View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: Star Wars Kinect

Is anyone else checking this out today? My wife ordered me a copy back in Sept for my birthday and its getting delivered today. It won't come close to replacing TOR but I want to see how the motion controls try to suck you into the Star Wars Universe.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I'm interested to hear from someone if it's fun enough to warrant buying the kinect, but I feel like it won't live up to my expectations

I have one, but TOR is keeping me from playing other games right now, because I have so much I want to accomplish in it first.

I'll probably pick it up for the 5 year-old when I have some extra money and try it out for myself when I get a chance.

It looked like fun to me, and might help rejuvenate a market that started hot and stagnated (Kinect & motion games in general).

http://youtu.be/x_xJqkzngBI

Just, no. This is why I'll never get a Kinect.

Don't click on that link... I am not kidding, you may never forgive yourself!
MMDI-Holus

I'm picking up my blaster, put it on my side, I'm jumpin' in my Falcon, Wookiee at my side...

I'm Han Solo

nolongeramember

Not really a game for me... I have a Kinect (no idea why) but I think I'll keep waiting.

Maereth

Matternous wrote:
Not really a game for me... I have a Kinect (no idea why) but I think I'll keep waiting.

Because if you wanted to flail your arms like an idiot you'd get a Wii. Keep the xBox to the controller, less confusing, random, and open to outside interference.

After seeing that Han Solo Kinect vid, Im close to buying an xbox!

AstralProjection

Maereth wrote:
Matternous wrote:

Because if you wanted to flail your arms like an idiot you'd get a Wii. Keep the xBox to the controller, less confusing, random, and open to outside interference.

I dunno, the Kinect has a lot of features I like. My Xbox is more a media hub than a gaming console anymore anyway.

I love that I can voice activate everything without wasting controller batteries, for instance.

And Air Band is repetitive, but very amusing once in a while ; )

AstralProjection wrote:
Maereth wrote:
Matternous wrote:

I dunno, the Kinect has a lot of features I like. My Xbox is more a media hub than a gaming console anymore anyway.

I love that I can voice activate everything without wasting controller batteries, for instance.

They have rechargeable battery packs for a reason. Haven't bought batteries for my xBox since I got it. Sure, the voice would be handy, but how accurate is it without a headset already with you.... Which would be plugged into said controller. I see no need for a Kinect. I don't need one to make myelf look like a fool.

Maereth wrote:
AstralProjection wrote:
Maereth wrote:
Matternous wrote:

They have rechargeable battery packs for a reason. Haven't bought batteries for my xBox since I got it. Sure, the voice would be handy, but how accurate is it without a headset already with you.... Which would be plugged into said controller. I see no need for a Kinect. I don't need one to make myelf look like a fool.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. The voice actually works great without a headset. The mic built into the Kinect means you don't need one anymore for any of the games you play. I never use the rechargeable controller packs because my console is too far from where everyone sits (or stands) to play while charging, and I don't like to leave the console running when nobody's using it.

I think they sold so well from the jump because most people don't care how foolish they look in their own house ; ) I didn't get it for myself, got it for the kids, but still it hasn't been a total loss for me. Even not being into the games I've still found uses for it.

Personally, I just took a look at the video with Tris - the dancing? The hell is that lol... sorry but pop music in star wars with terribad dance moves just seems ... nevermind.

Edit: Ok - this redeemed it in our eyes by .01% For a kid game though, it looks fun lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mqEJaP2fs&feature=related

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Quirquie

That video is definitely better than Hans Solo one, slightly. I suppose it is cool for kids, but the kids I know want lightsabers not dancing fools when they think of Star Wars!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: