View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion - SPOILERS INSIDE

So yes, it's possible Plagueis is behind Anakin, but I don't think so

Awarded:

But again, that point is all but confirmed with the Plagieus book and hinted at by Palpatine's words "they learned how to create life" through medichlorians, which is how we were told Anakin was conceived.  Unless Plagieus is not considered canon anymore, it's pretty much a fact in my mind but I suppose it's up for interpretation :)

Here is another Theory I saw the other day What if Snoke is Darth Bane.

Plus I watched the movie for second time.  Luke was not wearing a necklace.  I did se the gravestone.  Not only that but, Luke was standing to the left of the gravestone and in front of what appears to be some sort of shrine.  He is facing the Shrine in a reverant pose when Rey approaches.

The look he gives Rey isn't just one of despair where he's thinking okay I have to do this again?  No his look tells me not you please why couldn't have been anyone but you. 

I paid more attention to Rey's vision this time and heard a Obi-Wan say "Rey,  These are your first steps."  I researched it and found out they used Alec Guinness' pre recorded voice to say Rey and then used Ewan McGregor's voice to record the other bit for the new movie.

Also during the vision I paid attention to the person that had ahold of Rey's arm and there voice and it reminded me of the guy that she was selling the parts too.

Something else I noticed is that Kylo leaves his helmet on the bridge after he kills Han and never goes back for after everything goes boom.  I took this to mean he resolved the internal conflict and no longer needed to prove to himself he could fully commit to the Dark Side.

Also I do not think the Rey's Birth Name is Rey.  I think it is something else and I am not completely sold on the fact that she is Luke's daughter.  However there is a connection there.

Oh and the Planet system that the First order destroyed was the Hosnian system where the New Republic had chosen to found the New Galatic senate and according to one of the books released for the Movie the Senate instead of staying on one planet rotated between planets every so many years.  The reason that the destruction was visible from the planet that destruction was visible from Mos Kenata's place was that the weapon actually causes a hyperspace rift.  Therefore it was visible from across many lightyears.

Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

But again, that point is all but confirmed with the Plagieus book and hinted at by Palpatine's words "they learned how to create life" through medichlorians, which is how we were told Anakin was conceived.  Unless Plagieus is not considered canon anymore, it's pretty much a fact in my mind but I suppose it's up for interpretation :)

Plagieus is confirmed cannon. The book is confirmed as non-cannon.

Since Raptr was installed.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

... smh

Of course Plagieus is canon he was mentioned in a movie, I meant the book XD

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but the gravestone is starting to make sense if it is Luke's wife (Mara Jade) and she was killed by Ben Solo (Jacen Solo). I know that EU is no longer canon, but I suppose they could have used that piece of info.

Awarded:

Frost290 wrote:

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but the gravestone is starting to make sense if it is Luke's wife (Mara Jade) and she was killed by Ben Solo (Jacen Solo). I know that EU is no longer canon, but I suppose they could have used that piece of info.

My thoughts exactly.  I think Ben Solo and the Knights of Ren, after destroying Luke's new Order, killed Luke's wife (Mara Jade), leaving Luke to hide Rey (his daughter) so that Ben would never find her.  Luke then went in search of the first Jedi Temple, which was the ruins on the island and there he buried his wife.

Awarded:

I don't think Luke knew Rey survived. I think Kylo couldn't bring himself to kill her and dropped her on Jakku, using his already established mind powers to take away her memories of her training and just leaving her with a vague sense of family. I feel like Luke would have left Rey with Leia rather than effectively selling her into desert slavery. I think this explains Kylo's fixation on Rey and his apparent knwledge that there was a girl of some importance on Jakku, that he seemed to hope wasn't involved in all this. (Evidenced by the "What girl?" Force choke line.)

Seuhae
Officer

Good point.  Forgot about him asking "what girl".  Gotta assume it had some significant meaning to him.

Awarded:

Yes, his constant obsession over her shows he knows her and that he's scared of her.  I believe that Rey is Skywalker's daughter, and 1 of two people who are able to combat Ben's power.  The other being Luke.  When Luke goes into hiding, Ben wants him found so he can kill him as he is believed to be weak.  When he hears of a "girl" with the map of Luke Skywalker, I think he can sense through the Force who it is or knows from some prophecy.  It's VERY apparent though that he knows who "the girl" is.

Awarded:

Frost290 wrote:

This was also my first thought when I heard about the gravestone.... except for one thing.

It would be a poor choice for LucasFilm and I think they are too smart to make this mistake.  Ren's character in Ep7 is seen as weak, teetering on the fence of the Light and the Dark.  We are to think that his emotional murder of his father was the moment he fully commits to the Dark Side.  If he already killed Mara... that moment loses some gravitas.

However, Mara being killed (perhaps by Snoke?) is what I still think.

I love the idea that Ren may have left Rey on Jakku... but aren't Ren and Rey roughly the same age?  I wouldn't get that one.  

Awarded:

Adam Driver is nine years Daisy Ridley's senior. Further, the Visual Dictionary refers to Rey as a nineteen years old and Pablo Hidalgo, hea of the Lucasfilm Story group has said (well, tweeted) that Kylo is "29-30."

So there's that.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

So strange, I was so off on that lol Adam Driverl/Kylo Ren looks so young to me. Well that is a possibility then, and it fits the EU strand even more since Luke didn't have a child til quite a few years after Han and Leia if I recall correctly.

I'm reading the novel now and it refers to Rey as being almost 20.  Doesn't give an exact age.

Narr-Hann
Member - 1 Year

I read somewhere the Huge Weaving was in the running for the part of General Hux. Man that would have been epic.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: