Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: New Commando

Hey PR, My name's Jordan, I'm from Dallas TX, currently working as a firefighter in Baghdad Iraq, and I'm the newest Trooper recruit. I'll be rolling a Cyborg Commando come launch, probably named ATownArmy, so you can call me ATown or Jordan, whichever is easier for you.

I'm currently having a little problem getting Vent to download, I've tried a bunch of stuff but finally had to download an old version (3.0.1) so we'll see how that works. Anyway, once I get that up and running, I hope to be talking to y'all on there.

Besides that, I'm just excited for the launch. I have my pre-order on the way and can't wait to get into it. I got to play one of the Beta Weekends, which is how I got into playing the Commando, as I originally thought I'd prefer Jedi Guardian, so I'm definitely hooked and itching for more. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, so I hope to be getting to know y'all better over the next 2 1/2 weeks, so ask any questions and I hope to hear from all of you soon.

Hey there ATown Happy

I`m glad that you have joined us Happy I hope that that you will enjoy your stay here and have lots of fun with us Happy

If you would have any questions/complaints/ideas/etc. be sure to PM me and Iłl try assist to best of my abilities Happy

How do you like living in Iraq?

And how long do you work as firefighter?

ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Lord Marvel wrote:
How do you like living in Iraq?

And how long do you work as firefighter?

Living in Iraq is what it is. The food sucks, the weather is stupid hot (145* F last summer) and we're living in trailers, but I doubt anyone's here because of the living conditions. It's a very good paycheck if you're a civilian contractor like me, and there's always something new. It's just like firefighting back home, except most of our fires are started by rocket attacks. So it's just like firefighting in Detroit, I guess.

I was a firefighter for the US Air Force for 6 years after graduating high school and every time we got deployed to Iraq, we'd see contractors doing the same thing we were, but for 70K+ a year. It didn't take long for me to figure out what I was going to do the second my enlistment ended. I got out of the Air Force July 5th 2011, I was on a plane to Iraq July 7th 2011. Been here since :-)

Welcome ATown! A firefighter huh? That's awesome!
I just wanted to welcome you to our forums, and wish you luck on the trial! Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Thanks! There's a lot of good info on the forums. I had a lot of questions that I wasn't sure about (rank structure, game play plans, etc) but I've been reading non stop since my app was accepted and there's a lot more to go. I'm definitely optimistic about what I see, there's a lot of knowledge in this guild about the game and MMOs in general.

Anyone who ditches the lightsaber to pick up a gun or two is pretty alright in my eyes Happy Good luck on your trials and talk to you on vent!

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Fletch McBone

Welcome Atown and good luck with your trials.

Welcome to the barracks! Best of luck with your trial

Welcome to the party Atown. You should call one of your alts 'Firefighter' or something like that!

Landscaper, 'cuz I mow 'em down baby!
Hart of Hircine

Welcome Atown I'm going to role commando as well.
Namluck

re: Re: New Commando

ATownArmy wrote:
Hey PR, My name's Jordan, I'm from Dallas TX, currently working as a firefighter in Baghdad Iraq, and I'm the newest Trooper recruit.

Hey Jordan! I am from Plano TX, watching the cowboys game right now. I am currently stationed at Ft. Hood TX but my wife goes to school in Arlington so I am up there a lot. Be safe and hope to see you soon.

How is your internet in Baghdad? My internet in Mosul was horrible

Awarded:

re: Re: New Commando

Namluck wrote:
ATownArmy wrote:
Hey PR, My name's Jordan, I'm from Dallas TX, currently working as a firefighter in Baghdad Iraq, and I'm the newest Trooper recruit.

Hey Jordan! I am from Plano TX, watching the cowboys game right now. I am currently stationed at Ft. Hood TX but my wife goes to school in Arlington so I am up there a lot. Be safe and hope to see you soon.

How is your internet in Baghdad? My internet in Mosul was horrible

Hey man! It's about 0100 over here, I stayed up so I could watch the end of the Cowboys game, and now I'm too pumped to sleep. I went to Plano schools for one year in the 2nd grade, but lived all over the area. (Richardson, McKinney, Prosper, graduated from Allen) and spent 6 years not too far away at Barksdale AFB in Shreveport.

Anyway, we have badass internet over here. I streamed the whole cowboys game while on skype and updating espn scores and my fantasy league without having to buffer video once. I got to play SWTOR trial weekend and didn't have any lag, so I'm VERY happy compared to what I've had in Iraq in the past.

So what do you do in the Army?

If you have Skype, you should look at this thread then!
http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7185625&gid=118791

We have a Pax Skype group, people chat on it through the day, it's pretty fun =)

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Captain Bubbles wrote:
If you have Skype, you should look at this thread then!
http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7185625&gid=118791

We have a Pax Skype group, people chat on it through the day, it's pretty fun =)

I've been on it all day. I'm Jordan.Davenport

Wooooop my bad! I thought that was Arkos, I was all confused! Scratch that!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum