Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Bowregard

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper, Bowregard!

The application submitted by bowregard is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
College - 3rd Year

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?:
Perhaps the biggest contributors to my strives for achievement are a mixture of curiosity and competitiveness. Curiosity makes willing to give almost anything a shot and I'm not afraid to try something on a whim. My competitiveness makes me aspire to become the best at what I'm doing and builds on the groundwork laid down by my curiosity.

What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?:
I'm a loyal to my friends and comrades. If someone needs help with something then I'm always willing to drop what I'm doing and give what I can. This can be anywhere from helping with a quest or helping them move into their apartment.

On the flipside, I can be reserved. I sometimes don't speak up when needed and I might neglect my personal affairs in light of others.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
Ingame I generally enjoy chatting with people, crafting, or pvping during free time. PVP and raiding are perhaps my two favorite activity. I'm always up for some PVP and love a good raid.

Out of game I enjoy spending time with my friends and just hanging out. I'm fairly involved in and around my university, so that's large amount of my out of game time.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Recommendation from Fullmetal and Gryffon

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Somewhat.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect a generally positive attitude among the membership. If hiccups and minor issues occur then they should be brushed off with a laugh and, hopefully, a lesson learned.

If a problem arises I expect it to be handled by leadership in an appropriate manner. I expect leadership to handle such situations with as much objectivity as possible and try not to let personal feelings cloud their judgement.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I believe I can contribute a good attitude. I'm always laughing. If someone needs help with something, as mentioned prior, I'm always willing to help out. I'm willing to help build and maintain the respect the guild on the server and in the general swtor community.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Honestly, I hadn't really considered other guilds. My roommate (Fullmetal) egged me on to jump on vent and not be afraid to hang out with the membership and I've really enjoyed the overall attitude of the guild. I can't speak in regards to the other guilds, but I can say I feel that Pax has a sense of community that I've seldom run into.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I either tackle the stress head-on and resolve the problem or switch to a different activity and handle it at a more opportune time or with a different tactic. This holds true to both in game and out of game. If I'm getting obliterated at PVP I'll switch to crafting, do a space mission, or ask for help. Out of game I'll get on my bike and ride around the city, chill out to some music, or, again, ask for help.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I ignore them. They're welcome to waste their time.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I ask them to stop, politely. If they persist, I ask for assistance.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
Bowregard - http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=2514311

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I have not.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Scoundrel

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I've played numerous MMO's in the past. I played EVE Online (extensively), Pirates of the Burning Sea, Warhammer Online, and WoW. I held leadership positions throughout these, notably in EVE and PotBS.

In real life I'm currently a college student attending the University of Louisville in Kentucky. I'm a 3rd year Civil Engineering major. I'm involved in trying to join the local engineering fraternity and the engineering school's student council. As mentioned I enjoy bike-riding and will be getting back into martial arts this coming semester. The only reason I didn't mark down a leadership oriented role in positions is due to the above workload.

I also happen to live with Fullmetal!

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
None that I can think of.

Have you re-read this application to ensure that there are no mistakes, and that our rules for applications are met?:
Yes

Updated the Occupation.

Last edited by Bowregard on January 5, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Bubbles

Hi Bowregard! I've seen you on vent a few times, I had no idea you were FullMetal's roommie =)

Thanks for taking the time to fill up your application with lots of details, it was enjoyable to read.

How are you speccing your scoundrel and how do you like the class so far? Also, how do you feel about ponies?

Welcome to the forums!

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hey bowregard, nice to meet you and welcome! Pretty good application I'd say, and a friend of two good guildies is a friend of mine.

Question: Healer or DPS scoundrel?

Hello "Bowregard", I have a hypothetical question. If you were to find at a particular time that your house's internet was not able to handle 3 or potentially 4 people playing TOR at the same time, would you willing stop playing to the benefit of one of your housemates (the tallest one perhaps)???

Just kidding, this is another of mine and Travis' friends and as before, he is a good guy that I think would make an excellent guildie (which is why I have been pushing them to apply :D). Great to see you on the forums Bobo!

Well, I suppose you seem alright I mean ... I can overlook you being friends with two criminals such as Travis and Mike...And I can overlook you being friendly and happy - because we don't permit happiness or smiling in this guild. We only permit success. And victory. And other words that create a strict no fun too serious attitude.

lol I could not keep a serious or straight face during that it's such a lie. Congratulations Bowregard on being accepted to Pax Republica as a trainee! I have heard nothing but good things about you and I am pleased to accept this application. Good luck in your trials!!

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/118791/approvedStamp.png

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Invited into guild and Vent setup.

Captain Bubbles

Trial Phase 1: ✔ Completed
Trial Phase 2: ✔ Completed
Trial Phase 3: In Progress

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.

During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 01/01/2012 and ending 01/08/2012, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1.
Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days.
Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.
Caution: If you do not log on to the forums and post within 48 hours of starting your trial you will automatically fail.
(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

►Phase 1

1. You must update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ✔ Completed

2. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. ✔ Completed
Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

3. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. ✔ Completed

4. You must contact either the Consul, an Arbiter, or an Envoy (preferably your Class Leader) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. PM them with your desired name and password. ✔ Completed
Here is a link to a helpful thread with signature and Vent info: Click Here
(Note: Please keep your Ventrilo name the same as your Forum name.)

5. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. ✔ Completed
Click Here.
(Caution: You must complete this task within 48 hours of starting Phase 1.)

6. Log on to SWTOR and whisper your Class Leader with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. ✔ Completed
For a list of our Admins and their in-game names, please Click Here.

7. You must arrange an interview with either the Consul, the Arbiters, or an Envoy (again, preferably your Class Leader). The interview will be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is completed. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better. SCHEDULED THUR 2PM EST ✔ Completed
For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click Here.

►Phase 2

8. You must log on to Ventrilo and chat with the members while in-game.
(Note: Logging on to Ventrilo is mandatory, if you do not log in at least once a week, you will be given a strike.) ✔ Completed

9. You must seek out and speak with 4 different people (2 officers and 2 regular members ranked Peacekeeper or higher) in Ventrilo about your application and potential membership within Pax Republica. ✔ Completed
It is up to you to post here when this has been completed. You can speak to all four at once if able.
(Note: If you are having trouble contacting someone, send someone you'd feel comfortable chatting with a PM on the forums to see if they'd be available to speak with you.)

10. You must get together with 3 Guild members to make a 4 person group and complete either 1 Flashpoint with them, or 3 War Zones. ✔ Completed
(Note: It is up to you to post here once this task has been completed.)

►Phase 3

11. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!
Good luck!

Last edited by Captain Bubbles on January 15, 2012 1:03 am; edited 6 times in total

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Tobinius

Ok, I can overlook the close association with one Fullmetal, tongue out but your application has me completely flummoxed. First you state that you are in High School, and then state you are a 3rd year College student.

So, I think the only way to clear this up is for you to let us know: sweet or salty?

Good luck on your trials.

Cheers big grin

Awarded:

Good catch Tobinius... Bowregard, are you in college or high school?

Awarded:

Welcome to PR, Bowregard! I like your app, and you obviously have a good feel for the guild by living with Full Metal, so you should fit in nicely. I know you have a lot of questions in front of you, so I'll just ask you one more. What major change would you make to SWTOR, given the opportunity?

Met him and did a flash point with him today. Really good guy and I'll be keeping an eye on his trials to vote 'yes' when the time comes.

Interview completed!

Congratulations on meeting all the Phase 1 requirements, Bowregard! Phase 2 starts January 8th, until then, stay active, check your application thread often to answer questions, group with Paxies and have fun Happy

Bowregard

@Nwahs and Tobinius: Highschool...? Oh... I clicked the wrong button on that one haha. I'm definitely a 3rd year college student. tongue out

Also, salty.

@Fullmetal: Option 2 - "Hey FinalKnight baby (our other roommate) wanna unhook that ethernet cable for the good of the Republic?" [Flirt]

@ATownArmy: Regarding major changes... I honestly couldn't say currently. You have to actually have a feel for and more indepth understanding of an organization to make that kind of decision.
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Bowregard wrote:

@Fullmetal: Option 2 - "Hey FinalKnight baby (our other roommate) wanna unhook that ethernet cable for the good of the Republic?" [Flirt]

Lol

Bowregard wrote:

@ATownArmy: Regarding major changes... I honestly couldn't say currently. You have to actually have a feel for and more indepth understanding of an organization to make that kind of decision.

Hmmm, good point, in that case...

Who would cross the Bridge of Death Pax must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is your favorite crafting skill and why?

Bowregard wrote:
@Nwahs and Tobinius: Highschool...? Oh... I clicked the wrong button on that one haha. I'm definitely a 3rd year college student. tongue out

Also, salty.

Your flirting does not persuade me...maybe you should try bribery ;)

And I think you read his question incorrectly, he said SWTOR, not Pax, which it seems your answer is more geared toward.

Edit:

ATownArmy wrote:
Bowregard wrote:

Hmmm, good point, in that case...

Or perhaps not :P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum