Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Vote!
Yes.
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Taic

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Taic!

The application submitted by Taic is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?:
I am motivated to contribute and achieve both inside and outside of gaming because it gives me the opportunity to set and meet personal goals that I set for myself. I strive to be a member of teams to share my experiences and my knowledge which is also motivating, and gives me personal achievement.

What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?:
My strengths would be integrity, for I believe it is the most important value. There is no lie that will have a better outcome than the truth. I am also into personal accountability. If you have a responsibility, you have to own it, and ensure that it is taken care of. I used to be a member of PAX. In June I had become too dedicated to gaming in the past, and it has damaged my relationships and my time in schooling and left the guild and gaming all together. I have recovered from that by graduating college and obtaining full time employment with Intel in Oregon and losing weight and becoming a much healthier person all around. Another weakness would be that I have a lack of patience when a person is being disrespectful to others. I usually solve this with a minor confrontation immediately. We are all mature adults, and we should have responsibility and respect each-other. I understand the channels within the guild from the charter to handle such matters.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
I love doing PvP, and it will be my main focus in the game. I am also excited to do some crafting and get into my class story. Outside of the game I enjoy exercising and we just got a membership to our local zoo so we could go each weekend and get some exercise and fresh air. I also got a motorcycle for a graduation present, and I love riding it. I am also fortunate enough that Portland is one place you can ride all year round in the northwest US.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
I was a previous member.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
It depends on the people I am with. I am an ex-soldier, and I can show it. However, I am also a responsible adult that realizes that our forums, and our chat is not a place for such activity and it will not be an issue.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
To enforce the charter and continue to give us what I remember to be the best gaming community I have been a part of.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
My leadership skills, my experience in MMOs, a reliable teammate that wants to see the whole guild succeed as well as someone who you can just kick back and laugh with. (Had a lot of laughs playing some TF2!)

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Because I have seen first hand how this guild manages drama, its members and the respect and dedication the leadership has to make this the best community.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I like to go for walks and clear my head. If I am getting frustrated in game, it is easy to walk away from the keyboard for a few minutes and relax. Sometimes its also fun to keep the atmosphere in game light hearted. and joke around, which tends to keep the stress down to begin with.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I ignore the person and keep on doing the next thing I was doing. There is no reason to reward and give into another person acting disrespectfully on the Internet.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
It depends, there are cases where such activity might be acceptable and we are all joking around. If it at the wrong time, such as during an operation, I'm sure it will be handled without my assistance. If it is in game and I need to address it, I would probably send them a whisper in game asking them to stop the behavior in a very polite fashion, escalating it through the guild channels while never being disrespectful or mean toward the offending member.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
Gajit http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=935530
Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I have been a member of only Pax. I successfully completed my trial and became a Peacekeeper. During this time, I was an active member and participated in bringing the guild activities on Brink and managed the Brink sub-forum as well as aided the guild when we first tried to test if Mumble was a good replacement for Vent.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No I have not.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Scoundrel

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Just that I really enjoyed my time here, and would really love to be a part of it again. Please don't hesitate if you question why I should, and I would be more than happy to answer you!

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I have no questions for the guild at this time.

Have you re-read this application to ensure that there are no mistakes, and that our rules for applications are met?:
Yes

Last edited by Taic on November 18, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pax Eternus

Hello Taic, and welcome back to the forums!

I don't see the name "Taic" on the removal list so we must have missed you. I remember you were a jedi knight, right? What made you change your mind and be a smuggler?

Pax Eternus wrote:
Hello Taic, and welcome back to the forums!

I don't see the name "Taic" on the removal list so we must have missed you. I remember you were a jedi knight, right? What made you change your mind and be a smuggler?

Thank you! And yes, I was originally a Jedi Shadow, then class changed to a Jedi Sentinel. I decided to become a Scoundrel instead because I changed my mentality from wanting to become a melee damage archetype to a healing archetype and I love the story behind the smuggler. I will probably have a Jedi alt of some type in the distant future.

Edit: Added SWTOR account to the OP.

Last edited by Taic on November 18, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

For the information of all responding, Taic left the Guild in June via resignation and in good standing.

Good to see you back, Taic! We've got quite a few new members since your last time here, we'll leave the application open for a little bit and see if they have any questions for you. We'll get your trial rolling soon after Happy.

Taic

travisccook wrote:
For the information of all responding, Taic left the Guild in June via resignation and in good standing.

Good to see you back, Taic! We've got quite a few new members since your last time here, we'll leave the application open for a little bit and see if they have any questions for you. We'll get your trial rolling soon after Happy.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the warm welcome.
FrelsoTrentone

Welcome back Taic always good to see old members returning!
Hart of Hircine

It seems a bunch of former members have come back, wb man.
Taic

Thank you much! I'm still in the process of moving into our new place and my girlfriend and I got the chance to play in the weekend test that just finished. Really re-enforced my decision to play. I've been told that I'm not to worry about getting the game with a very stern voice from my fiance when I ask about pre-ordering which leads me to believe that I'm getting it for Christmas, haha.

Until then since she enjoys WoW, we went ahead and got the annual pass so I have something to tide me over. She's excited to play TOR as well (but she's extremely shy when it comes to meeting people and using vent).

Cloud Kanno

Just a heads up if your girlfriend would like to be more involved with the guild. I've taken this quote (below) from our Family and Friend Policy since you are unable to view it.

Quote:
Those that have a desire to join our ranks will be required to complete the regular application and trial process regardless of any friendship or family connection. This means if you have a friend and/or family member that would like to be on our roster they will be required to apply for membership, otherwise they will remain on regular friend lists.

Our recruitment will close on November 20th until January, so if she has any interest to join it will need to be very soon.

Your trial will begin shortly. Welcome back, Taic! Happy

Reply here when you’re ready to begin you trial, Taic. Happy

Cloud Kanno wrote:

Our recruitment will close on November 20th until January, so if she has any interest to join it will need to be very soon.

Your trial will begin shortly. Welcome back, Taic! Happy

I will def talk to her about it. I appreciate the opportunity to trial again! Good to be back!

ObiBen

Welcome back Taic! So you got to be a part of the weekend beta test? What all did you do?

Trial Phase 1: In Progress
Trial Phase 2:
Trial Phase 3:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.

During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 11/16/2011 and ending 11/23/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.
At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

►Phase 1

1. You must make 15 new posts in our forums.
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 1).
You're starting phase 1 at 352 posts and must reach 367 posts to pass this requirement of phase 1. Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar.
Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Complete √

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

5. You must PM either the Consul, an Arbiters, or an Envoy (preferably your Class Leader) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info.
(Note: Please keep your Ventrilo name the same as your Forum name.) Complete √

Click Here.

6. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Here is a link to the thread:
Click Here. Complete √

7. You must arrange an interview with either the Consul, the Arbiters, or an Envoy (again, preferably your Class Leader). The interview will be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is completed. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click Here. Complete √

►Phase 2

8. You must make an additional 15 new posts in our forums
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 2).
You're starting phase 2 at 391 posts and must reach 406 posts to pass this requirement of phase 2. Complete √

9. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. Please try to maintain Ventrilo activity throughout and after your Trial, as participation will be mandatory upon The Old Republic's release.
(Note: A game with us is optional vent is not, this may be completed in the first phase) Complete √

10. You must seek out and speak in Ventrilo with 4 different people (2 officers and 2 regular members ranked Peacekeeper or higher) about your application and potential membership within Pax Republica. It is up to you to post when these have been completed. You can speak to all four at once if able. Complete √

►Phase 3

11. You must apply to our Pax Republica Guild HQ on SWTOR.com. You can find a link here:
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/4753/pax-republica

12. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so try to relax and good luck!

Last edited by Cloud Kanno on November 21, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

ObiBen wrote:
Welcome back Taic! So you got to be a part of the weekend beta test? What all did you do?

Thanks for the welcome back and I did get to play. However, with the NDA still in effect, sadly I can't talk about it even though I'm sure most if not all of us have gotten a chance to play. If not, within a few weeks there will be a free-for-all beta test weekend and I highly recommend that everyone gets on and plays!

Cloud Kanno wrote:
Reply here when you’re ready to begin you trial, Taic.
I am ready!

Cloud Kanno

I’ll be unavailable for a day, I’m getting a new video card installed, so don’t worry if your trial doesn’t get updated right away. I’ll update it when I return. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum