I don't think we need a meeting to make that happen, unless you guys really want to.

Response: Yes, I would like to see some meetings set up. It is a way to encourage people to get onto ventrilo and familiarize/settle in to the service we provide them. We pay to keep ventrilo, and the lack of users is very disappointing. Hold the meetings and accomplish two things;
1) An actual meeting
2) Increasing ventrilo performance which will thus improve all the knights chances of staying in Pax when we're in the week before release since I decide who comes with us in that time based on activity and interaction in ventrilo, in games, and on these forums.

B. How often?
Response: Only as often as required. For example, the Jedi Knight progression video that released on swtor.com should have been a catalyst for conversation. As would any new information about our class that is released. There is much to talk about, though some would say otherwise through simply not seeing the potential for conversation.

Response: Any time.

Response: Detailed in response B!

Sorry for the lack of involvement, very busy with other things as the Guild Leader as I am sure you can all appreciate. Will get to your PM sometime today Nwahs, bunch of errands to run and things to do in RL and for the guild. Cheers. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
JamesSaul

A. yes and if not for a meeting maybe for an online poker game or battlefield play4free so that we can build better chemistry.

B. 1 or 2 time a month

C. weekends sat sun after 1:00 eastern

D. pvp plans, new swtor updates and how everybody is doing.

Omega Reaven

We did have one Jedi Knight meeting - http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6216179&gid=118791

And theres notes on some peoples time schedules in the admin section if you can find it/if its still there.(Hope all that helps in some way)

A - Yes its what i always wanted they dont have to be serious they can be fun and just mess around in a game while talking but itll help us get to know each other and increase vent.
B - Twice. One during the week for people who cant come on weekends and one for weekends for people having trouble with the week.
C - I dont really have a time i cant or a time i can i have a very varying schedule but almost always sundays and mondays work.
D - Mainly just be friendly this shouldnt be real serious until the game gets closer so mainly just discuss fun things and get to know the people well be tanking and dpsing with.
`Ryan`

re: Re: Jedi Knight meetings

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Alright everyone I need your input! Now we haven't really had any Jedi Knight meetings as far as I'm aware. I'll also be perfectly honest, I don't see a huge necessity for Knight meetings at this stage in the pre-launch part of the game, except to maybe set a schedule time every few weeks to say "Hey, Knight's let's all hang out at this time!" so that people can schedule it into their busy lives. But I'd be happy to hear if you disagree and really think we want meetings.

B. How often?

I do not have many words for a response to this but yes I completely agree. I will leave the details up to leadership for now. But since PAX is regimented which is a great account for it's strength, I believe that this is necessary and in the best interest of the Jedi sect.
- Xorei
Clusterfact

A. I don't think there is a lot to accomplish yet, but I wouldn't mind having the meetings simply for comradery's sake.

B. I think bi-weekly meeting are fine. Once a month works too.

C. Any time in the evening is perfect. Any other time might work, I'll just have to see if I can make meetings during the day.

D. We don't necessarily have to talk about just the game. I'm open to just shooting the shit as well.

Happy
AstralProjection

re: Re: Jedi Knight Meetings

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

B. How often?

A) I think regular meetings are a bit much this far before launch, as long as we're doing the game nights and poker nights together.

B) Monthly would probably be fine. Once TOR launches we're all going to have plenty of opportunity to chat, both in game and on Vent, I don't think it will be this hard to keep in touch and be actively discussing things.

C) Right now? Because of work and kids, Late Nights, During the day, sadly. Afternoon/Evening until 9 PM or so is rough with taking care of the kids and getting dinner made, homework done and people tucked in. Of course, I'm Eastern Time, so that may not be that bad for west coasters.

D) I think we're already discussing interesting stuff, but I'm open to suggestions. I'll talk Star Wars any time, will talk TOR anytime, and as Davi suggested, I'm fine just BSing too, though I tend to save that for dialogue rather than posting.

Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

A. It depends on what information is coming out about the Jedi Knight. I'm sure we've got things we can discuss, such as tanking being viable option in PvP.

B. Really depends what there is to cover we should have an agenda for each meeting so people can have time to collect their own thoughts before hand.

C. I'd say between 2pm-5pm PT during the week days which is probably a little early for most. Weekends are better for me though the occasional late Friday is fine.

D. I'm happy discussing anything TOR related.

Awarded:

Aestel Cooper wrote:
A. It depends on what information is coming out about the Jedi Knight. I'm sure we've got things we can discuss, such as tanking being viable option in PvP.

Very good call, we should definitely be discussing that, although again, that's something can be discussed very well in a thread. But yeah you're right, that will be something we talk about in the first meeting.

I'll take some time Monday or Tuesday to try to decide when our first meeting will be. It will be soonish!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum