View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Cmelt

re: Planetside 2

I plan on representing Pax in Planetside 2. Would love some peeps to join me when it releases. I'm joining the open beta right now to learn as much as I can about it.

Not 100% which faction I want to commit to but Vanu seems the most appealing to me. New Conglomerate is a rebel faction which i'm always usually against. Terran Republic seems to be the main "evil" faction in the game so I naturally want to oppose them. Vanu has an incredible aesthetic style that really reminds me of the Covenant in Halo. Regardless really looking forward to this game and if you like FPS and MMO than y'all should definitely take a look at this epic game.

AHHH THIS GAME LOOKS SO AWESOME. It's everything I wanted Battlefield 2142 to be!

Last edited by Cmelt on October 19, 2012 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Cmelt

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
AstralProjection

I always side with the rebels, not a fan of establishments ; ) This game does look awesome, I will no doubt install it because of the F2P status and everything, and it looks like they did everything right this time. However, I barely have time to play anything these days, and TOR will always be my baby, so I'm not sure how much I'll get to enjoy this this year. Still been keeping my eye on Planetside 2 for a long time and I'm stoked.

There's an MMORTS coming out that looks interesting too, can't remember the name off the top of my head, but there are a lot of interesting games hitting the MMO genre in the next couple years.

I'm a rebel with a cause. Plus I like the colors.
Cmelt

Played a bit of every faction. Really what it boils down to in this game is what aesthetics and what weapon/vehicle types you like the most. TS are very much about speed and lots of fast shooting weapons. NC is slow and tanky with high damage. VS (My current fav faction) is a balance between the 2.

From the pilot's side, it seems that NC has the best overall fighter, from the tank side VS has a freaking boss tank that is like a Wraith from Halo on steroids. For infantry it's all about playstyle. NC have the best overall damage. VS have the best accuracy. And TR have.....well.....annoying little machine guns that can pump you full of hot lead in a few seconds.

On the server i'm on TS is the most powerful and they usually control a little over half of the continent. VS controls usually 1/3 to half and NC is just...sucking it up. It feels very true to the lore in many ways. I haven't spent a lot of time fighting NC because the TR separates us but I can say the TR feel very imperialistic and my faction feels very techno-cratic. I'll post more of my thoughts later.

Taenn

Vanu the first time around. Vanu indeed forever!
Cmelt

Vanu has the smallest pop number yet we hold our own very well. Starting to really enjoy playing engineer and I want to play infil so bad but either I suck or the Vanu sniper rifle sucks. Probably a mixture of both. It's like BF3 sniping but people can dodge/strafe faster than I can track.

Cmelt

Anyone else in the beta?

Hart of Hircine

nope.
Hart of Hircine

Thought the game was free to play.
Cmelt

It's F2P on release. You can pay $40 for instant beta access for yourself plus a friend along with lots of in-game goodies. This is not a pay to win game though.

Cmelt

I have a bonus beta key for Planetside 2. If you want to join the beta and plan on actually playing it a good bit just pm me and i'll hook you up. If I don't get any pms by midnight i'm giving it away to an IRL friend who won't really play a lot.

Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

how much is the game itself?

Waars wrote:
how much is the game itself?
from what I read up to over $40, playstation points 4000=$40 plus guns, some armor customization, and and a few other goodies.
Cmelt

The game is entirely F2P and no purchase for the game itself upon release. However to get into Beta without jumping through loops to get a key you can pay $40 and that also entitles you to a lot of in-game currency and special aesthetics you can only get from that package.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: