Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrayu Yung

re: JK Story Early Decision ****Spoiler****

Ok, so I read a lot of the previews about the JK starting story, skipped most of the details to keep somewhat of a surprise. Don't read further if you don't want to know about any of the story!

One scenario I did read about was a mission where we will be sent to investigate about two Jedi who might be in love. Apparently we find out that they are and we have to decide if we keep it a secret or turn them in. I'm kinda thinking about how I want to answer this one. If there were no consequences I would keep their secret, but if you do, you will be given dark side points. I plan on playing a light side JK so I really don't want the dark side points, depending on how much of an impact it will be for your character. If you turn them in I assume they will be kicked out of the order, so it could have an impact in future stories. Just wanting to get a feel for how the other Knights plan on completing this story. Will you turn them in or let them keep their secret?
Garlen Durakkis

Such a hard decision! confused But for the good of the order I must say I would turn them in. Preventing people from turning into this guy ------>
Bongi

The decision of being light side or dark side has been torturing my mind since I first heard of this game. The decision of being light or dark side has been a tougher decision then choosing which class I want to play as. Overall I like helping people, I like being the hero. But when it comes to decisions like this I would not want to turn them in. I wouldn't want to turn them in because I'm the guy thats going to go after every girl I possibly can. But I like to do good things and playing a lightsided character. My personality is very grey there are bad things I would do and there are a lot of good things I would do. But playing a grey character is kinda of dull and lame I feel like. So picking one side or the other is extremely tough for me right now. But in this particular situation I would keep it a secret and receive the crystal you earn in return.

The decision on whether I play lightside or dark side is not going to be finalized until I am actually playing the game and depending on the situations. I feel like I wanna have the appearance of a dark sided character but the reputation of a light sided character. These decisions are so tough...

I would like to play my character as a "Lawful/Neutral" Jedi. While they may seem a bit wishy-washy (I assume that's what you meant by lame, Bongi?), the idea that I am going for is a Jedi with the mentality of Qui-Gon Jinn; a Jedi for truth and justice, but not one who is bound strictly by the code. The code is there for a reason, but unless someone can temper their will against the code(without going over the edge), I feel like personal development would be harder to acheive.

As to the decision I would make? ...

... I have no idea.
Areku99

I don't see how not turning them in would be evil--if anything, turning them in would be evil, if out of spite.

I'm light-side with my main, but I think I can make up the difference later on, if there's a maximum. If not...damn.

I wanted to ask this question for a very long time. If I were a Jedi (we all do, don't we?), I'd be classified as a grey, like Qui-Gon (Thank you for bringing that up, Clusterfact).

The thing is, I personally would not turn the couple in because, despite the Jedi code saying otherwise, I believe that the Jedi have every right to live their lives the way they wish (as long as it's just and they uphold the law).

What I'm getting at is that the decisions I think are just may be considered dark or light, and I don't want to play through as a broken half light/dark Jedi, as I will not have enough points for the more advanced skills.

Will these conflicting ideals/decisions completely alter gameplay?
Atrayu Yung

I kinda feel like most of you seem to. I don't want to turn them in because, for one, I plan on pursuing my romance option in the game, so what would it say of me to turn someone else in while I myself am doing the same thing. I do want to play a fully light side JK, so I hope it works like in KOTOR where there is enough possible decisions that you can overcome a few dark decisions and still get the benefits that come with being fully light. If not, I guess I will be somewhere in between.

I think it already says a lot about the story in this game if a quest for a brand new character is making you think this hard about a decision. It's like playing a BE in WoW and facing a very tough decision that could forever impact the game before you even left the starter isle. I hope the whole game makes us think this hard.
sbeeb

Probably turn them in because it's your duty!
JaxLancs

in that quest they give you "powerful" saber crystal for keeping stum.
although i'd probably take the crystal and turn them in...bribes are against my code....
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum