View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dordrac
Member - 1 Year

Awarded:

re: New Star Wars Battlefront!

EA just announced they're making a new Star Wars Battlefront! It's being made by Dice (same company who made BF3). They didn't seem to say a whole lot about it yet, other than it will be running on the Frostbite 3 engine, and part of the game will probably take place on Hoth.

I'm really excited about this, as I played that game quite a bit with my brothers and friends when I was younger!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-ea-announces-star-wars-battlefront
Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Battlefront FTW!

I hope it's really really good. I've got a mod called Battlefront Extreme for Battlefront2, and it's super awesome. BF3 is going to have to really top that in order for me to play it.

But from what I saw... my only reaction is

Forum Image

Since Raptr was installed.
Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

RebuiltHK47 wrote:
Battlefront FTW!

I hope it's really really good. I've got a mod called Battlefront Extreme for Battlefront2, and it's super awesome. BF3 is going to have to really top that in order for me to play it.

But from what I saw... my only reaction is

Forum Image

I'm really excited about this!! I've been stuck with BF2 for too many years, but I still play it every week or so with my brother. I hope to see more previews in the future

Also, Blast, do you have the Conversion Pack? It changes a lot of the class skins, and adds the old BFI maps and a few extra ones....pretty sweet!

No. I have the Unofficial Patch 1.3 (I think 1.3 is the latest. I forget.) that enhances the skins of all the vehicles and units, and does some other things like allow Campaign mission selection (or maybe that last one is BFX).

I take it you have BFX Kayllek?
Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

RebuiltHK47 wrote:
No. I have the Unofficial Patch 1.3 (I think 1.3 is the latest. I forget.) that enhances the skins of all the vehicles and units, and does some other things like allow Campaign mission selection (or maybe that last one is BFX).

I take it you have BFX Kayllek?

No, I don't have Extreme...I've actually modded the game so much that it won't take any more "Game Modes" like Conquest. I have the Conversion Pack 2.2 which also adds the Campaign Mode to the proper maps. I also overloaded on custom maps from Filefront: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/files/Star_Wars_Battlefront/Maps;6083

There are some pretty decent maps in there. You should check some out!

AND, if you want to try to construct your own maps, I've got the software ZeroEditor for that Happy Just takes a lot of patience, and the desire to learn.

Awarded:

I screamed like a little girl over this. FINALLY :D
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I'm pretty excited Happy
Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Kayllek Veran wrote:
No, I don't have Extreme...I've actually modded the game so much that it won't take any more "Game Modes" like Conquest. I have the Conversion Pack 2.2 which also adds the Campaign Mode to the proper maps. I also overloaded on custom maps from Filefront: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/files/Star_Wars_Battlefront/Maps;6083

There are some pretty decent maps in there. You should check some out!

AND, if you want to try to construct your own maps, I've got the software ZeroEditor for that Happy Just takes a lot of patience, and the desire to learn.

Most maps conflict with BFX. I highly recommend BFX though. More units on every map (including the Jedi/Sith and the space ships) AND new weapons on each unit. I mean, how cool is it to dual wield pistols as an ARC Commander? Or play as Commander Cody and fly around with his jetpack? Or play as a Clone Assassin? Or drive AT-TEs on Hoth as the Galactic Marines? What about 3 pilots in the ARC-170 instead of just the one? Flying the V-19 Torrent Starfighter? Even the B-Wing and TIE Defender!

It really really really makes the old maps more fun. More Jedi Assaults. More CTF. The Conversion pack or Unofficial patch are required for BFX to work.

You also are able to have 1,500 total maximum reinforcements on each side if you turn the meter all the way up. On some maps it's over 2,000

And I don't do any modding anymore. To be honest, the last thing I did any modding for was Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, if you don't count the VO splicing I did for KotOR2 TSLRCM.

Since Raptr was installed.
Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

I would laugh if i could fly a star destroyer. i'd totally be spinning that baby into tiny fighters. something like the pirates of the carribean move where the ship turned so fast

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: