View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iolo'pax
Officer

re: Pre-KOTFE To-do List?

Anyone start a thread like this yet, my search is acting weird.

If not This is what is on my list so far. Please add/comment.

NiM EV and KP achievements - Nim going away .. get it or lose it.

NiM Explosive Conflicts - gonna get much harder with level scaling.

Makeb Staged Heroic Achievements - Staged being reworked to regular heroics… get it or lose it.

Datacrons being applied to Legacy - Is this important to do pre-KoTFE? Will they be attainable after?

Galactic Hero Title - Will this title still be available? Much easier to get now than Later.

Seeker Droid/Macrobinocular quest-line - Will this still be around post Kotfe?

Planetary achievements - World bosses Level scaling would make them hard again.

Companion/story Quests including SoR- once Kotfe start you cannot complete them.

Get HK and Treek Companions for alts. Will you be missing option story twists if your toon doesn't have them?

Get Maximum Elite and Ultimate comms - New gear hits with higher levels.

What else am I missing? This can be Achievements that will no longer be available going forward, a special title/mount/gear disappearing(or getting really hard to get)due to Ops changes, etc etc. What are you being sure to complete?

I think datacrons will still be available after 4.0

I just need an EV SM to get the Aratech Fire mount.  This will be quick and easy now, but scaling will make it more difficult after KotFE.

Datacrons will still be around, so not worried about them

Which one is the Galactic Hero title?

Mostly just need to stock up comms, ultimate, elite and warzone.  All of my republic toons are capped basic comms and I will likely only gear my Gunslinger past that especially initially.  Plus creds for the new augments which I will likely need before I can make them (like having augments).  

Ranked season ends with KotFE.  I need a couple group matches to get official rating (it will be low).  Maybe we can hit that this weekend for those who want/need.

Awarded:

Heroics & Galactic Hero title will not go away.  It will just be harder to acquire since Heroics will now require a group no matter your level due to level sync.

Datacrons will be around, just easier to get them now since they will be Legacy.  

I still need 8 man NiM EV & KP, perhaps we can schedule it this Sunday?

Stock up on WZ comms for those interested in PvPing. Get at least 5k on each toon to get the WZ level gear, I'd say 10-15k to get WZ level + ranked level when you ding 65.

Iolo'pax
Officer

I was talking with Naar last night, and in regards to the Heroics/Datacrons he mentioned in one of the twitch streams they demo'd a Level 60 doing a scaled down heroic 2 on Dromund Kaas and it was still able to be solo'd. Additionally I also that the Heroic 4 missions will be scaled down so that they can be done by two people. I had the heroics and the datacrons on my list of things to do as I was worried about the level sync making them way more time consuming since trash mobs would suddenly be at level. I think that is not going to be a big issue anymore. Naar also pointed out that since XP and gear will be awarded for current level, and there will be the Heroic mission terminal on each planet, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to do the scaled down Heroic 4 missions.

So provided the Titles are still achievable I can drop the Datacrons and Completing all heroic missions from the list as those can be done at any time.

We also talked about the crafting changes and it might be worth while to harvest/RE components for MK8 kits prior to 4.0. The GTN was of course already sacked the moment that news came out, but running Level 50 areas should provide what would be needed.

I still need both 8 and 16 man NiM EV and 16 man NiM KP. Additionally I would like to knock out EC with all the world bosses too (though I think I might have missed the boat on that).

Awarded:

Don't forget the Makeb Staged Weekly, that's going away too, and rewards if you have them all done too.  Though at this point if you don't have them you'll need alts to get them.

Also I just remembered the Voss weeklies for Rep.  All those are Heroic quests.  Will be more difficult to do once the level synching hits.  Get it now while you easily can.

VoidOfOne

As of today, 10/7, there have been some significant changes made.

One, crafting. They've made many big changes; here's some of the more notable ones:

-Crew skill cap remains at 500.

-No need to pay a trainer to advance level cap.

-All items are now blue.

-Crafting times reduced for most cases.

-Augments REDUCED to 8 tiers: MK9 and MK10 Kits will turn into MK8.

-Armorings no longer in Cybertechs.

-Resistive Armorings (Endurance) exclusive to Armormech.

-Versatile Armorings (Mastery) exclusive to Synthweaving.

-Enhancements exclusive to Cybertechs; completely removed from Artifice.

-No more resuable consumables: Biochem stims and Cybertech grenades.

-Droid Armor is removed completely.

-All levels of crafting will have only one component instead of two, like for 51-55 tier and 56-60 tier.

-You will be able to craft gear equivalent to Story and Hard Mode Operations. They have to be reversed engineered.

There are more details for crafting, but I figured I mention my highlights.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I would set our goal to kill HM Revanite Commanders (4th boss ToS) before 4.0, since it should be doable for us if we were to have our A-team go for it and set our sights on it.  That may require us to put the set-teams on hold for a week since our A-team is a mix of the two teams.  Looking at you Tasty, Eosque (I know is on LOA), Skip, and Obi (though you have been subbing a lot)

Jump to: