Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Sliverspark

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Silverspark!

The application submitted by Sliverspark is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
USA

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-7:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Accomplishment. Nothing is more rewarding in any video game than completing that impossible task, or overcoming a dangerous feat. I want it just as bad as the next person does, that is why it is important to contribute to a guild and help out any way you can. I feel it is my duty to teach those who get carried to learn how to carry themselves; and do it well.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I've been gaming a long time, so I tend to see a lot of things in games that most people don't see out of the gate. Perception and visualization are two of my core strengths. They are played heavily while working both PvE and PvP content. Adaptation is also a strength of mine that plays especially well in MMORPG's. A lot of people have a tendancy to just freak out if they are getting pounded on; but it's important to change up your strategy and make sure the same thing doesn't happen twice. My only weakness is working two jobs so I don't have enough game time as I'd like to.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I'm not really a big quest type of person; unless I'm playing Mass Effect or Dragon Age. I have played MMO's a long time, and questing so much actually took the fun out of single-player RPG's for me; until I played the original Mass Effect. I like to spend my time pvping, exploring, or finding achievements. I will quest if I have to get through content, and I will do every quest in the game if needed; but I won't do them twice. I like pvping in guild groups and doing anything guild-related. Any other solo-play time I will find a good spot to chill out and craft, or just go hunting and kill mass amounts of mobs for the sweet loot.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR Guild Search

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not really.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect to be treated the way others would like to be treated. I also expect guild members to contribute to the guild as I do; whether it's more or less, I think that is important for any guild. I enjoy being around people who have a mature attitude and don't freak about the little things; because we all know that it is just a game at the end of the day. I don't join a guild for drama, I join a guild to have fun gaming with people like myself.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can contribute many things. I'm a humble, veteran gamer. If I've learned anything in my days it's to help guildies out when you can and take everything in stride. Besides helping the guild progress as a whole (a lot of people say it, but not many do it; I actually follow-through), I stay on top of my game. I value myself as an advanced player, but I won't ever waltz around with it painted on my forehead. I simply feel I have a lot to contribute on the PvP side of things as a good player.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The population mainly. I find that I have a lot more fun playing a game if there are other people to play with. There aren't a whole lot of Republic PvP guilds listed either; so it was Pax Republica's that website appealed me as well.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
If I am stressing in-game, then I am not enjoying myself so I quit playing for the time being. I log on to have fun, and there's none to be had if you are stressing. Out of game I do the usual, read a book/magazine, watch Netflix, listen or play music.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I add them to my ignore list and go about my day.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I would ask them to chill out. If I had to ask a second time, and we are in a raid/dungeon, I would tell them to focus that energy in-game. If the continued after this point I would simply mute them so I could concentrate on the task at=hand.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Sliverspark Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=3810

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No, I have not.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I'd like to go into SWTOR joining one guild. I don't like switching guilds every week. I'm not some elitist emo-tween who thinks he's better than everyone else: I just want a solid, mature, progressive guild.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I'd like to know how the guild was formed, history, relationships.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Sliverspark on April 22, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kbrury

Hello Silverspark, thank for putting in an application I thought it was pretty well done.

Which kind of PvP do you prefer? Battlegrounds, Open PvP, etc. Also do you know which AC you will be going with for the Trooper?

When it comes to the history of the guild, the founding members were a part of another guild called Republic Navy and they didn't like how it was being run so they left and formed Pax Republica on August 28th, 2009. The guild when I first joined(Dec 2009) had about 30-40 members but after conventions and big updates we began to receive more and more applicants so over time both our application and trial have evolved to get the best members that we can.

Currently we have one alliance with Odium and two rivalries with Kajidic and Reign. All three guilds we have had considerable interaction with.

Just ask me if you want to know more.

Last edited by Kbrury on April 22, 2011 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Cmelt

A guild officer will be reviewing your application within the next 24hrs. You have a quality applicationt that I believe is good enough for acceptance on it's own. However i'm sure other members will ask you some questions before approval. Lucky for you as it is the trooper is the only class we haven't closed yet.

A more senior member will most likely come by to answer your question, although I believe there is a thread here about our history.

If I happen to come across it I will edit it into here:

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Blind Equilibrium

re: Re: App: Sliverspark

Sliverspark wrote:
I expect to be treated the way I would like to be treated.

I thought this line was kinda funny... I would like to be treated like a deity so I damn well expect it! Happy

Overall wasn't a bad app, though your only weakness is working 2 jobs? You don't have any personality flaws that you are aware of?
Jaycen Lightrider

Good app, one question....

OUTSIDE of your Gaming Life

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?
Kidder Cole

Hello Silverspark and Welcome! I see that you are interested in playing the Trooper class. Which role do you see yourself filling as a Trooper? Tank? DPS? Healer?

Thank you for the comments.

As far as PvP goes, I enjoy it all. I like dominating battlegrounds, but dislike sometimes working with random people to get things done; because they don't get done. That is why I am hoping to join a more pvp-oriented guild. I enjoy open world PvP because I like the thrill of being attacked at any moment and trying to survive; those are my favorite battles.

In reference to online gaming; I guess a weakness that comes to mind are people who think they are the shit and they feel the need to let their precious gaming community know about it. I recall a few instances where people have said things to me like, "your gear sucks" or "I got this many kills against you". It's very annoying and has pissed me off a few times. In time I simply learned to just not care at all. That is why I will never talk about how awesome I am, or how epic my last kill was; because my actions are more satisfying and will always speak louder than words. I simply think it's more fulfilling to enter a battle, demolish everything in my wake, then walk away without saying a word.

This is one of the reasons I've decided to play a Trooper; the most unappealing class in SWTOR. I can't wait to blow up mass crowds of "look at my awesome sith jedi" with my "generic ranged filler class". I haven't had a chance to look at the advanced class stuff yet though, but I plan to...

Personality-wise, quite honestly those flaws a person can only really know if they know me in real life; like anyone. I'm a fairly easy-going person, but don't like being taken advantage of like anyone else. I will often say things that a lot of people are thinking, but won't say. I definitely like voicing my opinion; in a calm and constructive manner. One thing about being a musician is you learn to take the worst criticism so you can better your own sound.

OUTSIDE of my gaming life I am recording a rock record. I play all instruments except drums and will be doing the vocals as well. Here's a link to the studio: www.studioretrograde.com. This is why I am working two jobs; to pay for studio time. I am taking a small break right now while I move into a new place at the end of this month. This time next year I would like to be working with the band full-time and it's a goal I intend to reach. Besides that, when I do have more free time I enjoy pen and paper games like Dungeons & Dragons and reading fantasy/sci-fi novels.

I'll write some more later; I actually have to go to work now...go figure LOL :D
JamesSaul

Great application! One thing i really like about your app is your emphasis on how youare not in a guild for drama but for the community. I hope you app gets accepted and that you fly through your trials.

If you you would like send me a pm of what your vent name is so that if you get on i can drop in and say hi.

- james
Lord Marvel

Hello there Sliverspark, thank you for the time you have put into application.

And I must say it is a really good one, though I think... correct me if I am wrong

Sliverspark wrote:

You wanted to say that you "want oto be treated just the way you treat others"?

Other than that, a really good application

Vaaluk

Hi Sliverspark, pretty nice app you have Happy(says a lot about you)
I think you'll fit perfectly here

Good luck big grin
Sliverspark

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hello there Sliverspark, thank you for the time you have put into application.

And I must say it is a really good one, though I think... correct me if I am wrong

Sliverspark wrote:

You wanted to say that you "want oto be treated just the way you treat others"?

Other than that, a really good application

You are right, I fixed it.

Or another way you could say it: "I expect to be treated the way you would treat me as if I was treating you the way that I wanted to be treated."

Little chuckle there for ya...heh heh.

Kidder Cole: As far as PvE goes, I will most likely take on the tanking role as I always have.
Kbrury

Well I think that's all we need from you, application accepted. Welcome to the guild and good luck on your trial. :P

UnbarringTomb

Welcome to the Guild Trooper

/Salute

Sliverspark wrote:

"I expect to be treated the way you would treat me as if I was treating you the way that I wanted to be treated."

*giggles, what? My brains just exploded! Welcome and have fun on your trial!

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Vaaluk

Hahaha Great!
Congratz and good luck on your trials tongue out
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum