View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion - SPOILERS INSIDE

I would assume that since the planet is one giant space station, that it's rotation was controlled. 

Yes Finn is Force Sensitive. There's no other explanation as to his capabilities with the saber against Kylo, or anyone else. The blade has no weight, so nobody but a Jedi with Force senses can wield it without severely injuring or killing them self.

This movie had some CGI. But compared to when Ep I, II, and II, it is considerably better. That's only because it has improved greatly thanks to the prequels. 

This movie is definitely not to be seen by folks that haven't seen the first six (yes all six. they are there so deal with it).

I too noticed the SCORPIO (or similar) droid in the cantina.

Psst. Ice. It's a movie. Relax.

On your point of the Force Persuasion: She had heard legend of all the Jedi did and all the legends of the Force and what it can do. Another possibility: after noting Kylo's use of the Force to mess with her mind and then having fought back the same way, she most likely thought "hey, maybe I can convince this grunt to do what I want".

On another note:HAN SOLO IS DEAD!!

It's hilarious to see how many are in denial about it. The repercussions of it are going to be tremendous and hilarious. Lots of whiny fans, lots of dumb whiny fans.

Since Raptr was installed.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Good call Blast, I deep down think Finn has some Force sensitivity but I am kind of interested in the idea that he doesn't.  He probably has a few medichlorians, but not enough to ever become a full Jedi (?).

So many more things I want to say:

-Anyone else as curious about Threepio's red arm as I am?  Is there a story to it that we'll learn, or is it just a cinematic choice to show the nature of the Resistance/New Republic?  Also, did his skin-plating seem more plastic-y and less shiny to anyone else?  Again, seems to be a story there.

-I was a little let down that the Cantina music wasn't more exciting... I guess I wanted a "Cool Cantina theme" reboot lol.  

-I do agree Captain Phasma needs to be more of a bad ass.

-On my first watching, it seemed like Luke/Anakin's blue saber looked weird, like the blade looked all "fiery" instead of solid.  I'll have to watch again.

-What did people think of Ben's saber and cross guard?  I loved it, I loved that it was utilized, and I hope there's some explanation in-movie or outside of it on why he built it that way and how.

-I am so curious as to the extent of Finn's injuries at the end.  It looked to me like Ben (yes, I keep calling him Ben even though he is not Ben, he is most assuredly now Kylo Ren after killing Han, but I just feel so confident there is good in him and I want to call him Ben so that he knows there is good in him XD   )  sliced up Finn's back really good.  How is he alive?  Should he be paralyzed?  That slice looked gnarly.

Finn has plot armor, he'll be fine. At worst he will have to wear some sweet looking armor on his chest. Same for Kylo.

I'm also gonna go ahead and say that Finn has zero force sensitivity beyond that which all living beings have by default. If he even had a little bit of melee weapons training, he could have held his own for a few seconds against Kylo with a nasty wound from Chewie's bowcaster (and as we saw in several scenes, Chewie bowcaster is significanly more powerful than your average blaster rifle).

Also, WTB Iziz cantina music in a new SW movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeF7WTlnZnU

Also, that was pretty trolly letting everyone think Snoke was this monstrosity, when he was actually just a "perfect" hologram projection. Also what kind of a name is Snoke for a big evil emperor style bad guy? Disapprove.

Kimikryo

I just saw the movie, felt a lot like a iv reboot, but that is not a bad thing.

I read some of the pre didney EU. I was quite quickly sure about kylos ancestry.

I am very confused about Rey though. Kylo seems to know her. The flashback shows that in a way, if she would be his sister, Leia certainly would have reacted to it. Unless luke did a mindswipe on her before chosing exile. I think in the EU Leia holds a slight grudge against luke for something alike that. If she would be Lukes daughter Leia should know her too. I still don't rule out the sibling part. 

Something that hat confuses about finn. How can a clone that has been brainwashed since before production suddenly feel that different, unless of course he somehow was (in imp terms fir that) "tainted" by the force, thus showing empathy. Also, if one skin tone does NOT come to mind for a cloned, imperial storm trooper... It's Finns. We know how the original clones looked, thanks to jango fett. That probably sounds super awkward, but I really don't mean it bad in any way. 

I liked the movie, but, JJ abrams sure has balls to kill off han like that. I do try to believe that some wicked sith trick catched him to be used and maybe saved somewhere between viii and ix

Iceroid
Veteran

Stormtroopers have never been clones, only Clone Troopers. After the Clone Wars, attrition of soldiers was replaced with normal humans because they were much cheaper than clones. Also, Finn specifically mentions that he was taken from "a family I'll never know" at a young age to be conscripted as a stormtrooper.

Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Iceroid wrote:

I'm also gonna go ahead and say that Finn has zero force sensitivity beyond that which all living beings have by default. If he even had a little bit of melee weapons training, he could have held his own for a few seconds against Kylo

Nope. Not possible. The saber cannot be wielded by someone not force sensitive. The blade has no weight. So it cannot compare to saber training.

Melee training =/= lightsaber training. Not even close.

There's also no other explanation for his ability to hold his own against one trained to wield a saber, instantly pick up the saber and deflect blaster bolts (which is also only possible by having the Force), and it also explains his ability to resist the brainwashing and conditioning done to the "recruits".

I too am curious about the red arm.

And I thought the new cross-guard saber is cool. As I did when it was first shown. Take that nay-sayers and purists!

Iceroid
Veteran

There is no JJCanon reference to lightsabers being unusable by non-force sensitives. Also, at what point did he deflect blaster bolts?

Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

It's Disney, so I cannot believe that they would make lightsabers unwieldable (is that a word) by non-Jedi.

That was my clue on how he's probably Force-sensitive, but I just don't believe it.  

OMG, HE ISN'T A CLONE, JEEEZZ.  He even states how he was taken from hi family and trained as a soldier, that's it.  At the start of the Galactic Civil War though, Stormtroopers were still clone, but not Kamino (They rebelled).  There were new templates on Sparti 5 for example and other small colonies.  They were poor models and like Iceroid said, were scrapped and new troopers were recruits.  - Han Solo tried enlisting but was rejected.

If Finn was really Force sensitive, then why didn't Ben (I'm saying Ben since Vader was all evil but Anakin prevailed in the end) recognize Finn in the beginning.  I'm going with the statement that he's some sort of epic super-soldier that can Adapt to almost anything.  Disney does have Finn wielding a lightsaber in like EVERY poster, but I think that was to screw us up and there to be a surprise.  I guess we'll see in the next movie, but I think the title, "The Force Awakens" explains it that the Force Awakens in the Solo family, descended from the Skywalkers.

Also, so glad Ice brought up Snoke.  Who the hell is this guy??  Yes, he's normal sized, but on Starkiller Base, I guess there's a huge holo-projector.  So yeah, Snoke's a Disney name.  Not original and uncreative.  Anyways, he seems very Volemort-esque.  He's pretty screwed up in the face (see image below) and he's got these huge scars on his head and around his mouth.  The Resistance knows about him though, so has he been on the field of battle personally?  How old is he?  

This was an early model for him.  The scars and battle damage reflect that seen in the movie.  TBH, with a mysterious Code-name as Snoke, I don't believe he's a new character.  I just don't.  The only thing I can think of, but I really believe, is that Snoke is Darth Plagueis.  Perhaps not the original, maybe a clone (like EU Palpatine) OR Plagueis figured out a way to come back to the living. (let's face it, the guy knew how to save people from death...  "but not himself.")  Taken for Wookieepedia, "he could influence midi-chlorians to create life."  Could he have created a new "him" (same mindset at least" through the Force after feeling Palpatine's death??

Pretty far-fetched theories by me above, but food for thought.

One of the funniest parts of the movie was when Finn says he worked in sanitation and Han asks how he would know anything about how to destroy the weapon and Finn says, "Oh we'll just use the force" and Han grabs him and says, "that's not how the force works". Lololololololol

Ben DOES recognize him though. He looked at him at the vilage, and knew exactly Finns number. Why should a SIth  care about such minor things like a Trooper

ok, right, not  a clone, still, he doesn't fit entirely into the old picture of the imps. Nor the female higher ups in imp side. 

Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Iceroid wrote:

There is no JJCanon reference to lightsabers being unusable by non-force sensitives. Also, at what point did he deflect blaster bolts?

JJCannon is Lucas Cannon. "It would be wrong of me to change what Lucas has done. I will not change any of it." - Abrams

Disney won't do that either. It would be wrong of them and the backlash would be unbelievably bad for them. It would destroy the uniqueness of the Jedi and the weapon. It would destroy a lot of the lore. It would be no fun.

When the Troopers were attacking the planet where Rey found the lightsaber, she refused it, but Finn took it and used it against some of the storm troopers. He deflected several bolts. The movie was awesome, so I can see how you'd miss some stuff.

The whole thing about the new storm troopers for the Galactic Empire being clones is E.U. The storm troopers were recruits. The new ones are "recruits" that were taken as a small child and conditioned to serve unquestioningly. But, there was mention of a clone army. It was one time and brief if you weren't paying attention.

And I love Kayllek's idea of Snoke being Plageus. That's an interesting theory. If he managed to escape death himself, caused a new lifeform to be made by the midichlorians, then took over that life form, it makes some sense.

For now it's all just speculation, and as such we need not get worked up over things. It's just a movie. I should really just relax.

Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Frost290 wrote:

One of the funniest parts of the movie was when Finn says he worked in sanitation and Han asks how he would know anything about how to destroy the weapon and Finn says, "Oh we'll just use the force" and Han grabs him and says, "that's not how the force works". Lololololololol

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. That was just awesome.

Iceroid
Veteran

Blast Hardcheese wrote:
Iceroid wrote:

JJCannon is Lucas Cannon. "It would be wrong of me to change what Lucas has done. I will not change any of it." - Abrams

JJCanon being the removal of everything that didn't occur in a movie or TV show. You know, this thing?

Tastierkakes
Tastierkakes
Officer

For all of you people who are so certain that lightsabers can't be wielded by non-force users, what about Han Solo wielding a lightsaber to cut open the tauntaun in Empire Strikes Back?  Unless you want to argue "well that proves Han Solo is a force user", which would be silly because Solo's character is introduced in Star Wars as a canonical example of someone who has no need/use for the force. At that point, the argument becomes semantic since you would be suggesting that everyone in the galaxy has enough force power to wield a lightsaber, so why make a force user vs. non-force user distinction?  

Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

That isn't Lucas Cannon. "While Lucasfilm always strived to keep the stories created for the EU consistent with our film and television content as well as internally consistent, Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU."  Lucas Cannon is movie and Clone Wars cannon. JJ cannon is the same as Lucas cannon. G cannon and E.U. cannon have always been separate. Lucas has made it clear that only Force Sensitives can wield a Lightsaber so well. It's one of the reasons he changed Star Wars to only have Jedi and Sith use lightsabers rather than his original idea of them being a common weapon.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: