View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

re: Tera F2P

Hi all,

Tera is going F2P and you can play it now, ahead of time, and it will keep your character progress when they launch F2P officially. Tera's F2P model is going to be very nice as there is no content restrictions at all! Since I purchased collectors edition of Tera and played at launch, this has peaked my interest once again.

If anyone else is planning on casually playing this, let me know. Some other of my IRL friends started playing this since it's going F2P, so I have played a bit from time to time the past 2 weeks.

Tera is overly cutesy and a little too "girly pretty", IMO. To me, the biggest draw is the combat playstyle and the skill involved in aiming your attacks and chaining related attacks together, creating combos. I LOVE THAT and wish all MMO's had this. I'm also a fan of Age of Conan, which was very similar.

I currently have the following characters on the Mount Tyrannas (PvP) server:

Elin.Degenerate (level 11 Slayer)
Pray.Harder (level 6 Priest)

I have a level 40 Slayer from when I played at launch, and a level 11 warrior as well. both those I forgot the names of, I'll have to get them when I get home.

I'm in the process of finding a class I like, and so far Slayer has been most fun; most likely why I chose it at launch.

Give me a shout if you try this so you don't have to play alone.

I was planning on trying it again once they go F2P as I did do the beta. So much to do on SWTOR though! X_X

Awarded:

Ya, thats my problem too. I want to continue leveling my Jedi Sentinel (having a blast PvPing with it) but haven't been on the past day because I was alt-holicing on Tera.

Also, the combat style of Tera makes SWTORs combat feel boring. SWTOR always wins in comparison because of story, UI, lightsabers, and immersion.

I really need to hate tera more. more. more. lol

apart from that I have two lvl 5 chars. lol. a hunter and a mystic. don't ask me which is which but one's called Guernica and the other's called Quiete... I think :P

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Zanumas

Patching up now I guess. Be a nice distraction every now and then. Don't remember character names, probably recreating anyways.

/soul wrote:
Ya, thats my problem too. I want to continue leveling my Jedi Sentinel (having a blast PvPing with it) but haven't been on the past day because I was alt-holicing on Tera.

Also, the combat style of Tera makes SWTORs combat feel boring. SWTOR always wins in comparison because of story, UI, lightsabers, and immersion.

how's the combat like? Is it like Age of Conan? You control direction of hit and blocks?

Zanumas

_Caranel_ wrote:
/soul wrote:

how's the combat like? Is it like Age of Conan? You control direction of hit and blocks?

From what I remember of Tera you only hit what is actually in the path of your weapons, and it generally hits everything that your weapon slashes as well.

Never played AoC for a comparison though, sorry.

Gotcha. AoC was similar, you hit what is in the path of your weapon or your arrows.
But you also control where you hit: head blow, L o R; body blow L or R; Leg area blow, L or R. And in return you also chose how you focused your blocks in similar fashion. It was quite involved.

_Caranel_

Not that I need another game, I may just try this...
Is there a server choice?

Zanumas

_Caranel_ wrote:
Not that I need another game, I may just try this...
Is there a server choice?

Soul said Mount Tyrannus in the OP so I was just going to roll there.

afaik there's one pvp, pve and rp-pve server. my chars are on the pvp server, that's all I know

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Zanumas

Satiata wrote:
afaik there's one pvp, pve and rp-pve server. my chars are on the pvp server, that's all I know

Yea, Mount Tyrannus is the PvP server.

Well, I'm Zanumas on there now. May recreate my character though, that big hulking guy I made just doesn't make sense for an "evasion tank" now that I think about it.

ooh, I hereby claim that server, since it seems to be named after me...
big grin

Zanumas

_Caranel_ wrote:
ooh, I hereby claim that server, since it seems to be named after me...
big grin

I was going to say that :P

I have a lvl 29 or 30 slayer there. Played for a few months, but never got too into it. Mostly cause no one else I know played it. Now that it's going F2P I should pick it back up again.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: