View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badgomatic

re: Not ignoring you...

I use a Logitech G930 Wireless headset in TS3. If I'm in a quiet channel for too long, my headset will idle and will shut itself off to save energy. It's difficult to notice if it's been powered down sometimes while I play because I get absolutely sucked into SWTOR and although the headset will beep to let me know it's shutting down I'm usually too immersed to notice it lol!

I'm going to look into options as far as anti-idling on the headset (there's nothing built in to tweak with it).. it's truly annoying to have sat in TS3 for an hour thinking there's nothing going on, only to realize later that there's a great conversation going on which I am missing.. xD

That being said, if you come into a channel and I'm there and don't respond if you are talking to me, that's likely the reason.. Not ignoring you Happy

Awarded:

My first suggestion would be to set TS3's "playback" setting to your speakers maybe, so that you'll hear people talking even if you headset dies?

That's awesome you get so immersed in SWTOR, I do too the story is so great on all the characters and most planets!

*cough*

I get so sucked in that sometimes I 'zone out' of ongoing conversations even though I have no such excuse. lol. I usually only randomly snap back or 'notice' when someone says my name (though I admit I have even missed that a few times *cough*cough*)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Badgomatic

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
My first suggestion would be to set TS3's "playback" setting to your speakers maybe, so that you'll hear people talking even if you headset dies?

That's awesome you get so immersed in SWTOR, I do too the story is so great on all the characters and most planets!

The problem with that idea is the noise reduction on my headset is so good I would have to turn the volume on my speakers up and annoy everyone in the house with it.. Happy I've read some testimonials from other people who own the same headset, and apparently this has been an ongoing issue for the last 2 years.. It has an auto-shutdown after 10 minutes.. Some people have written programs to counter it, but supposedly anti-virus software picks it up as a potential virus, and in games like BF3 Punkbusters picks it up as a potential exploit and bans you..

With story progression as it is in this game it's almost impossible not to get sucked right in Happy I leveled my Shadow through FP's from level 10-20 and it was nice since I did Coruscant's story missions only, which increased my immersion I found.. Gonna try to do the same through the 20's lol! :D

Awarded:

Yeah I hear that!

Awarded:

Wait Sati were you saying something?! Wasn't paying attention..

Jump to: