View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Miraluka Soran

re: Good immersive offline games?

Anyone have any good offline PC games that they play? Preferably free to download or with an available trial version so I can test before buying.
Looking mostly for RPG but am open to all suggestions, just need something to play on the road without having to hotspot my phone on roaming charges.
Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

I don't have anything Free, though there might be a demo. But what kind of RPG are you looking for?
Lord Marvel

TES: Arena and TES: Daggerfall Happy games old as hell, both are in pixels so big it hurts eyes now, but they are still great games :D
Crox Rava

Dragon Age: Origins should be pretty cheap nowadays. No demo but I stand by it.
Vaneron

There are lots of badass games on steam for cheap, just go to store and look through the RPGs and find some with good ratings. The best are Dragon Age Series, Mass Effect series, The Witcher series. Theres also a game by telltale called The Walking Dead that is AWESOME

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

if you have a smartphone, or even if you're using a laptop, I recommend a GameBoy Advance emulator, then the Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Firered ROMs, as well as perhaps any other SNES/NES/Genesis Emulators and games you're interested in.
Miraluka Soran

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Swish, I mostly prefer Fantasy themed

I have Dragon Age for xbox and it is great though I am kind of looking for something a little more lighthearted, loving all the suggestions though and I hadn't heard of the Witcher series so I'm going to look that one up.

The emulators are great and I used to have all the 'Tiger' EMUs before I rommed my phone and kind of forgot all about them. Going to grab a pokemon rom right away for the android gaming.
Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

The Witcher is one of the best game series of all time. But definitely not light-hearted.

Also the second one is very, very painful to run on computers.

But still one of the best games ever. In my opinion.

As for Fantasy RPG's... If you haven't played Bastion, while not really an RPG it's a great game. Not very long though.
Crox Rava

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
if you have a smartphone, or even if you're using a laptop, I recommend a GameBoy Advance emulator, then the Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Firered ROMs, as well as perhaps any other SNES/NES/Genesis Emulators and games you're interested in.

Oh yeah! I was playing LeafGreen and Emerald on my phone for a good long time.

Photobucket
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Also, an obvious mention here would be Mass Effect trilogy, I'm sure you can find the first one for really cheap, and the 2nd one for very cheap, 3rd one probably fairly cheap
Crox Rava

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Also, an obvious mention here would be Mass Effect trilogy, I'm sure you can find the first one for really cheap, and the 2nd one for very cheap, 3rd one probably fairly cheap

Mass Effect 1 and 2 regularly go on crazygonuts sale on Steam. You can pick them both up for under $8 if you just keep an eye out.

Photobucket
AstralProjection

Lord Marvel wrote:
TES: Arena and TES: Daggerfall Happy games old as hell, both are in pixels so big it hurts eyes now, but they are still great games :D

Marv speaks the truth...Daggerfall was as epic as all the other elder scrolls games, I still like it more than Morrowind and others...the games kept shrinking as the graphics improved.

I would throw in X-Com Enemy Unknown for 360. Or the original MS-DOS game by Micro Prose, X-Com UFO Defense. Hours and hours of awesome strategic gameplay await you. Wish I had time to play them still, but they've claimed enough of my life already...especially the latter.

I would second most of the suggestions here. X-Com is lots of fun. All the Elder Scrolls are good, especially if you like to mod your games - same with Dragon Age. Though there are less mods for DA2 than DAO. Also, Mass Effect series is great and even though it doesn't have as many options for characters and what not, Jade Empire is also a really fun game. I think it is on steam as well.

If you haven't played the Mass Effect series you need to. In my opinion it's the best thing to ever happen to the gaming industry. It's also a defining part of my life.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
supermandrew

re: I second this

SwishiestBog wrote:
The Witcher is one of the best game series of all time. But definitely not light-hearted.

Also the second one is very, very painful to run on computers.

But still one of the best games ever. In my opinion.

As for Fantasy RPG's... If you haven't played Bastion, while not really an RPG it's a great game. Not very long though.

I will second this post. I just Finished part 1 and am currently through chapter 3 of part 2. Beautiful game.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: