View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: Mouse or Trackball?

In my continued quest for improvement I realized that I might be making things more difficult for myself by using a trackball rather then a tradition mouse. I've been using a trackball since the early 90's and always liked the fact they take up less room on my desk.

Looking at the gaming controllers I notice they are all, for the most part, traditional mice. Are mice easier to control or are more precise then a trackball? Anyone else use both or crossover?

Satiata
Member - 5 Years

I was using a trackball at one of my old workplaces and I didn't really notice a difference in performance for every day office work, however gaming is a different story and I have no experience in that.

a friend of mine is playing games with a trackball, though, and he swears by it. afaik he is even using a gaming ball.

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Cmelt

I use a touchpad! Most people think I am insane to not only game on laptops exclusively but to not use an external mouse. However I have played everything from Starcraft to COD to SWTOR on this and I can say it is 10x easier for me to use than a mouse at this point.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

maybe I'll plug in an old two button optical mouse and see if I like it control-wise then worry about getting the Naga.

Nylos Aurion

I got a Naga a few years ago and I will never be able to use another mouse again. It's comfortable and performs as well as any other mouse, but the deciding factor for me was the 12-button numpad.

I used to play with all my abilities bound to `-5, q, e, r, t, g, z, x, c, and v (with all of those also having another ability bound to it with a shift modifier (shift-q, etc)) and having the extra 12 buttons (7-12 with shift modifiers) completely changed the game for me.

Being able to bind potions/medpacs/adrenals, little convenience things like my mount, and every one of my abilities is way too nice of a thing to pass up. Keybinding - in almost all circumstances - is by and large a more efficient way to game and I definitely recommend a Naga if you choose to play with a mouse. It's well worth the investment.

Satiata
Member - 5 Years

unlike popular belief, you really don't need a naga.

say no to naga!

say yes to the logitec g700 instead :D

Forum Image

she so pretty. she my baby <3

ohhh

and if you're cheap, and still want a pretty epic (looking) gaming mouse...

you can get a a 'fireglider' for about 20€ over here, so I would assume it's about the same price in other countries. is with a cable (which I personally prefer, actually), two side and one extra mouse button, the mouse wheel is a button aswell, a quick speed-change button and you can easily change the weight (super handy for fps or doing complicated graphic stuff, which is what I use it for)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: