Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legendkiller456

re: Why you chose your AC-Consulars

I was just wondering why everyone specifically chose their Advanced Class?

I believe that I fit into the Shadow AC with the Infiltration spec. I like sneaking around, doing a bunch of damage, and winning the day. The Shadow also has a secretive and mysterious kind of title, and I like that. It isn't to happy and it isn't really dark.

Pax Eternus

Quote:
I like sneaking around
... do you mean like 'stalking'... cuz I can see you liking that :P

Well, I'll answer your thread. I picked sage because I think it's in some way similar to a WoW priest and I really enjoyed playing that class.

Pax Eternus wrote:
Quote:
I like sneaking around
... do you mean like 'stalking'... cuz I can see you liking that :P

What I meant was popping in and out and surprising the enemy lol :P

Baktusit

I used to be a Sorc in Aion.
I loved that class, very high DPS and long range, however I would still get oneShotted by an assassin in hide all the time.
so i thought, y not go Shadow.
and don't forget the double light saber Happy

Bak.

SonicBoomS

Sage cause I like healing big grin

Sage for heals and protecting others Happy
I want to be one of the best healers in SWTOR >:3 If there is anything I excel at in MMORPGs, it's healing. ^^

Sticx45

I've been tanking in MMO's for so long now I really don't imagine myself doing anything else as a primary profession. I played a shadow knight in eq, then moved to a valewalker in daoc (avoidance cloth wearing tank type class). And I've been playing avoidance tanks ever since when ever they have been available. I find that the avoidance tank more suits my attitude and outlook than a mitigation tank.

Unfortunately SWTOR doesn't offer an avoidance tank, but the shadow is the closest thing to it. Relying on shields, debuffing the enemy, and a bit of mitigation instead of just straight mitigation to survive hits. The shadow presents a more in depth method of tanking that requires the constant rotation of defensive cooldowns and offensive debuffs to survive. The other two tanks are much easier to tank with, but bore me because of the lack of difficulty.

That and I get a lightsaber =)
Crox Rava

Shadow is everything I wanted, aesthetically speaking. It's like I get to be a light-side Darth Maul! I love the double saber, the nasty spin kick we get late in Kinetic Combat, and I LOVE to come out of stealth and snatch victory from the sarlac maw of defeat in a battleground/warzone! Shadow suits my roleplaying sensibilities as well.

Photobucket
Pax Eternus

To be honest, right now I'm a bit disappointed with the Seer tree. We shouldn't even bother with assigning skill points, since there is only one possible configuration. There should just be a button that you press to be a Seer and as you level it automatically assigns the points.

I agree with Pax Eternus. The Seer tree seems too straightforward.

I wanted to play a Sage because I want to heal and take care of my teammates. I think a good support player is the foundation to any good team, so I wanted to try my hand at it. I'm hoping that Sages will have something that distinguishes them as healers apart from any other AC.

I think the thing that first caught my attention was a video of game play (showing the beginning of an 8 person raid instance, but it was the Empire version of the Consular Shadow being used) - I saw a lot of the things that reminded me of my Druid in WOW. So when I decided Republic was the way to go, the Consular seemed like a natural choice.

From a pretend point-of-view, the Jedhi Consular seems closest to the lead character in the old 70's tv series Kung Fu (I loved that show as a kid). He was a warrior/philosopher/intellectual, which is what I see the Consular as being, and if I were to start role-playing this is the direction I would go.

From a PvP perspective, going the Shadow (Infiltration) route seems like the most fun.

Cheers

Sage because I like backing up my teamates

Nabetse

Just paying my respects to those Consulars who are in for the heals.

"Not an easy path the healer is.."

/thread semi-derailed

Now back on-topic. :P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum