Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 19 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Paladaki

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper, Paladaki!

The application submitted by Paladaki is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
USA

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?:
my #1 drive in most games is crafting and collecting patterns, non combat pets, and exploring. I like to be one of the best at what ever I strive for, and am always looking to improve my self and those around me. I level up, and get better gear. Out of gaming I help my family continue to be happy and prosperous.

What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?:
I understand the difficulties and weakness of a tank, and how to be a excellent healer. I research about my class and others to help learn how to handle situations. I craft to the best of my abilities and tend to stretch what the game can give me. (weakness in game) I'm really trusting and gullible, I often give more than I receive. I'm not good at math, I am not a number cruncher I play for fun, or what gaming sites say is best build of the week.
IRL I am really intuitive, and have the abilities to see both sides of situations often, which helps with dealing with arguments and frustrations of real life.
I am forgetful sometimes, I am a bad speller, and I have a temper sometimes.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
In game, I like to craft, do instances/flashpoints, Killing world bosses, and organized pvp matches.

out of game I play my 3ds, and watch my children. I also like to do crafts like coloring, making things with the lanyards, and do modeling clay sculptures.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Hubby

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
sometimes, but never over vent, and never in chat, it's always screaming at my computer, or husband

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect fair treatment from and for all levels. new members, members who've been in a while, officers and even the guild leader should all be treated the same, just because somebody has been playing a while, doesn't mean they are special. I expect everybody to be helpfull when needed, and also to understand that I'm here to help, not just the whiny new kid.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I plan on making my crafting and gathering abilities fully open to guild members, offering what mats/items I can make. Helping with quests, flashpoints, and helping/healing in PVP.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
At first it was mostly my hubby, but I've grouped with several members of pax, they've always been a very friendly bunch. I've heard my hubby tell stories that I want to be part of.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
When I'm stressed I like to do something relaxing. In game this can be just sitting on the fleet and crafting, or leveling an alt, and not participating in what ever is causing the stress. Out of game I turn off the light in my room, and listen to my I-Pod, or take a nice hot shower.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Usually I'll /ignore him, but if it's bad enough and he's in a guild that I know members of, I'll contact officers, or even their guild leader, and I'll let my guild officers know it happened, (with screen shots)

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I mute them. If I want to listen to silly noises I'll listen to my 2 year old or 4 year old. If it's bad enough I'll directly ask them to stop, and if that's still not working, I'll discretely ask an officer for assistance.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
paladaki http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1393259

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
All in, I was questing with my hubby when somebody said they'd give 5k credits to help make their guild, and I never left, Nobody is ever online when I am, and I'm the highest level in their guild, out of 7.
The Lost Order, Friends of mine from Wow, but I haven't even made my alt with them on their server.
Soverign aeons, and I was only in there because my hubby was, but I rarely did anything with them, on the forums.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
never.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Crafting

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
PVP

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Scoundrel

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
It's been a long time since I've played on a PVP server. I don't enjoy being ganked and corpse camped. I do enjoy organized pvp. When I started playing wow, I played on a pvp server. The guild I was in formed a raid on a horde town, there was about 40 of us, and we had a blast.

Running with pax during pvp matches, or organized open world pvp "wars" I've come to like Tor PVP and I will keep up with my activity requirements.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I can probally ask my hubby, but are there any plans on pve raiding, or is it only pvp plans.

Have you re-read this application to ensure that there are no mistakes, and that our rules for applications are met?:
Yes

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hello and welcome to the forums! Pretty good application. I like that your honest about not being good at math and that you're too trusting; you did a good job of outlining your strengths and weaknesses.

Question: who is your husband that referred you? Did I over-hear correctly that it's Pauliosis?

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Question: who is your husband that referred you? Did I over-hear correctly that it's Pauliosis?

Wait i have a wife that i didn't know about? awesome... and awkward at the same time.... mostly awkward.
Captain Bubbles

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

I believe her husband is Rebmac... I think? Paul is a little young to get married!

To answer your question Paladaki: we definitely plan on doing some of the end game PvE flashpoints and operations when we have enough level 50s to do so. Mostly though, we are a PvP focused guild, but it doesn't mean we can't mix it up and have fun in PvE also Happy

What made you want to be a scoundrel (aside that it's the most awesomest class in the game I mean)? What level are you and how are you enjoying the class?

Also, welcome (back?) to the forums!

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Baktusit

Hi,

very nice application, and it is always good to have more females in legion Happy

You asked if we do any pve; We are on a PvP server and do mostly PvP, however since you can redo all flashpoints again at lvl 50 (Hard Mode) we do have many in legion that wants to do them, also I am sure you will find people in legion to do flashpoint and other pve content while leveling Happy

I do have a question: what do you study, and why?

good luck with your application.

Bak.

Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Paladaki has been kind enough to keep me from falling over on numerous occasions :D. For those of you unaware, this is "Jessie" who has been in numerous warzones and flashpoint runs since launch.

Arkathos

Paladaki has been kind enough to keep me from falling over on numerous occasions :D. For those of you unaware, this is "Jessie" who has been in numerous warzones and flashpoint runs since launch.

Yup, this is Jessie, Rebmac's wife. I'd like to just make something known here before people begin getting into the application.

When "Jessie" first applied to pax a few months ago, we eventually declined her application because we feared she wouldn't have been able to keep up with our forum expectations due to a potential lack of interest in doing, well, nothing. That's what forum waiting for a game is technically, a lot of doing nothing lol. Since we've been in game I kept an open mind and watched Rebmac and Jessie carefully - keeping her on my friends list to see when they would log on, activity, etc. - not stalking of course! - and the activity for both of them was nominal. I mean, she's on more than davi by about 10 times the amount. She has joined us in warzones at the drop of a hat, healing people, - and participated in several flashpoints as well. She is friendly, talkative, and very competent in game.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
At first it was mostly my hubby, but I've grouped with several members of pax, they've always been a very friendly bunch. I've heard my hubby tell stories that I want to be part of.
As far as I am concerned, I'd like her to be a part of those stories too. She was with us in the Jawa Balloon Massacre, and she came out to support a bunch of players who weren't even in her guild, and heal the guild leader who once had to decline her (albeit it wasn't anythng against her lol).

So I think she's proven herself, and she gets a yes from me.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Welcome to PR! It seems like your reputation in the warzones and with your hubby proceeds you, which is obviously a good thing. I have a couple of questions just to get to know you better:

You said you have kids, what ages/genders?
Do you have, or are you planning on any alternate builds? (you mentioned something about a tank, but I think you were referring to them as they relate to a healer's job)
And what's your favorite planet so far?

I enjoyed reading your app and look forward to eventually joining you in-game for fun times.

What trade/crew skills are you enjoying the most?

Good luck with your trials.

Cheers big grin

ATownArmy wrote:
Welcome to PR! It seems like your reputation in the warzones and with your hubby proceeds you, which is obviously a good thing. I have a couple of questions just to get to know you better:

Do you have, or are you planning on any alternate builds? (you mentioned something about a tank, but I think you were referring to them as they relate to a healer's job)

She's still sleeping, and will be answering some questions soon, but I just wanted to answer this one for Atown... you asked about her kids, but she did say
If I want to listen to silly noises I'll listen to my 2 year old or 4 year old.
They are both boys.

And yes, it's Jessie, Theres no place on the application for what is your current character name, or planned character name, if you don't have a current character.

Hey everyone Happy there is a lot here so im going to trim some of it to make it a better post Happy

Nwahs Nirom: Hello and welcome to the forums! Pretty good application. I like that your honest about not being good at math and that you're too trusting; you did a good job of outlining your strengths and weaknesses.

Me: Rebmac is my hubby, i really should have said that in there someplace but it was late and i was tired.

Captain Bubbles:
What made you want to be a scoundrel (aside that it's the most awesomest class in the game I mean)? What level are you and how are you enjoying the class?

Me: I love to heal. always have. in wow i had a priest a shami a druid and a pali, all heals all max level. when i applied the first time i applied as a consular because thats what i thought i would most like to play. but during beta i decided to play a bit of the other healing clases and played Agent a bit, I fell in love! i loved the way its almost like a rogue from wow but with healing, the stealth suits me well so when im questing i can stealth and have a lower chance of being ganked, or i can vanish and run away. the only thing i miss is some sort of bubble but i have a consular alt that im leveling heals as well. Jessie my scoundrel is lvl 38 nearly 39 and i lover her! i have her outfited in slave girl clothes for which i made reb make me mods, armoring mods and i run around in it healing lol i need new enhancements though.

Baktusit:
I do have a question: what do you study, and why?

Me: I'll be taking placement test next week but ill be taking general education classes atm i haven't chosen a major also thanks for answering my question Happy

travisccook: Paladaki has been kind enough to keep me from falling over on numerous occasions :D. For those of you unaware, this is "Jessie" who has been in numerous warzones and flashpoint runs since launch.

Me: Hey Gryffon :D its been a while!

ATownArmy:

Me: My kids are 2 and 4, they are perfect little blond hair blue eyed bundles of nightmares lol.

I am an altoholic, i already have 2 Jedi knights (one tank and one DPS) a consular (heals), a trooper and my smuggler, i have plans to make another smuggler and go DPS but i haven't decided on a tree path yet.

No fave planet so far, but i would have to say the fleet even though its not a planet lol. i cant be ganked, there are GTNs, a cantina, trainers, and vendors of all types in a small area which is nice for crafters

Tobinius:
What trade/crew skills are you enjoying the most?

Me: Im nearly 400 armstech and am enjoying that but my favorite is Biochem i am leveling it on an alt so i can make myself stims Happy

Last edited by Paladaki on January 1, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arkathos

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/118791/approvedStamp.png

Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Following the Gaiutus Stamp of Approval, i've pushed the requisite buttons. Your lovely Class Leader Bubbles will be along shortly to start your trial :D.

Captain Bubbles

Trial Phase 1: ✔ Completed
Trial Phase 2: ✔ Completed
Trial Phase 3: In Progress

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.

During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 01/01/2012 and ending 01/08/2012, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1.
Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days.
Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.
Caution: If you do not log on to the forums and post within 48 hours of starting your trial you will automatically fail.
(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

►Phase 1

1. You must update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ✔ Completed

2. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below.
Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum ✔ Completed

3. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster ✔ Completed

4. You must contact either the Consul, an Arbiter, or an Envoy (preferably your Class Leader) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. PM them with your desired name and password. ✔ Completed
Here is a link to a helpful thread with signature and Vent info: Click Here
(Note: Please keep your Ventrilo name the same as your Forum name.)

5. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting.
Click Here ✔ Completed
(Caution: You must complete this task within 48 hours of starting Phase 1.)

6. Log on to SWTOR and whisper your Class Leader with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. ✔ Completed
For a list of our Admins and their in-game names, please Click Here.

7. You must arrange an interview with either the Consul, the Arbiters, or an Envoy (again, preferably your Class Leader). The interview will be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is completed. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better. ✔ Completed

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click Here.

►Phase 2

8. You must log on to Ventrilo and chat with the members while in-game. ✔ Completed
(Note: Logging on to Ventrilo is mandatory, if you do not log in at least once a week, you will be given a strike.)

9. You must seek out and speak with 4 different people (2 officers and 2 regular members ranked Peacekeeper or higher) in Ventrilo about your application and potential membership within Pax Republica. ✔ Completed
It is up to you to post here when this has been completed. You can speak to all four at once if able.
(Note: If you are having trouble contacting someone, send someone you'd feel comfortable chatting with a PM on the forums to see if they'd be available to speak with you.)

10. You must get together with 3 Guild members to make a 4 person group and complete either 1 Flashpoint with them, or 3 War Zones. ✔ Completed
(Note: It is up to you to post here once this task has been completed.)

►Phase 3

11. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!
Good luck!

Last edited by Captain Bubbles on January 15, 2012 1:06 am; edited 4 times in total

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Captain Bubbles

Interview done!

Congratulations on completing all the requirements for phase 1 Jessie Happy You will move on to phase 2 January 8th. Until then, just keep being active!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum