View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Clemalum07

re: Looking for a new mouse....

I currently use and love the G500 on my Home PC, but right now at work I am using a piece of shit $10 mouse from Walmart that is starting to kill my wrist.

The 4 Mice I am looking at are the:

Razer Death Adder
SteelSeries Sensei
Logitech G500
Logitech G9X

Anyone have any recommendations?

Satiata
Member - 5 Years

I switched from using a g500 (laptop) and a g700 (desktop) to a g600.
I may or may not be a logitech fangirl ;)

either way, if you'd be up for squeezing out a tiiiny bit more money
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Mouse-White-910-002871/dp/B0086UK7I6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363801702&sr=8-3&keywords=g600

I personally don't have any issues with the extra g tab key at all so don't know what these people are ranting about. in fact I love it. it's super practical (I use it as a modifier)

so my suggestion would be: get a g600 for at home and use the g500 at your workplace :D

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Muldoono

Hi Everyone...

I am looking for a new mouse as well. I have a Logitech g13 keyboard, which I am slowly coming to love. I didn't level up with it so now some of it is just retraining my left hand. I then use my mouse mostly for moving and clicking on the heal ops frame to select a person. This works pretty good in PVE, but I'm not loving the setup for PVP quite yet. I'm not firm on it yet, but this is my setup today. I travel with it so I use the same mouse / keyboard whether at work or at home.
My mouse however is my current problem. I have a Razer Naga, and I just don't seem to like the buttons. I disliked it so much i switched back to a pretty basic logitech mouse. They just don't feel right on the thumb. So if any additional people have mouse advice I'm curious as to what they recommend and why.

Satiata... Since I am also a healer I'm really curious to hear how you setup your g600. Sounds like you have modifiers set for the g-keys, but not sure which ones and why you chose that location. What options do you have to try and setup 1 click healing (mini macros) on the g-keys? How does it feel to move the mouse and click simultaneously.

Cheers
T

I like the idea of a G600/Naga but I already have a G13 Gamepad so Im not sure how much I need all those buttons.

Satiata wrote:
I switched from using a g500 (laptop) and a g700 (desktop) to a g600.
I may or may not be a logitech fangirl ;)

either way, if you'd be up for squeezing out a tiiiny bit more money
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Mouse-White-910-002871/dp/B0086UK7I6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363801702&sr=8-3&keywords=g600

I personally don't have any issues with the extra g tab key at all so don't know what these people are ranting about. in fact I love it. it's super practical (I use it as a modifier)

so my suggestion would be: get a g600 for at home and use the g500 at your workplace :D

Kiavi Vesira
Veteran

I'd reccomend a DeathAdder.

Ive been using one for years, and it is just so damned comfortable. Its got only two thumb buttons but theyre fabulously placed, and have a nice feel. Its got a nice even weight, and the sensitivity is nice. It's also adjustable. Its just a straightforward, super comfortable quality mouse. And its not too crazy price wise.

mh. alright. well. so about the 'macros'... as I already said before, I don't really use the macros and I personally prefer actually clicking the target frame, so I have no idea how that would affect anything, really. with modifier I basically mean that I use the g-key for what I normally use ctrl.

basically what I do is I use the numpad and ctrl+numpad for my 2nd and 3rd row of skills. (well, it's a lot more complicated than that but we have several topics about that all over the forums)

when you download the g600 software that is actually one of the three standart setups too (the other ones are ctrl+1-0 on the letter part of the keyboard)

and clem, if you already have the keypad I guess you really don't need the extra buttons, but I'm not too familar with that setup, either, so I can't really compare. on a personal note I like my g700 a little better than the g500 but I guess you can't go wrong with either. no clue about the other ones.

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Wooo Logitech party people!

I also use a G600 and find it great. The modifier took some getting used to but now it's second nature and very practical - lots more comfortable than trying to hit ALT for another set of modifiers! I use the changing profiles to do things such as shift which bar the g-shift key modifies when I go from heal spec to DPS for instance. Very handy.

My 'general mouse' is a G500 which I lurve. I've got it at work at the moment, but bring it home for shooters and/or general gaming. My only complaint with the g600 is that it's not nearly as comfortable for general computing (my own taste!). It's great for gaming, but you can't just rest your pinky and ring fingers on the side of the mouse as you've probably gotten used to with a normal mouse. I don't really complain about it anymore but /have/ been known to plug my G500 back in if I'm working from home Happy.

Satiata
Member - 5 Years

oh I do the same. the g600 is definitely a mouse that is specifically designed for MMOs (hell, it even says so on the packageing. lol)

when I just do 'idle' stuff like sheets for TOR (hehe) or a quick letter or something I don't bother, but when I actually work on my Uni stuff I definitely plug in a more 'common usage' mouse. hell, I still have a trackball laying around here somewhere.... o.O

Asuka'Raein - Sage
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Muldoono wrote:
Hi Everyone...

My mouse however is my current problem. I have a Razer Naga, and I just don't seem to like the buttons. I disliked it so much i switched back to a pretty basic logitech mouse. They just don't feel right on the thumb. So if any additional people have mouse advice I'm curious as to what they recommend and why.
T

I've had my naga for about 9 months and am just now fully comfortable with the thumb button placements. I used the included rubber pieces on the "5", "0" and "9" buttons as my place finders. I always hitting "7" instead of "0" I tried to use the two small buttons next to the left click as modifiers but I seem to hit the wrong one frequently so I use it for camera zoom in and out. I'm also a keyboard turner and clicker for my less used skills which I know is less efficient but its my comfort zone now. I'm considering just unbinding my turn right/left keys and force myself to use the mouse as a start an alt.

Clemalum07

Im leaning towards either another G500 or G9X or Death Adder two of my fellow SC2 friends said avoid Steelseries. They have both had to send back their mice from them. They said the customer service was great but sending it back a couple times has been a pain.

With me having a G13 I dont think I need an MMO mousse.

travisccook wrote:
Wooo Logitech party people!

I also use a G600 and find it great. The modifier took some getting used to but now it's second nature and very practical - lots more comfortable than trying to hit ALT for another set of modifiers! I use the changing profiles to do things such as shift which bar the g-shift key modifies when I go from heal spec to DPS for instance. Very handy.

My 'general mouse' is a G500 which I lurve. I've got it at work at the moment, but bring it home for shooters and/or general gaming. My only complaint with the g600 is that it's not nearly as comfortable for general computing (my own taste!). It's great for gaming, but you can't just rest your pinky and ring fingers on the side of the mouse as you've probably gotten used to with a normal mouse. I don't really complain about it anymore but /have/ been known to plug my G500 back in if I'm working from home Happy.

P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Never had a Steel Series mouse but I use their Merc Stealth Keyboard for about a year now and love it. The left side movement and ability keys are laid out beautifully and I can change the backlit keys from blue to red when I play my sith toons. I use purple backlight in operations with Sati because it looks like sparkle powder.

Got off on a tangent but Steel Series keyboard never caused me a problem and their macro and keybind editor is awesome.

Clemalum07

I use either a Deck Legend or CM Storm Mech Keyboard as my keyboard at home.

I have been using the Storm more lately due to preferring the feel of Cherry Browns over Clears. I am probably gong to sell the Deck Keyboard on Ebay.

Satiata
Member - 5 Years

I'm using a steel series mouse pad. can I be part of the in-crowd? hardeeharharhar

Asuka'Raein - Sage
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I thought you are the in-crowd.

Pretz
Pretzz
Member - 4 Years

I Use a g-13 and a Razor Deathadder. I find between the two of them I never seem to have a problem key mapping any skills in an accessible manner. (The Razor software is pretty nice with multiple profiles and macro options.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: