View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

re: LOTRO

sooo... I know quite a few folks here used to play or are even still playing... since I recently felt the urge to install the game again, I'm now of course wondering 'where do I want to play?'

for now I have (highest characters):

a lvl 65 minstrel on Winfola (server's pretty much dead so I am even thinking of transfering this character)

a lvl 36 minstrel on Snowbourn (highest population former European server)

a lvl 25 minstrel on Riddermark (you might begin to see a pattern here :P)

and a lvl 10 (lol) hunter and guardian on Elimdilmir (I used to have a lvl 30something minstrel here too but I deleted that char because I didn't like the name anymore - let's just blame Esteban :P)

I have a few 'baby characters' (read: below lvl 10) on Vanyar and Laurelin, too, but for now I'm thinking about rerolling on

Brandywine

since that's apparently the most populated server - and even during European peak times there's more than enough folks around.

since I'm not planning on playing this game 'hardcore' again I figured a more populated server suits me better. less of a hassle to group with people even if you're not in a kinship (I don't plan on joining one since TOR's gonna stay my main focus ;) )

so.. is anyone here playing on Brandywine or wants to reroll with me? [/u]

(if you play on any of the other servers I have chars on I am still willing to play with you every once in a while, of course :D)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

haha I mean, if it was summertime and I wasn't SO DAMN BUSY, I would totally reroll on Brandywine or Landroval, the RP server. My guardian is 68 on Windfola, near Isengard, on his way to Rohan. But like, RP wise he was always this Knight of Gondor, who was following Boromir, then when he heard Boromir died, he was supposed to just help the free peoples (kind of like what Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas did when they lost the Ring-Bearer). But, I have nooo friends anymore in that game, compared to when I started with Crasic/Spaff and a bunch of others. And since soloing on a guardian is super boring and slow, I think I'm going to RP that Stryker, Knight of Gondor and Guardian of the Free People's of Middle Earth, either dies, or is captured until Gondor is released then he can go back to his free city...

In which case I think I'd have more fun rolling a "Ranger", like a Man Hunter or even an Elf Hunter on Brandywine or Landroval, to just go through the game again with. But again, I probably won't do this until summertime

Awarded:

I've played a little recently, no raiding or anything though. I took a little bit of time to get my champion on Vilya to lvl 85 from 75, but that server is way too small to do much on, honestly. If anything, I'd either make a new champion, or do a character transfer with only that character and none of my other alts. (Probably put most of my valuable stuff on that one character and only transfer him.) Anyway though, I'd probably go to either Brandywine, Landroval, or Elendrimer (however it's spelled). I'm pretty sure Caranal/Tyranny in our guild already has characters over on Elendrimer.
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

well I can assure you guys by the time you feel like playing I probably will be lvl... 10... maybe 20. lol. especially if I feel like playing a minstrel (very likely. hehehehe)

it took me a year to reach end-game originally, after all.

I do have that item that gives you 25% more exp until lvl 65 so it might only take me 8-9 months this time, though. haha

for now I plan on playing either a hunter or a guardian, but I can't not play a healer (and I really just don't like the runekeeper much)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Frost290
Member - 3 Years

Well I have a 60 hunter and 32 (I think) Warden on Gladden. I am not sure about the population there, but I probably do not remember anyone and would be happy to reroll with you. Plus I would be playing F2P, because I probably can not afford to be paying to play both games.

oh I'm definitely going the f2p route for now, even if the travel routes can be a little expensive like that. lol

it's just for 'on the side' anyway, a little change of scenery if you wish - so I don't get burnt out on TOR. my last break has been a while ago, after all. (not that I'm taking a break from TOR but you know what I mean :P)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Haha I hear ya, thankfully I have the Lifetime subscription.

So what server are we deciding on? :P

Awarded:

For the time being, my only goal is to "experience" the game and the story in LOTRO, and continue to play out my "what would I do if I lived in Middle-Earth" story. Ideally I should have been a captain, but I had my Guardian as a "Knight of Gondor" and I liked tanking in raids, so I'm gonna keep playing my 68, now 69 Guardian on Windfola, who's almost to the Gap of Rohan, I'll get to try the mounted combat and I have all my sexy legendary items and stuff.

If a few pax or even if you Sati start playing fairly more often, I'll gladly pay for a character transfer to a more populated server.

Awarded:

I was playing a couple months ago a little, but in the last 2-3 months I haven't really touched the game at all. But if I start playing again, I'll definitely at least transfer my 85 champion off of Vilya to whatever server we decide on.
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

yeah well my 65 minstrel is still parked on windfola, too but definitely quite exhausting to go back to that sorry excuse of an empty server :P

and starting anew was surprisingly not nearly as boring as I thought it would be. I quite enjoyed reading the first bits of the story again. haven't really played lately since there was so much going on in tor and I had to do stuff with my studies, though.

but yeah, for now I'm pretty settled on Brandywine as a server.

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Satiata wrote:
yeah well my 65 minstrel is still parked on windfola, too but definitely quite exhausting to go back to that sorry excuse of an empty server :P

and starting anew was surprisingly not nearly as boring as I thought it would be. I quite enjoyed reading the first bits of the story again. haven't really played lately since there was so much going on in tor and I had to do stuff with my studies, though.

haha I don't blame you, I know windfola probably really is dead, but it doesn't feel dead to me just because I am in the Global LFF channel that the Windfola community created, so people are always talking in that, and I joined a friendly and helpful casual kinship.

But what is your character's name on Brandywine, in case I create a character there or transfer someone over?

Awarded:

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Satiata wrote:

haha I don't blame you, I know windfola probably really is dead, but it doesn't feel dead to me just because I am in the Global LFF channel that the Windfola community created, so people are always talking in that, and I joined a friendly and helpful casual kinship.

But what is your character's name on Brandywine, in case I create a character there or transfer someone over?

Yeah I'd like to know as well if I get back into it after this crazy semester is over. Vilya is about as dead as you are describing and there really aren't any real kinships left on my server. (Not at the level of a real community like Pax anyway.)
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

Junepaik 11 Hobbit Hunter
Kaospilot 2 Hobbit Burglar
Satiata 1 Hobbit Minstrel
Sensefield 1 Hobbit Guardian

those are my chars on Brandywine so far :P

(yes, I like hobbits :P)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Frost290
Member - 3 Years

I have a captain whose name i forgot, but I was leveling with sati.

Awarded:

Cool, well I will be playing this a lot this summer. Character transfers are down right now but I will be transfering my level 69-almost-70 Guardian, level 45 Captain, and level 25ish Hunter to Brandywine, so I'll definitely group with you guys on whatever characters of those you are close to in level Happy (Yes, I realize that will cost me a lot of money, but I have tons of Turbine Points saved up from not playing so long and being a Lifetime subscriber Happy)

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: