View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

re: Guild Wars 2 *Server: Dragonbrand*

sooo...

since apparently a few of us actually do plan on playing it 'eventually'...

which servers do you guys have planned out? maybe we're lucky and actually end up on the same ones :P

(not that I plan on playing much. lol)

my guild from the 'good old days' is apparently relocating from Sorrow's Furnace to Dragonbrand

Last edited by Satiata on August 29, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Asuka'Raein - Sage
AstralProjection

I'm one of the folks that might play it someday, but probably not for a while...I'll leave server selection up to you pros, since I don't even know what their server names are : )

I am playing currently whilst waiting for TOR to redownload and I chose Crystal Desert. Liking it so far.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

Cmelt wrote:
I am playing currently whilst waiting for TOR to redownload and I chose Crystal Desert. Liking it so far.

if you're not playing with other people, transfer to 'mine' :P

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Badgomatic

Got an account set up on Anvil Rock.. Thing is, once you click 'Ok' and join a server it looks like you have to pay for a transfer to another server. Not even sure how much that'd cost yet..

Either way, from what I've seen of the game mechanics there so far, I'll still be spending more time in SWTOR than GW2.

EDIT: Just transferred over.. Looks like the transfers are free for the moment.

Awarded:

We really should all at least decide what server Pax folks will go so we can play together Happy I vote Sati to choose!

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
We really should all at least decide what server Pax folks will go so we can play together Happy I vote Sati to choose!

dragonbrand then :P

but yeah from what I gathered since there was a lot of 'full' servers when the servers opened on saturday there are free char transfers until friday or something.

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

alright, set up my account and created a char on Dragonbrand.

amnie.7564
is my account, so add me :D

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Badgomatic

Badgomatic.9730 all set up there.

I don't remember my number but Cmelt!

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Badgomatic

Having fun with GW2, but it's certainly not a Star Wars replacement! Still be hanging around with you cats and dogs chasing my tail as usual. Happy

Awarded:

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure I'll buy GW2 this weekend, mostly to play with ya'll in there, see some different kinds of pvp, and play with this other friend I have through server guesting.

What role do we need most? healer? tank? dps?

mhhh.... well...

the guesting is not in-game yet, as far as I know. at least not when I tried with my sister earlier (got the game for her birthday ;D)

anyway...

since I wasn't around a lot the last few days I don't really know how much actual action we have as pax, so I can't really say what we 'need'.

however, there are a few classes that can do several roles. for example the class I mainly play, the elemental mage, can do burst dmg, healing, support dmg (stuns and the like) and buff their robustness (I haven't played around with that much yet so I don't know if this is group based or just for my character)

there is a class (I think it's the warrior, not sure yet) that boosts the whole group, for example. so everyone gets more defense, or everyone gets more offense..stuff like that.

the most 'tanky' class in the classic sense is probably the guardian, because depending on which weapon combo you use you have skills that make enemies stay in a circle with you. there isn't the typical aggro table in the game, so group settings work a little differently.

guardians can also heal, btw. (though they are a melee class, meaning the heals will be more benefitial for other melees)

oh btw,
you are all of course welcomed to join my 'other' guild aswell. we're currently about 15 people I think with no set rules or anything (I've seen quite a few recruitments already that demand you must represent their guild at all times, for example)

I haven't played much yet so I can't say about the group play as a whole. I've been busy being sick and celebrating birthdays (may be related issues. heh)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Cmelt

Ya I mean just pick what you want. The way the two types of PvP are right now you can excel without worrying about roles. I recommend trying out a few classes and seeing which you like the best. You basically have a full grasp of each class before you even hit lvl 10.

Dordrac
Member - 1 Year

Awarded:

Yeah one of the things about GW2, is that the trinity doesn't really exist in that game. (tank, dps, healer). Rather it's more everyone can do all three roles to some extent. Basically everyone is a dps, healer, and a tank to some extent, but can go a little bit in any given direction based on their trait point allotment and skills. But there really isn't clearcut specialization like in Swtor. That is one thing that makes it so different from normal MMOs.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: