View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Zanumas

re: Google Chrome Issues

Google Chrome has been causing Windows 7 to completely lock up, mouse and all. Can't do anything. Let it sit this morning, came back to it and the only thing screwed up after letting it sit was Chrome itself, and the lockup only happens when browsing the SWTOR forums in chrome. If I'm not browsing those forums I literally have never locked up.

Anyone else have an issue like this? I googled it and it seems to be a long standing issue with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit from the google forums.

I was gonna say I haven't had that problem, then I saw you were using Ultimate... which is a good reason I haven't. I use Chrome with Win7 64bit Home Premium. So I'm assuming this is just an Ultimate version problem? Very weird.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Exactly what Dieliane said. (I also use 64bit home premium)

Yea, from what I had sped read it was pretty much all people with Ultimate complaining.

Blah... I'd hate to have to use Firefox >_>

I've always had issues with chrome when it's coming down to logging into websites/forums, including swtor, so I never use it for that. I'm one of these oddballs that use different browsers for everything; chrome I really only use for the last.fm player. lol

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

I had Windows 7 Ultimate before upgrading to Windows 8. I never had issues with Google Chrome with Windows 7 Ultimate so I wouldn't know what to say to help fix the issue, never had to diagnose it.

Btw, Windows 8 is, or atleast feels, quicker. But, due to the lame interface, it can be annoying and cause repetitive tasks.

Awarded:

/soul wrote:
I had Windows 7 Ultimate before upgrading to Windows 8. I never had issues with Google Chrome with Windows 7 Ultimate so I wouldn't know what to say to help fix the issue, never had to diagnose it.

Btw, Windows 8 is, or atleast feels, quicker. But, due to the lame interface, it can be annoying and cause repetitive tasks.

It says on the Windows 8 website:

"
The desktop
The desktop that you're used to—with its taskbar, folders, and icons—is still here and better than ever, with a new taskbar and streamlined file management."

Is this not true?

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
/soul wrote:

It says on the Windows 8 website:

"
The desktop
The desktop that you're used to—with its taskbar, folders, and icons—is still here and better than ever, with a new taskbar and streamlined file management."

Is this not true?

According to my friends it is true. You just have to figure out how to set it to "Desktop mode" or something similar.

Awarded:

I've been debating between upgrading to win7 64bit or win8 64 bit. I run 32 right now so it will have to be a clean install. I have my OS on a seperate partion so an upgrade is easy. Are there any pros to win8 if I don't use a touchscreen monitor? How much space does 8 need?

Zanumas

PolishRifle wrote:
I've been debating between upgrading to win7 64bit or win8 64 bit. I run 32 right now so it will have to be a clean install. I have my OS on a seperate partion so an upgrade is easy. Are there any pros to win8 if I don't use a touchscreen monitor? How much space does 8 need?

You should definitely get a 64 bit OS, this game eats ram at insane amounts. I don't know the pros/cons of 7 vs 8 though.

Awarded:

Overall I am satisfied with Windows 8. It's basically Windows 7 with some extra unnecessary fluff for a PC.

Awarded:

My current mobo has 4 RAM slots that can hadle 2gb each but PC5300 DDR2 is rather pricey. I think it was almost $140 for 4x2gb where as I can get DDR3 at $13/stick

_Caranel_

I know G-Chrome has multiple issues. It cannot even stream Netflix, iirc.

I would also recommend that a 64bit OS be used... I forget who the OP was, but just saw that discussion within this thread.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

_Caranel_ wrote:

I would also recommend that a 64bit OS be used... I forget who the OP was, but just saw that discussion within this thread.

You're saying you think that Google Chrome can't stream Netfix? You recall incorrectly Happy

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
_Caranel_ wrote:

You're saying you think that Google Chrome can't stream Netfix? You recall incorrectly Happy

This. I use Chrome exclusively and I use Netflix often (Curretly watching Better of Ted) and I have zero issues. Actually, I have almost no issues at all using Chrome period.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: