Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zasthar-Dan

re: Intro: Zusmallon

Hey all,

I am a new recruit looking to join Pax. I am a Vanguard tank. 

I started this toon when my old guild fell short of tanks, and this was probably my most difficult toon to level for some reason. I enjoy tanking on this guy a lot but have never really tried dps. I find tanking fun because it's not based on numbers like say dps. You do a good job when everyone gets through the fight. It's more about supporting the raid. 

I find PVP on Vanguard to be meh. I can usually get plenty of medals but I never feel like I'm really contributing to fights. I end up throwing out a lot of taunts and boom 8 medals, but I'm not sure if I'm really helping my team to win like on other toons. 

My favorite memory in this game as a tank was the first time killing TFB in HM. It was my first first boss kill as a tank. Since then I've been pretty hooked with leading raids with this guy.

One thing I wish Vanguards had was instead of two dps specs, instead more of a "Ranged" tanking spec. This spec would have you focus on some of your more ranged abilities so you could tank a boss from say 20m away. It would just be an interested twist, and make them even more unique compared to other tanks.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Intro: Zusmallon

Awesome intro, nice to meet you!  Would love to learn a little more about you as well, like what you do for work, what you do for fun outside of gaming, etc!

I used to think tanking in pvp was "meh" too... but maybe I can teach you how to enjoy it as much as me!  The key is finding out how to realllly support you team in objective-style combat by tanking, keeping people alive just as much as healers, and CC

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum