View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabetse

re: What sorcery is this!? [Mouse Issue]

Today my mouse got possessed, every window I clicked started to scroll down automatically without clicking/moving the mouse.

Like for example, hearing music and it tunes down the volume to 0% periodically.
Scrolling this very forums it keeps scrolling down (without me even touching it)

I search and all it says is that I may have the "auto-scroll" option enable. But that is something I knew since if it was enabled it would show an icon right next to it,
like this: Forum Image
And the solution in that case would be to just click the scroll wheel again, but I don't have it shown, and if it was that it wouldn't be affecting everything that has a scroll feature.

I tried to check if there were some updates for its driver, none.

Anyone been through this before?
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

the last time something like this happened to me was when my spacebar was being wonky because some little ball thingy from my cousin rolled between space and alt

Asuka'Raein - Sage
AstralProjection

Yeah, usually weird behavior like this is caused by a key on your keyboard or a button on your mouse sticking. Sometimes a reboot or unplug/replug of the devices will help, or firmly pressing every key on your keyboard, and all mouse buttons a few times.

Weird stuff can happen if you accidentally turn on StickyKeys or whatever that other option is...they're found under the accessibility options (control panel, accessibility for XP, or control panel, "Ease of Access Center" for Windows 7).

I would check all that stuff out. There are prank "viruses", really just simple programs, that people can install to make your peripherals do crazy things, or devices that can do it from places like ThinkGeek. As a last resort check your running processes for anything unusual in task manager, or check your USB ports to make sure nobody's playing a joke on you ; )

I rebooted, unplugged, scanned for viruses, nothing. Now sometimes the wheel scrolls or does nothing at all.

However..

I hit 4 Falcon Punches to this possessed mouse and..voila! LOL!

It worked, for a while.

So now I can say it's something physically that's misplaced or broken, guess I'll just get a new one then.

Thanks for the replies. :D

I'll leave this here...

Forum Image

Edit: I forgot to mention that I tried my old mouse and the scrolling worked perfectly, so maybe it's just this one that has met its deadline. Sadly the old one doesn't have the extra 2 buttons.
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

oh noooo

but if you want to have two fancy extra buttons without having to spend 80 dollar... try to find a Fireglider twisted

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Nabetse

Will do, it's time to start looking for a replacement. tongue out
AstralProjection

Nabetse wrote:

I highly recommend the TOR mouse, though it's a little overpriced, or a regular Naga. It will transform your play. My biggest complaint is that if you have big hands they feel kinda Tiny and Cheap, but overall I love the TOR Naga.

AstralProjection wrote:
Nabetse wrote:

I highly recommend the TOR mouse, though it's a little overpriced, or a regular Naga. It will transform your play. My biggest complaint is that if you have big hands they feel kinda Tiny and Cheap, but overall I love the TOR Naga.

nooooooo. say nooo to naga!

lol on a more serious note, if you are actually looking for a 'high quality' mouse with a few more buttons - get a Logitech G700. omg do I LOVE LOVE LOVE that mouse. my Naga... fell apart after a few month and I'm not a heavy clicker at all (lots of people have issues with their Naga, actually)

but the Fireglider is an amazing mouse, especially since it's definitely a low budged one. I got it a bit cheaper back when it was first out, paid about 15€ (regular price was 29€ back in 09, should be cheaper now)... it's got two thumb buttons, an extra index finger button and a speeed regulation button under the wheel (standart for gaming mice the wheel is an actual button too, of course)
and what I personally really like about it is that you can actually change the weight to one you prefer.

but yeah, if you have some extra bucks, I'd defintely look into the G700, Tarith has no clue. lol j/k

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Miraluka Soran

I have a steelseries WoW mouse and love it, little uncomfortable to reach a couple of the buttons but I think the newer version is much better for that. Been solid for about 2 years now. Steelseries may offer something comparable without the WoW branding as well. A co-worker of mine had a Naga and it crapped out on him after about 6 months.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: