Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Taic

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Taic!

The application submitted by Frosthawk is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-7:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
No

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Being a part of a guild motivates me to provide my experience, skill sets and time to best suit the guild's needs at the moment. I really like to get the most out of games, and in this case, being an active member of a team that has the same goals.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My strengths are my gaming experience, my flexibility and loyalty and my maturity. My weaknesses are I am still an evening college student, and that takes priority as does my family, so some evenings I may be unavailable.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I am an electronics and computer technician by trade, so I am very interested in tinkering with electronics and getting new "toys" to play with. I am also a student pilot, but I don't take lessons anymore because it's too expensive!

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
The SWTOR guild website

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Depends on social enviornment.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
Stress isn't a big deal and new players are easily taken under my wing if it's necessary.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
To provide a fun and social environment, access to other individuals that also want to contribute to helping other players.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
A fun, joking, tactical, experienced PvE and PvP player.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The number of members, time zone, PvP focused guild.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
It's best to ignore childish acts, and keep down on the drama. We are all adults, and that type of behavior isn't necessary or worth making worse.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I would appeal to an officer about it, and if that didn't work I would mute them or excuse myself from vent until the situation is resolved. However I don't foresee a situation that could make me feel bad. I like to joke around and have fun, but I'm sure it would be taken care of before it reached a level that I would take offense to it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Gajit is my username on the official forums.

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
N/A.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Nothing at this time. I am a pretty open person so if you have any questions please feel free to ask away!

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Nothing at this time.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Vanden Norr

Looks like a solid application, Frosthawk. I am pleased to see another potential Jedi Consular joining the ranks.

Best of luck, my friend!
Taic

Thank you for the warm and quick welcome! I love the consular class, and I after looking into the lore behind the shadow advanced class I believe that is the path I would like to take. I did notice one typo in my application that I would like to clear up though.

Quote:

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
No

For some reason I read this as guild fees (like Goon Squad). Please disregard my answer as I can afford to pay my box price and monthly fee haha!

Edit: Also for gaming experience, I have played a wide variety of MMORPGs. More recently I have played Rift and DCUO. I was a tactical officer in an all dwarf guild, The Kingmakers on Phoenix Throne in Warhammer Online. I also played Planet Side, which is really an MMOFPS with some good RPG elements in it. I have played WoW for many years off and on performing healing and tanking but my first love is PvP. I had a Teras Kasi Master/Ranger in Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies.

I am really a jack of all trades and I prefer to heal or tank since those roles are more helpful within a guild. As I said, I was looking to do shadow, but I have no problem going sage and pumping out some heals. As long as the Pax and the Republic win, it is all worth it.

Taic

Holy wow, my Guild Launch profile was way out of date! I went through and updated my information and my player name that I intend on using in TOR. Frosthawk was the name I used in an old friend guild in Warhammer and WoW. I intend on using Taic or Maic for my TOR characters.

After looking around the forums, I am really excited about this community. I really appreciate all the work that went into making your charter and enforcing standards that promote maturity and healthy social gaming. Pax's values of Integrity, Honor, Loyalty, Dedication, Humility, Self-Sufficiency, Honesty, Maturity, and Respect are very similar to the U.S. Army values of Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage that I strive to live by everyday, even though I am no longer in the military. Personally, my most prized value is integrity, for I believe that all other values stem from that. If you are honest and true and give every situation your all, it will show with leadership, confidence and the rest of the values will fall into place.

I am also excited to see your calendar has a TF2 and SC2 events! I have played a lot of TF2 and would love to hit it up with you guys and I have SC2 but am not very good at multi-player but would give it a shot and learn from you guys. I also have LoL that I have played after Totalbiscuit's WTF overview that intrigued me. My steam account is aviator4252 if anyone wants to add me.

After submitting my application, I also see that the recruitment for Consulars has been closed. If this is the case, I would consider playing another class as I really enjoy what this community has to offer, and if requested I would gladly reapply to that affect.

Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Hey! We're very sorry for the delay in getting to your application. Things have been a bit hectic as we hit the 100 member cap - determining who's in, who's out, who applied before we closed, etc...

The good news is that your application has been accepted! One of our lovely Trial Directors will be around soon to get you started on the path to becoming a full member of Pax Republica.

Welcome aboard!

HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Done
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/15/2011 and ending 3/22/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by HybridLee on March 26, 2011 1:23 am; edited 7 times in total
Taic

Thank you very much. I appreciate the ability to trial. It's humbling when I saw so many applications beside mine when the cap was hit.

HybridLee

Taic wrote:
Thank you very much. I appreciate the ability to trial. It's humbling when I saw so many applications beside mine when the cap was hit.

No problem! Anyway I messed up while typing in your trial date. Just wanted to clarify that phase 1 of your trial ends at 3/22/2011. My bad. >_>.
Cloud Kanno

Interview complete.

Awarded:

Looks like you'll have no problems making it into Phase 2, and I expect you to do well in Phase 2 with your activity level!

I have class tonight, so I won't be able to attend the TF2 game night, however I will do my best to make the game day later today! It was a blast last week to do it, and the consular meeting prior to that! (Not sure if the vent and gaming has to happen in phase 2 or not)

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Vote now!

Yes. Anyone with 77 posts at the close of their trial has impressed me. big grin

ObiBen

Very active, seems like a nice guy. Yes!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum