View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: Solid State Drives

Zoron Ror wrote:
SSD's sound great, can you just hook these up to a SATA power and data cable like a hard drive or do you need a new motherboard?

Plug and play. just like changing out for a new HDD. I haven't tried it, but a lot of them come with a connection so you can copy and paste your old HDD contents, so when you plug in the new one, your OS boots right up with all of your drivers and media on it like you never changed a thing.

Zoron Ror wrote:
SSD's sound great, can you just hook these up to a SATA power and data cable like a hard drive or do you need a new motherboard?

Just need to plug it in, configure your system, and you sir are in business.

ATownArmy wrote:

Plug and play. just like changing out for a new HDD. I haven't tried it, but a lot of them come with a connection so you can copy and paste your old HDD contents, so when you plug in the new one, your OS boots right up with all of your drivers and media on it like you never changed a thing.

Boat Van wrote:

Just need to plug it in, configure your system, and you sir are in business.

Wow thats so cool, thanks guys good to know.

May be a bit late, but I currently have two computers both running 2x SSD's and a media drive. My SSD drives are GSkill, which is one of the smaller "unknown" companies. But they make excelent ram. I've been using their ram for quite a while now in several different computers and never had a problem with it. I recommend G.Skill to all of my friends, due to the price point vs quality that they provide. The one friend that did get a bad stick was able to RMA for a new stick, and had it in his hands with in a week.

My work PC is a bit older and running an older version of the drive's that are in my play PC. I've never had any issues with them, and I bought into SSD pretty much the second they came on the market.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231378
Taburz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167042

That is the one I just purchased and installed. More expensive but worth it from all accounts.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: