58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

UnbarringTomb

re: Which Net Browser

Okay so after seeing Chrome taking up a lot of build up memory in my windows task manager,i have decided whats Firefox has to offer,i was a former member of it but i switched since the major update,and couldn't use my apps,now it appers i might going back to it,now im asking you guys should i stick with Chrome,or do the switch to Firefox

I personally use Chrome. I used to use Firefox but I had better performance with Chrome, and I haven't looked back since. From what I know, Firefox is still a great browser, and very safe. A lot of people I have talked to about it have come to the conclusion that they are about equal, but both are light years ahead of Internet Explorer.

I would try out Firefox and see if you see better performance, and if so I would switch. Depends on if you can import all your saved data from Chrome.

Nabetse

re: Re: Which Net Browser

If Chrome is giving you issues then your best bet is FF. Even though FF has issues with 'Yahoo!' pages (and other random ones) it's still pretty decent, but I'm not gonna lie; sometimes it makes you rage. But I'm sure you'll try it once you see this:

Forum Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
FrelsoTrentone

Chrome has a tabs shown as processes so if you have 10 tabs you'll have 10 processes.. but I'm pretty sure they are like ghost apps and they have no significant effect except for the main process.
nolongeramember

I have tried both and personally prefer chrome. For me, it loads very fast and I've had multiple problems with flash content on Firefox. And the memory that chrome uses will not affect you... as said, they are like ghost apps.

Last edited by nolongeramember on November 29, 2011 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Baktusit

I am using Firefox for the past 6 years now.
I love it, find it very useful, and the sync option is very good too.

I hate Explorer, and have never used chrome (only on friends computers or at work), never had a reason to try.

Bak.

Lord Marvel

Join the Firefox :D we have chocolate chips cookies ;)

Garlen Durakkis

I prefer Chrome myself, I dunno it just works best for me. But pick whichever you want!
Davi Jones

I have always used chrome then read this. It made me want to try out firefox and i love it and all the addons and stuff u can use. Not sure which i like more though :P

I have pretty much tried every browser out there and at least for me Chrome was by far the fastest. I would say Explorer is the slowest, then Firefox, then Safari, and Chrome being significant leaps ahead of the speed of everyone else. When I used Firefox it felt very cluttered and weighed down similar to explorer while Chrome has very little extra browser accessories to interfere with the ease of access and speed. I would highly recommend sticking with Chrome over Firefox.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I did some trials back when I started the "which Browser do you use Poll" way back when I first joined, and I found Chrome was faster, at least for me

Jump to: