View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: EPISODE 7 less than 2 weeks away!!!

Come on guys let's get FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have we heard at all why they aren't promoting this more as "Episode 7"?  Are they just looking to distance themselves from the other movies, or is there a legal aspect to it?  Maybe they want to look like a reboot kind of feel?

I say it goes back to the original idea.  The original trilogy was promoted by name and not episode.  Even the prequels were mostly the same as I recall.

I'm pumped, I'd been telling my wife that we needed to call the baby sitter so we could go to this, and she kept forgetting.... Except it turns out she wasn't and had set up a massive date night the night it is released as an early Christmas present.  Unfortunately I forced her hand and revealed her elaborate plans after our work Christmas party when I said I was going to talk to the babysitter myself and find out when she was available so I could start setting it up.  Oh well, surely she didn't think I was going to leave it until then to make sure I had plans, I had already delayed longer than I thought was humanly possible!

Lohgan
Kod1ak
Member - 4 Years

I think it's us fans that call them by Episode. I think even when the prequels came out it was more The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. I don't think there's any real reason behind it. I mean the only reference is in the crawl.

I know I can't wait for the movies. I have been working on a feature story at work that airs the night of the release on the CBS station here in Tampa. I just finished the final edit on it.

I also have tickets to a showing Thursday night with a bunch of friends and the whole 501st Legion has a private theater rented out Saturday morning. We are doing that and then going to All Children's Hospital to visit the kids that are stuck there and can't see the movie. This is one of my favorite troops. It should be an epic few days.

Awarded:

Feature story, awesome Logan!

I'm convinced that they were advertised by Episode in the prequels in Trailers and other marketing.  I'm like 99% sure.  I'll have to go do some research on that.  

Awarded:

Got tickets to an AMC Palace on the midnight of the 18th. Won't be midnight but sure gonna see it in red leather seats.

Lohgan
Kod1ak
Member - 4 Years

I will be getting my Jedi outfit prepped this weekend. I have to make a few repairs. 

This is how I will be dressed:

Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I got a ticket for 8pm on the 17th in 3D.  Flying solo because I don't know if the kid can handle it.  We were having trouble getting through ESB the other night at home.  She's enthusiastic but I think she just feeds off of my excitement rather than her own.  I'll take the saber, not sure about full Jedi garb yet.

Iceroid
Veteran

I have tickets the afternoon of the 19th in huge comfy leather recliners and 3d.

Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

I have tickets for a Costume release at Midnight on release day in Austin.  It will also be 3D and comfy chairs, but with lightsabers

Awarded:

I got tickets for Monday, 21st at Jordan's IMAX.  Fun stuff, big theater, big comfy chairs.

I swear, if anyone spoils ANYTHING...   We're gonna have an issue.

Shawn, I think we should establish something about Episode VII spoilers, IMO

The hardest part is going to be in General chat in the fleet. I am avoiding pretty much being online for the most part until I see the movie. As soon as I log in...I will turn off my in game chat other than guild. Last thing I want to do is have it spoiled.

Awarded:

We already have something established don't we?  

Article 8 : RESPECT 

Another highly valued characteristic within Pax Republica. Respect in how we interact with one another is crucial to the longevity and success of this community. As we spend hours together every day in game and in Teamspeak, on these forums and in Skype, it is necessary that we show one another courtesy and respect otherwise problems will arise. Treat others in the fashion you would wish to be treated. All members are expected to show the utmost respect to all players they encounter in The Old Republic, despite their Guild or their Faction. Lastly, you are expected to respect the members and administration of this community by reserving any disagreements or emotionally charged concerns for Private Messages with them. Publicly attacking any member of this community in any fashion is cause for a strike or instant removal. 

Article 9 : MATURITY 

This is the single most important value we expect from our members. A mature individual will have no problems controlling their actions, taking responsibility for mistakes, treating others with respect, being humble, and remaining loyal and dedicated to this community and its members. Make sure you think twice before speaking, and re-read any post before you submit it should you feel it may be out of character or an emotionally charged response. Age does not define maturity, only the individual themselves can do that. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That said... sure I mean, I would think our guild is smart enough to not say ANYTHING about the movie except in a closed forum that will say "SPOILERS" in the subject thread.

Awarded:

Shoot I forgot about General chat...

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

GREAT POINT:  I highly recommend for the next few weeks, you create a custom chat tab that turns off General and Allies chats.

It is a good tip I think in general to have an "all on" tab, a Combat tab, a Raid tab (just raid info, and maybe guild, no other distractions), and a "social" tab (just guild, group, whatever).  That's what I do.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: