View previous topic :: View next topic  
supermandrew

re: Quad core!!

Just installed my new mobo and i5. Can't wait to get back into the game and see how it performs. I ended up having to completely reinstall windows so I'm in the middle of downloading drivers and whatnot. See you all soon.
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I know when I went from Core 2 Duo to a Core 2 Quad I had a tremendous improvement. I wish I could fit an i3 or i5 on my board.

Frost290
Member - 3 Years

I remember when I changed my mobo and my old CPU was an AMD Athlon X2 and I switched to a 2nd gen I5 2500k last year. I think I came in my pants from the change in game play.

I can't believe the improvement. I can run max settings with shadows and lock in 60 frames. The only issue I am kind of running into is my Gpu is running hotter than I expected. I was hitting 84 Celsius this morning. Took out the 80mm fan I had in the front of the rig and just put a 120mm in. I didn't realize how much the airflow in my machine sucked ass. Ran the game for about 45 minutes with AA forced through CCC and shadows off. Hovering between 65 and 70. I think I'm good now.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

supermandrew wrote:
I can't believe the improvement. I can run max settings with shadows and lock in 60 frames. The only issue I am kind of running into is my Gpu is running hotter than I expected. I was hitting 84 Celsius this morning. Took out the 80mm fan I had in the front of the rig and just put a 120mm in. I didn't realize how much the airflow in my machine sucked ass. Ran the game for about 45 minutes with AA forced through CCC and shadows off. Hovering between 65 and 70. I think I'm good now.

wtf... I have an i7 with 8gb ram and I can't get 60 frames with shadows on, at least not advanced shadows on the fleet. What GFX card do you have? I think that and my PSU really limit me

I have a MSI P8 z77 mobo with the 1155 chip set and 16 gb of RAM . MSI Radeon HD 7770 1gb CARD. Powered by an i5 3750.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

doesn't only like 12gb register on windows 7?

No. It depends on the board you have. Mine will max out at 32 but I won't run anything that takes more than 10 or so. You also need windows 64 bit, of course, to recognize more than 3 and a half. I actually inadvertently ended up with 16. I came across a deal that fell in my lap.
Taenn

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
supermandrew wrote:

wtf... I have an i7 with 8gb ram and I can't get 60 frames with shadows on, at least not advanced shadows on the fleet. What GFX card do you have? I think that and my PSU really limit me

Make sure your CPUs are unparked. I found out the hard way with PLanetside 2 and it made a world of difference.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

wth is unparked

Think of unparking your CPU as taking the governor off a Golf cart. Open that shit up and create some chaos dude!
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I almost ended up with a 7770 GFX card but my stupid 12 year old dell case had the pci port directly under the cpu cooler so I can only put a single slot option in. Ended up with a 6670 which still performs very well if I keep the resolution under 1400x900

Taenn

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
wth is unparked

On AMD CPUs, sometimes the core are not fully utilized and are employed only when the system demands.

But more often than not, the core are simply not activated. There's a software around that you can use and it will tell you if your cores are parked or not. Made a tremendous difference for me.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: