Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
JamesSaul

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, JamesSaul!

The application submitted by JamesSaul is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT+5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Highschool

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
"If you want to shine you gotta grind" i love being part of a guild and having the community and conversation that comes with it. I also strive to be respected and be thought of as a valuable asset to the guild. One thing that i cannot stand is when people join a guild and then mooch from the leaders. Guilds are not for mooching but to gain friends and get a better experience in the game. WHat motivates me most is to be the best i can be.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My strengths are that i am loyal, hard working and easy to work with. I work well with others and i am a leader.
My weakness is that i will not be as active as i will be on the weekends. However i will be on multiple hours a week minimum.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I love gaming on Xbox and PC. I play varsity lacrosse and football. i enjoy video editing.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
my friend cmelttheboss

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
no

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
i will try to talk to them about it privately but if the problem persists i will ask an officer of higher rank to help resolve the problem

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect the guild members to be respectfully of others and the leaders to be the best in the game.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
i will be an encouraging, loyal and be helpful guild member

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
This guild seems to stand out above all the rest. The member count is incredibly high and the application process being so in depth shows me that all members will be respectable and knowledgeable and willing to help others. In short terms there wont be any jerks.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I will most likely ignore him/her but if the problem persists i will try to calmly deal with him/her in a private chat. the reason i will deal with it in a private chat is so that i will not be a bad representative of the guild by being in an open argument that everyone logged on will see.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
i will first ask them to stop 2 times. If asking does not work there is a mute option in ventrilo and i will simply mute that character and then later unmute them and see if they have stopped. If they have not i will keep them Muted untill the next time i see them on or if they need to ask me a question.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
JamesSaul

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
no previous guild

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
no

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
I serve the guild

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
The reason i chose officer is because i want to be involved with the guild and have a leadership position and fully contribute as much as i can. After i have proven my self i would like to be able to give input opinions and ideas especially when relating to PVP which i would like be involved with.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
One thing i would like to know more about in arbiter and officer positions. Thank you for taking the time to review this application.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Drotix

I read your application and I like it, good luck on being accepted and may the force be with you ^^
JamesSaul

re: thanks

Thank you! Hope to be with you soon Happy
Kbrury

Hello James, could you briefly go over your MMO experience? Thanks

JamesSaul

Quote:
Hello James, could you briefly go over your MMO experience? Thanks

I first started playing MMOs around 7th grade and i love them!
the games I have played are:
Kights online
fiesta
Runescape
World of Warcraft
City of Heros
City of Villans
Gates of Andron

The game that i progressed the most in was Gates of Andron which is a PVP focused MMO. I played as a Night walker which is a stealth class. I am a part of the guild Shadow Walkers which is a level ten guild (the highest level for a guild) and our guild has earned its cloak which requires the guild to earn 30,000 Acheivment points which is capturing about 60 forts. I am one of the original active members and i have learned about the importance of being in a guild and learned that being in a guild is not about me but that i am privileged to be in a guild. Something that my old guild master used to say was that "our guild is like a family" we look out for each other and we help each other there is no room for selfishness.

SWTOR will no doubt be the MMO that Progress most in because i have never been this excited for anygame!

If you have any more questions or need me to clear anything up please ask.

Thank you for taking the time to read my app.

-JamesSaul
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: JamesSaul

Hello there James, welcome to our forum. Thank you for your taking time and writing application Happy

Your application is quite good, I can`t really say bad thing about it, though I have some questions:

JamesSaul wrote:
What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT+5:00

Soooooo you live in US, right? <might want to check timezones ;) >

JamesSaul wrote:
How do you deal with stress and new players?:
i will try to talk to them about it privately but if the problem persists i will ask an officer of higher rank to help resolve the problem

I think that you have missunderstand the question.

It`s actually two part question

first: How are you dealing with stress?

second: If new player asks you for help/advice/etc. how do you react?

JamesSaul wrote:
And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
One thing i would like to know more about in arbiter and officer positions. Thank you for taking the time to review this application.

So what would you like to now about them?Happy

Also, with Jedi Knights being at the cap that we have set for ourselves, you might be put on the waitlist untill we will have free spot or until we will decide to rise this cap.

JamesSaul

Quote:
Soooooo you live in US, right? <might want to check timezones ;) >

haha im sorry i i thought gmt was Pacific for some reason i live in the east coast time zone.

Quote:
I think that you have missunderstand the question.

It`s actually two part question

first: How are you dealing with stress?

second: If new player asks you for help/advice/etc. how do you react?

PART 1: I am not a person who is quick to anger in everyday life. Some ways i deal will stress is in sports im a very passionate player and i get in to it. Im a very aggressive player but an hour after the games over im back to normal. the second way i deal with stress is video games but unlike in lacrosse i stay very calm. Video games are a great way to socialize with people who have the same interests such as starwars and mmos.

PART 2: IF a player ask me for advice im all ways willing to take a look at my map and try to find what they are looking for. Also if im am just chillin and i am not currently questing i am glad to help them with there quest for a short time. One thing however that bothers me is when new players try to mooch off of others. the reason it bothers me is it happened quite often in my last guild in GOA and it caused the guild master stress.

Quote:
So what would you like to now about them?

I wanted to know if the officers had pvp responsibilities or if that is mainly a council or arbiter position?
[/quote]
Lord Marvel

To answer your question:

Yes, we want that our officer are able to lead groups in either PvP or PvE, it`s not a requirement to be one, but it`s nice if officer is able to Happy

JamesSaul

awesome i love pvp and cant wait for SWTOR! I want to get involed as i can with pvp.
Tcyiora

I liked your application, Happy you seem like a nice person! Hope you get accepted!

JamesSaul

Thank you!
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hey James, and welcome to the forums!

"If you want to shine you gotta grind" - I can't believe I've never heard that before! So funny and pretty much true.

Pretty good application, but I do think we are at the cap for Jedi Knights, we'll see what others think but my vote is to put you on the waitlist!

Quote:
If you want to shine you gotta grind" - I can't believe I've never heard that before! So funny and pretty much true.

i heard the phrase quite recently and thought it was awesome. from what i've heard though is in SWTOR there wont be classic grinding but side quests i'm so excited for this game!
Cmelt

Was that Gary Gannon or Jay Hegard with that quote? Anyways great application, look forward to watching you progress through your trials (if you make it twisted ) lol jk) !
Kbrury

I agree with Nwahs on putting you on the waitlist, but we do have a Jedi Knight Trainee who has yet to really start their trial. If he doesn't start working on his trial he will be kicked which will open up a spot.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum