Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: NEED HELP: My Plan to Propose to Aubrey

Short story: Can anyone help me take a picture of me and Aubrey I've photoshopped to have some text on it, and take that picture and do an effect where it shows up on screen like a jigsaw puzzle? Like, there's a blank screen, and then jigsaw puzzle pieces come together randomly on the screen to show the picture I've chosen? And then can we get this effect on DVD so that I can give it to the manager at the movie theater?

Long story: It's coming down to crunch time and I have an idea of how I want to propose to Aubrey. I know I want to do it in May before her graduation and commissioning. I wasn't sure if I should wait until after so I didn't seem like I was trying to "hog the spotlight", but her girlfriends and sister think it will be more sweet and show how confident I am if I do it before those big events, and that way she can wear the ring to those events and feel that much more special during them. So anyway, I plan to propose in early May. I still don't have a ring yet but I'm going shopping with my "mom" next weekend, we'll probably find something and I'll get it this month, I'm not too worried about it (should I be?)

Ok, so the plan is to propose to her at this awesome place called Chunky's... you can google it but it's basically a movie theater where you can also order food and beer. We had our first date there and the majority of the rest of our dates there, and we both love seeing the movies. What I want to do is have a picture of us on the big screen, before the movie during the advertisements, saying "Aubrey, we are so perfect for each other... we go together like a jigsaw puggle... will you marry me?" if I can get the jigsaw puzzle effect I'm thinking of. And then I get on one knee, show her the ring, all that jazz and ask her to marry me in front of everyone. I think she'll love it.

(I'm in a bind on the timing. I want to do it in early May so that it's before the graduation, but the only bad thing is that no good movies will be playing at that time... not that I think that's too important. I could wait until later in the summer when Harry Potter comes out, since she's really excited for that movie.)

Anyway... could anyone help me with the photoshop-ish idea I have?

Wow bro, so you are really going to do it!?! Grats and good luck!

I can help, but I suggest you wait for her Harry Potter movie if shes so excited about it , that way it's 2 things about that day she'll never forget. And it'll give me time to do a good one, something like this but with your names:

http://www.y8.com/animation/Will_You_Marry_Me

Lord Marvel

I love your idea Shawn :D And grats on taking this decision Happy

Other than that, what Finx said ^_^

Thorzin

This sounds awesome, but to make it even more special I think you should wait for harry potter. That will be really sweet.

Good Luck and Congratz!!!

Thorzin wrote:
This sounds awesome, but to make it even more special I think you should wait for harry potter. That will be really sweet.

Good Luck and Congratz!!!

^ This. That'll make her love it all the more.

Anyway, chat with me on Xbox sometime, and I can help you figure it out if you want.

Congrats!

I have to concur with previous posters on waiting for the movie. An important event or something that she is looking forward to will make the memory that much more vivid to her... then again, you already got opinions from female folk close to her that know her well... so hard to say... LOL. Regardless, congrats again and many hopes for a happy future!!
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Thanks guys... but seriously can anyone do the puzzle effect I'm talking about? Is it possible? If not I will just submit the picture to the movie manager

I think this'll do it, but to get the image you'll have to solve it yourself: http://www.flash-gear.com/npuz/

This doesn't do a jigsaw, I don't think, but it cubes it...I think:
http://www.freecodesource.com/image-generators/picture-puzzle/index

I cannot help with the photoshop, but I wanted to say congratulations!
Areku99

Just saw you have Photoshop, so here:
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/photoshop-puzzle/

Good luck! You've got a perfect location, at least. Special, but not so out of the ordinary as to be suspicious. big grin
Isond

The puzzle effect may be do-able in After Effects, but it's so long I've been fiddling with it, but I'm guessing the Shatter effect in that might be capable of doing it.

Let me use some time on AAE and I'll back to you regarding it.
Trah War

Awesome idea Nwahs and congrats!
Zoron Ror

Congrats its going to be awesome! Talk to the manager or call their advertising department and find out what formats you can have, dimensions, time, size of file etc. Put the whole animation on paper, make a storyboard with as much detail as possible, colors, timing etc.

I have a little experience in flash, adobe director is good http://www.adobe.com/products/director/, you can create a DVD in most recognizable formats in there, have it run automatically when it is inserted into a DVD player.

An image would work great too, lots of people with photoshop experience here. Again find out as much information as you can, image size, DPI, file size, image format etc. You could use http://www.gimp.org/ which is a great free image manipulation tool like photoshop. We should all try to make an image or two and make a competition out of it and you pick your favorite.

Anyway best of luck, I'll be happy to donate a little money if you need help with that.[/url]

Awarded:

Thanks guys! We're getting on the right track. I'll do some more research and see what I can do. I personally don't have photoshop but I was hoping someone else who did could help me.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum