Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

re: PvE Scoundrel Guides (ALL SPECS!!)

As of 2.5

Dulfy recently added GREAT guides for all specs of the Scoundrel class. Read them thoroughly to fully understand how great a scoundrel is to a raid team.  All the hub-bub surrounding Gunslinger and Sentinel cause the scoundrel to be very under-rated, and subsequently, under-utilized.  Just make sure you optimize your gear!

Dirty Fighting (Best Raid DPS) & Scrapper (Best Burst)

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/05/swtor-dirty-fighting-and-scrapper-scoundrel-dps-class-guide/

Has recommended stats/gearing, recommended rotations, explanations of skills, etc.

Sawbones (Healing)

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/04/swtor-sawbones-scoundrel-healer-class-guide/

Has recommended stats/gearing, recommended rotations, explanations of skills, etc.

Awarded:

THANKS DULFY...  now i have to get rid of my set bonus's for dps..  gah

it means...that i have to get 2 new pve set bonus (because i only have healing)

and i have to get 2 pvp ones..

oh well.  at least it helps

Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Her guildies confirm that crit is nearly useless, that a general good amount is about 120-140 across the board.  The one spec that requires none is the Scrapper.

The problem with crit itself in 2.0 is the diminishing return is brutal.

Awarded:

i put a crit mod in my bracer to get a little bit above 120 crit rating

i only had 88 crit rating before

i just need to get pvp set bonus and the pve dps one..

meh. I'm kind of wary of dulfty guides lately. I will have to ponder about this, but especially for healing I can always only say these things:

you can have the most min-maxed gear, you can pull the highest numbers...

means jack sh*t if you don't know whom to heal, when to trigger a heal, when the cleanse is worth it and when not, how to quickly regain energy, when you should use your cool downs for a burn phase and when that isn't needed.

what's really helpful is the mentioning of the defensive cooldowns, since this is essentially going in the direction if what I said we needed to do for our progression team, anyway (make a list of purges/cleanses, defensive cooldowns in general... stuff like that that dps especially aren't used to actually using right now)

I personally am not a huge fan of using Kolto Pack so it's way lower in my priority list than it is in this guide. I simply like popping people up with slow release medpac and use Kolto Pack when I know for example a tank is about to take a huge hit or for example when someone at TC has the purple crap on them.

all of these little things are more of a personal preference, though, and I have to admit I am a bit stubborn on this. I've never completely healed as suggested on my scoundrel, I've never went completely with the 'best in slot' gear and stat priority, and rather did my own thing. I love to think this hasn't caused too many avoidable deaths.

somethign else I also put more priority on is blaster whip, and even if it may seem that way, I don't do it .just. for the funny animation. it gives you an extra upper hand, which means more actually useful heals. this can become essential especially when someone's just starting out on scoundrel and has trouble with energy management.

granted for people just starting to heal, this guide is pretty easily understandable in general, and the most important part is in the first line. you essentially heal with slow release and emergency medpac ;D

can't say much about the dps since I haven't tried dps for scoundrel in a year and there's going to be changes in 2.6 anyway :D

ps: I will never sacrifice my two points into more dirty kick!

Last edited by Satiata on January 6, 2014 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

im not using the healing guide either but the dps one works for me.

and i do agree with the stat thing for heals and dps.

Last edited by Waars on January 6, 2014 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

cool. maybe I will eventually dip into dps again and use it then Happy

if waars is ok with it then it must be not too bad. hehe.

I always sort-of want to actually try scoundrel dps but i'm too much of a chicken. lol -.-

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

just get the stats correct and you should do fine.  like get the cunning augments for your whole gear and it will help healing and dps.  and should help a ton if you do

Awarded:

im still using my 4 healing abilities.  5 actually being the cleanse. but that's it.  it works super well keeping people alive.  spam heal machine

Really nice guides! Although I am also a huge fan of 2 points into dirty kick. Happy The most useful ability.

And sure, they don't take into account making good decisions in different scenarios, but they have numbers to show how they do using their rotations (which is nice). I guess I need to get new gear myself if I want to dps for real... and I still don't have any set bonus gear... someday Happy

I actually agree with much in the healing guide. Kolto pack used to suck, but since it now does a HoT, it can be good when you want to put everything you got on someone. I also agree with the off-dps stuff too. Although I hate the cone attack. Maybe I should start trying to use it again.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum