Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Idea.

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper, Vheissus!

The application submitted by Shoeplay is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
Canada

What time zone are you in?:
GMT

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Lightsabers!! (see my application on SWTOR.com guilds)

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: I'm a real achievement chaser. I love helping out fellow guild members and working towards progression to help make the guild as best as possible! I'm also a great tank Happy
Weaknesses: I'm a full time worker...so i can't be as hardcore as i used to. But i definitely manage to still put in some good hours each week!

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Mostly gaming, but I really enjoy travelling and i love my career.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR guild HQ

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No, but i don't mind it when people do

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I NEVER yell, i talk things out, which is why i think i've been such a great officer in other guilds

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
To respect other guild members while working towards progression as a team. Ultimately working together and being there for others. Pretty much everything that has made guilds strong, just like running a good business - it's all about managing the people while maintaining structure!

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I'm very good at carrying out tasks. I'm a leadership type personality, but ultimately my role in this MMO would be great as either an Officer or Member. I'd be most interested in working with leadership or helping out with structure and deligations, but either way i'm happy as long as the guild works well with each other.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
You're website! It seems like you guys have good structure in place, and of course fun! This suits my personality i'd say.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I deal logically with them. I ask them questions in a calm voice asking how they came to an assumption or what it is that is bringing them to me in that manner. I'm trained to deal with that interaction often, and maintaining character without losing it is key to resolving conflict.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Depends on what my position is in the guild and what my role entails. I'm very good at dealing with conflict, but i'm not one to step out of place trying to fix something when i haven't been given permission to do so. If it was bothering me, i'd probably just switch vent channels or bring it up to a leader.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Shoeplay

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Nope

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Never

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
All i have to say is to give me a chance! I'm a great person to get along with, I'm open to pretty much everything, and i'm a big supporter on helping others out in the guild Happy i don't judge others, i keep things real with logic but have a good sense of humor as i love quoting movies and joking around. Don't get me wrong, with all my seriousness i am still a kid at heart Happy

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I'm just looking forward to playing this game and being apart of a strong and fun guild environment. At this point I have no further questions, but if you have any additional ones for me i'd be happy to help! Looking forward to speaking with you guys and thanks for your time!!

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Kbrury

Here's his Application on SWTOR.

Quote:
List your past MMORPG experience, if any:

1) World of Warcraft - Since Vanilla, I was always a main tank/DPS (Warrior/Druid/Rogue). In SWTOR, i'm going with the Jedi Knight to further take on that similar role in which I enjoy playing the most!

What are you looking for in a guild?:

I'm big on achievements. As more of a player focused on PvE in the past, I tend to go for accomplishments and strive to see that the guild i'm a part of is great. I can honestly say i enjoy helping out the guild with anything in lines for any progression whatsoever - be it professions, pve, pvp, or questing. I'm a big supporter of strong leadership skills, which is why i believe i've made such a great officer in previous guilds. Ultimately i'm pretty busy to be leading a guild of my own, but i definitely believe i'd be an asset to any guild who is serious about having fun while progressing in this MMO.

What can you contribute to a guild?:

Officer leadership skills (See more in the previous bracket). I'm very committed to seeing a guild progress, and will stick with any guild that has a solid regime or structure in what it takes to being a strong guild.

Extra:

I'm extremely flexible in my playtime, however sticking to a strict play schedule can be a bit difficult for me. Like I said, i'm huge on helping out the guild anytime i'm online and am big at listening to others concerns and learning from them (which is why i believe i've been a great officer), but i do have other commitments outside of my game time. I'm very strong with my communication and openness with guild members and leaders, and I believe this has made me valued even with the fact that i'm not someone who can "always be at a raid". It's worked for me in other hardcore guilds with my play style, and i'm sure it can work with yours as well! (if you're willing to give me a shot Happy )

Damek Critou

Very nice. Good to see some thoughtful people around. I enjoyed reading it! I see no reason why he shouldn't be put on the trial Happy

HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Complete
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/9/2011 and ending 3/16/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by HybridLee on March 16, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 10 times in total
Icarus Rayden

Well done pal!
Good luck with your trials

We are not legends. We are not heroes. We are not saviors. We are ordinary men and women who have the guts to face the vast and dark horrors of space so that our families and friends may look up to the coming days with hope.
We are Troopers.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

GREAT application. I look forward to tanking along side you. Perhaps we can share some tanking tips Happy

I'm looking forward to tanking/dpsing along side you as well Nwahs!! Nothing I enjoy more in PvE mechanics than discussing different tanking strats Happy see you on the field!
HybridLee

Phase 1 has been completed, moving you onto phase 2. You've finished all requirements for both phases, but as I mentioned in the interview you will have a voting phase at the end of your trial. Good luck.
Idea.

Sounds great, thanks for your time!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Vote!

If there is anything the guild needs from me during the voting process, please let me know! (vent participation, additional info, etc).

niakori

At first I was like Shoeplay.. I haven't seen a Shoeplay anywhere, but then I noticed it was you Vheissus *whoosh*

Anywho, you've been quite active in the forums and I've seen you in vent afk on several occasions but haven't had a chance to speak to you (this could be my fault as my vent times are erratic).

Going over your posts I feel you added to discussions and are willing to be an active and helping participant in this guild. On the condition that you promise to continue to do so, my vote is yes.

I agree, Vheissus has been very active and has contributed throughout his trial. He seems to be a very good fit to our guild.

I vote yes!

Every artist was first an amateur.
Lord Marvel

I gladly give a and Joy just because I like this emoticon ^_^

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum