75%
 75%  [ 46 ]
Other (Post about it)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 61

ObiBen

re: Flashpoints/Battle Fields: Scheduled, Unscheduled

I put my vote in for Scheduled with sign-ups, just for an emphasis in that area, but I agree with basically everyone here. I think regularly scheduled weekly events, with sign-ups should be standard, with obviously the opportunity to run random stuff whenever people are online and interested and nothing else is scheduled. I like the idea of sign-ups because it allows things to be scheduled in advance so people can plan, then hold people responsible for keeping to their commitments as much as possible, and that can also help encourage activity/rewards too.

is there going to be some sort of dkp, or gdkp system? People who've signed up for a flash point get 1 point, if they actually show up they get 5, but if they don't after signing, they lose 10. Those who don't sign up, but show up get 5 points total (which is 1 less than those that signed up) but don't have to worry about losing 10. Or if people just want to get together and say hey, I'm online, and so are 12 others, I'm going to start something up, hey you other 12, who wants to battle ground... ok 10 people so I'll organize everything and we'll go in 10 minutes... I get 10 points for organizing it, and everybody else gets 2 for showing for an non-scheduled run.

This would not only encourage people to organize runs but to join non-scheduled ones.

Rebmac! wrote:
is there going to be some sort of dkp, or gdkp system? People who've signed up for a flash point get 1 point, if they actually show up they get 5, but if they don't after signing, they lose 10. Those who don't sign up, but show up get 5 points total (which is 1 less than those that signed up) but don't have to worry about losing 10. Or if people just want to get together and say hey, I'm online, and so are 12 others, I'm going to start something up, hey you other 12, who wants to battle ground... ok 10 people so I'll organize everything and we'll go in 10 minutes... I get 10 points for organizing it, and everybody else gets 2 for showing for an non-scheduled run.

This would not only encourage people to organize runs but to join non-scheduled ones.

I really like that. If for nothing else, it keeps track of activity and encourages people to keep commitments too.

DKP, not worth it. We can note, and see what people give to guild, but DKP, no. If people are online go play, who can note that your on, if there is only Regular Eu. And so on. And for Schedule it is more to see who can join, and if at that time is good time to have it, or if to many are gone that day.

ircannibals

DKP can be good and bad I think

Tadrius Lucrosus

I voted for both scheduled and unscheduled since with my experience (especially in WoW), if you dont schedule a raid or something of importance like it, people just don't show up and it just ends up not working out. The reason I put unscheduled too is for the people who didn't really sign up to just fill the spots.

Nothing will ever work out in an MMO if you don't schedule it since most people have lives (I know its a rather harsh way to say it but oh well) and if you dont schedule something, they'll go to the movies with their gf/bf and whatnot. Though they might still do that while something is scheduled, everything can happen. I just personally think scheduling is the best idea.

Aestel Cooper wrote:
Well obviously we need more information on raiding sizes and how long the instance will take.
Though I'd say for PvE generally longer progression content raids should be scheduled, but shorter ones we can leave unplanned.

PvP is fine to just be pickup and go though no harm in us scheduling it.

I agree much with Aestel's comment based on its similarity to what im used to as well. In addition, I agree with Aux in that "First signups get in, later signups are on stand by in case there is room." This is nice because the people who don't sign up don't have to feel pressure for the nights they can't make it, but at the same time still have a chance to make it to a raid if the groups need more while being on standby - without being punished for not making 100% attendance.

Of course "loot" with this method will be in the hands of the "higher up" depending on what method of handling they choose to go with, but ultimately this type of play style is a nice differentiation from more "hardcore" guilds where 100% attendance is valued much higher than the flexibility in member swapping through progression.
Taic

With flashpoints requiring only four people for the mid-level demo, and two for the low-level Imperial ship flashpoint demo, and near one hundred members give or take a few I believe that it will be quite easy for us to find a solid group within the guild at near any time.

For that reason, I stated unscheduled and scheduled because I like the structure of having allotted time to run flashpoints or help others progress in their story to participate in a flashpoint with others. And sometimes there just happens to be three other bored people on so we can team up and knock out an instance and get some good loot.

It seems that the Alderan battlefront is 10v10 and that would require more preparation and possibly sign ups and possibly endgame content as nothing has really been revealed on that yet.

SlayerJL

Taic wrote:
With flashpoints requiring only four people for the mid-level demo, and two for the low-level Imperial ship flashpoint demo, and near one hundred members give or take a few I believe that it will be quite easy for us to find a solid group within the guild at near any time.

For that reason, I stated unscheduled and scheduled because I like the structure of having allotted time to run flashpoints or help others progress in their story to participate in a flashpoint with others. And sometimes there just happens to be three other bored people on so we can team up and knock out an instance and get some good loot.

It seems that the Alderan battlefront is 10v10 and that would require more preparation and possibly sign ups and possibly endgame content as nothing has really been revealed on that yet.

spoke my mind =)

Zoron Ror

I chose both too, signups are definitely important for larger raids. Maybe the best PVPers could spend sometime with a training day grouping up with people who don't do so well to give the whole guild an opportunity to better themselves?

I feel it would be safe to have both scheduled and non-scheduled events. Flexible, yet ordered.
Jaycen Lightrider

Looking at the poll it seems this is pretty much a made up decision yes? It is IMHO best to have both options..I know I would like to do both!
Vaaluk

Clusterfact wrote:
I feel it would be safe to have both scheduled and non-scheduled events. Flexible, yet ordered.

Like that
Easy and simple tongue out
Blind Equilibrium

The only thing that makes me nervous about sign ups is that there are people who could, if they wanted to, camp the site to sign up (those like me who are at home all the time and its easy to get to a computer at anytime) and those who work or can't access the website for large periods of time at a stretch... with 100 people I would worry about those folks who due to location in the world or work would be shut out of their chosen content constantly due to not being able to sign up fast enough.

Aside from that concern I voted for scheduled and unscheduled events.
Drotix

I voted both simply because we can all be on ventrillo during a scheduled time and use voice communications while we play, and its more organized as far as teams go with classes such as having 1 class for each run

But unscheduled is convenient because it doesnt require you to be on at a specific time or day, we can go into guild chat and form up a quick party to do a couple of quick runs

So pros and cons to both The pros to unscheduled is that they can be formed quickly but the cons to that is that we may not have every class for the run. The pros for scheduled is more organized and classes can be distributed for runs. The cons to scheduled is not everyone may be able to get online at specific time.

So I say have both and let the guildies have an option rather then making guild flashpoints on a specific time and day
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: