75%
 75%  [ 46 ]
Other (Post about it)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 61

Lord Marvel

re: Flashpoints/Battle Fields: Scheduled, Unscheduled

Well the idea is, so that if too many people will sign up, than we will just make 2 or 3 groups, so that everyone can have fun Happy

Also we have members all around the world with different schedules, so at all times someone should be around to play with ;)

Foriamlord

Just to throw in my two bits here.

Firstly, I don't think you need "unscheduled" as an option for this poll. We are all gonna band together to run instances with whoever's online (unscheduled). So it seems a little redundent. Am I right?
A better way to phrase it would be: do we want to have no scheduled events at all? To me this sort of degrades the PVE usefulness of the guild. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I want the option of joining a raid with my fellow guildies.
This is much easier if there is a schedule.

Second point. To sign up or not to sign up? Sign ups have been the bane of many a guild. People will see 8/16/32 people signed up for the Eternity Vauly Operation and not bother to put their names down. Then when it comes to raid time only 6/10/25 people show up and the guild is forced to PUG the rest (which often ends in disaster).
Having said that, if there is no sign up how can we decide who gets to run if there are not enough spots? First come, first served certainly benefits the hardcore player who can afford to log on for 20 hours a day.

One really cool thing we can do is have scheduled events which can be done by any number of people.
E.G., Alderan Warzone Night, Huttball Night, Void Star Night.
That's three scheduled events you can have and it doesn't matter how many people turn up. We can organise groups, make sure there is enough healer / tank / dps players in each group and que. The more the merrier but this night would not depend on sign up or a first come first served basis. Even better, we could include people who show up late by simply adding them to an existing group Happy

It is a little more problematic to try and do this for PVE but it can be done. Instead of having a "Flashpoint Night" or an "Eternity Vault Night" you combine the two into one or two "PVE Nights".
Then you see who comes on. If 16 people come online run Eternity Vault. If 6 people come online run alternating flashpoints. If a number like 20 or so people come online who all want to run Eternity Vault then sub people in and out after each boss fight.

Finally, DKP. Dragon Kill Points for the uninitiated. This basically means that the guild organises a currency system. For each boss you contribute to killing you earn currency which you can use to bid on the drops. You can save up your DKP points if you don't want any of the loot.
Pros
Stops random people from running an instance once, getting their loot and quiting the guild. As PR has such a hardline recruiting policy I don't think this will be a problem.
Cons, This system is designed for the hard-core players. In order for this system to be fair all members have to be hard-core. Do we want to be a hardcore guild?

I don't think we do, right?

Foriamlord wrote:
Second point. To sign up or not to sign up? Sign ups have been the bane of many a guild. People will see 8/16/32 people signed up for the Eternity Vauly Operation and not bother to put their names down. Then when it comes to raid time only 6/10/25 people show up and the guild is forced to PUG the rest (which often ends in disaster).

I don`t remember if we have posted this somewhere, but if someone will sign up on raid and not show on time, it`s ok, once maybe twice with good reason.
If someone will constantly sign up for raids and not show up he/she will receive strike and eventually will be removed from guild.

Foriamlord wrote:
Finally, DKP. Dragon Kill Points for the uninitiated. This basically means that the guild organises a currency system. For each boss you contribute to killing you earn currency which you can use to bid on the drops. You can save up your DKP points if you don't want any of the loot.
Pros
Stops random people from running an instance once, getting their loot and quiting the guild. As PR has such a hardline recruiting policy I don't think this will be a problem.
Cons, This system is designed for the hard-core players. In order for this system to be fair all members have to be hard-core. Do we want to be a hardcore guild?

With recently released information on looting system it seems that we won`t need neither DKP neither Loot council or anything like that, since everyone gets their own bag with loot from bosses Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: