Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Yes or No?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 21 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

NutellaCrepe

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper, NutellaCrepe!

The application submitted by NutellaCrepe is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?:
Fun. I play games for fun and I see friends for the same reason. I do everything I can to lead my life with a smile. In gaming, I believe a huge amount of fun comes from the community you play with. That's why I want to find a guild before the actual game is out when many hectic and problematic guilds will emerge. I'd like to get to know people a little too Happy

What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?:
Uhm, I'd say a good mood? I really don't rage and try my best to calm down the friends I have who do. Weakness might be that i'm not much of a PvER ingame (I focus on PvP), and IRL my english isn't perfect yet.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
Usually I spend a lot of time playing games like TF2 and LoL. I spend a lot of time in college with some friends and enjoy (when I can afford it) the expansive city that is New York. I also enjoy playing a little bit of tennis, I teach it at a summer camp.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
I browsed the guilds on the SWTOR website and i loved what I read.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not really, eventually i might slip in a French cuss or two though :P

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
To maintain a solid and friendly environment. I like playing with fun and likable people, well who doesn't? I just really want to log on, look at G chat and have some fun interacting with people.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
A good mood! And if you are nice enough I'll give you French lessons :P

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Before applying to this I have over looked many many guild forums and decided not to apply. This forum seems active and friendly. Reminds me of a guild I used to be in back in WoW, it was my best MMO time. I do enjoy the fact that people also get to know each other as more than just characters. I like the bonding aspect and would love to be a part of this one.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I don't know, I don't usually get stressed when I play games. I mean, a loss only means two things: 1) Bold red characters that tell you that you didn't win. 2) Round is over, let's try some more. (This is in PvP terms). Out of game I usually just work things out.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Usually I try to reason with the person, and if that doesn't work i'll either jokingly say things like "its ok i still love you" or just agree to calm the person down. If they are really rude then i'd just ignore them.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Well I don't want to put people on the spot or anything, but assuming it's not just me that it bothers then I'd probably send a private message to the person to try and calm it down.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
NutellaCrepe

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Yes, for a little i joined a guild with a friend (who is a bit harcore). The guild was hardcore and I could already see a bit of "superior attitude" rising before the game even came out.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Nope

Which of the following interests you most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Story

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Guardian (Vigilence)

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I apologize if my English is not perfect or if I sometimes let my accent go. I moved from France 6 years ago and I guess I'm still not done learning. I live in New York, and I really, really like crepes.

I am in a clan based on TF2, I hope that does not conflict. The clan does not have a SWTOR guild. Or any MMO guilds for that matter. It's just a bunch of friends hanging out. Again I hope it does not conflict.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
This guild plans on going PvP servers? Or RP-PvP? I'm personally not much of an RPer myself.

Have you re-read this application to ensure that there are no mistakes, and that our rules for applications are met?:
Yes

Kirrex

Hi NutellaCrepe! Thanks for applying. I just have a quick question to start off with:

NutellaCrepe wrote:
University

Where do you go to school and what are you studying?

I used to know some French, but now I only remember some curses Happy

You seem like a cool guy, and I wish you good luck on your application, and if my English is good enough, yours is too, for sure.

BTW, what are you studying, and why?

Bak.

Tobinius

Bonjour NutellaCrepe,

Good luck on your application. What is your University major?

Salut

Bonjour NutellaCrepe! Ma langue maternelle est aussi le francais: je suis Quebecoise Happy Bienvenue sur les forums de Pax!

Anyway... I enjoyed reading your application, but I do have a few questions. You should elaborate on your weaknesses. Not enjoying PvE and not speaking English as a first language aren't really character weaknesses. We want to get to know you, so tell us more about say... what you want to improve on as a person.

What's your favorite crepes? Happy

Also, I see you are applying for a jedi guardian, but I believe we have closed recruitement on that tree. Stay tuned for an officer to elaborate.

PS To answer your question, we will be rolling on a PvP server.

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Pax Eternus

Hello NutellaCrepe!

Welcome to the Pax forums! I really liked:
Quote:
This forum seems active and friendly.... I do enjoy the fact that people also get to know each other as more than just characters. I like the bonding aspect and would love to be a part of this one.

It shows an understanding of the spirit here at Pax and a willingness to contribute to it.

Good luck and see you around!

Wow I'm surprised you guys answered so fast! I'm not sure how to do this so i'll quote-wall of text...watch out!

Kirrex wrote:
Hi NutellaCrepe! Thanks for applying. I just have a quick question to start off with:

NutellaCrepe wrote:
University

Where do you go to school and what are you studying?

I go to St.Johns University on the Queens campus (in case you know it). I major in Government and minor in History Happy

BAKTUSIT wrote:
I used to know some French, but now I only remember some curses Happy

You seem like a cool guy, and I wish you good luck on your application, and if my English is good enough, yours is too, for sure.

BTW, what are you studying, and why?

Bak.

Thanks! I'm just worried because I just saw that you guys might not be recruiting a guardian! I cross my fingers!

Our curses are as varied and exotic as the rest of the language. Take pride when you say them ;)

Tobinius wrote:
Bonjour NutellaCrepe,

Good luck on your application. What is your University major?

Salut

Salut! Ca va!? (I'd answer the question but I just did right up there ^)

Captain Bubbles wrote:
Bonjour NutellaCrepe! Ma langue maternelle est aussi le francais: je suis Quebecoise Happy Bienvenue sur les forums de Pax!

Anyway... I enjoyed reading your application, but I do have a few questions. You should elaborate on your weaknesses. Not enjoying PvE and not speaking English as a first language aren't really character weaknesses. We want to get to know you, so tell us more about say... what you want to improve on as a person.

What's your favorite crepes? Happy

Also, I see you are applying for a jedi guardian, but I believe we have closed recruitement on that tree. Stay tuned for an officer to elaborate.

PS To answer your question, we will be rolling on a PvP server.

Une Quebecoise! J'ai du mal a comprendre l'accent parfois, mais j'adors le Quebec!

Oh i see, I think a weakness of my character might be laziness? I'm pretty lazy. Other than that, when i get into a debate it might be hard for me to say "oh you are right" unless i have some hard proof. But I don't know if this counts. I do though consider my laziness bad and want to work on that.

My favorite crepe is nutella with raspeberries Happy

Ok, I just have a dps jedi guardian at heart. I do plan on eventually rolling a ranged DPS class though if that helps?

EDIT: If my choice for Guardian really makes my application in jeapardy (or however you spell this) I could consider making a shadow instead..

Pax Eternus wrote:
Hello NutellaCrepe!

Welcome to the Pax forums! I really liked:
Quote:
This forum seems active and friendly.... I do enjoy the fact that people also get to know each other as more than just characters. I like the bonding aspect and would love to be a part of this one.

It shows an understanding of the spirit here at Pax and a willingness to contribute to it.

Good luck and see you around!

Thank you!
Atka Talin

Heya, Crepe.

While we do do some roleplay stuff, it is not the centerpoint of our guild. We considered a RP-PVP server, but due to the sorts of people that usually attracts (Nutjobs who cannot separate reality from the story in their head) we're going to be rolling on a purely PVP server.

Lots of people here enjoy and cherish story, but if you don't so much and want to get straight into the action, that's fine with us. We're a PVP guild, and one of the greatest things about Pax is the accepting and casual mood mixed with hardcore determination.

Good luck on being accepted!
(P.S. I love crepes too. I'm a fruit sort of guy. so raspberries and strawberries are my favorite!)

Every artist was first an amateur.
Sticx45

Atka Talin wrote:
Nutjobs who cannot separate reality from the story in their head

Best syllogy ever.
Foriamlord

Hello NutellaCrepe,

I knew you were French from the moment I saw your name lol.
My girlfriend is French and she forces me to study the language :P. It's sooooooooooooooooooooo much easier than Korean lol.

Quote:

I was so happy because I think I can understand all of that :P.
"Hello NutellaCrepe, my mother tongue is French too: I am a Quebec chick. Welcome to the Pax Forums"
Now as to the reply...

Quote:
Une Quebecoise! J'ai du mal a comprendre l'accent parfois, mais j'adors le Quebec!

This one I am definitely not too sure of.

A Quebec chick! I have a bad understanding of the accent, but I love Quebec.

How am I doing?

Anyway welcome to the forums. See ya on the inside Happy

P.S.,
Quebecoise doesn't directly translate to Quebec chick, I was using a little artistic license for humour purposes.

P.P.S.,
My GF didn't really force me to start learning French I actually really enjoy it! So far i've been studying it for about six months.

Atka Talin wrote:
Heya, Crepe.

While we do do some roleplay stuff, it is not the centerpoint of our guild. We considered a RP-PVP server, but due to the sorts of people that usually attracts (Nutjobs who cannot separate reality from the story in their head) we're going to be rolling on a purely PVP server.

Lots of people here enjoy and cherish story, but if you don't so much and want to get straight into the action, that's fine with us. We're a PVP guild, and one of the greatest things about Pax is the accepting and casual mood mixed with hardcore determination.

Good luck on being accepted!
(P.S. I love crepes too. I'm a fruit sort of guy. so raspberries and strawberries are my favorite!)

Thanks for the clarifications, I do really want to enjoy the story as I level. TOR, unlike most MMOs is a game I want to savor as I level, I'm in no rush. My worry was just about the RP server type, where I would be expected to RP. I'm not much of an RPer, and don't get me wrong I have nothing against RPers nor do I mind playing with them. Its just I wouldn't really feel like I fit into the server.

Thanks, and also...blackberries and bananas!

Solfurion: Your translation is very good Happy
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: NutellaCrepe

Hello there NutellaCrepe Happy welcome to our forum Happy

Your application is quite good, though you hadd to add a bit about your weaknesses ;) <I am lazy too :P >
I will ask you few questions, and give you few answers.

NutellaCrepe wrote:
What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
NutellaCrepe

Please provide us with link to your account Happy

NutellaCrepe wrote:
Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Guardian (Vigilence)

Recently one of our Guardians have resigned from membership, so you are free to apply for this advance class Happy
Why did you picked this class and advance class?

NutellaCrepe wrote:
Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I apologize if my English is not perfect or if I sometimes let my accent go. I moved from France 6 years ago and I guess I'm still not done learning. I live in New York, and I really, really like crepes.

Don`t worry, your English is really good Happy

NutellaCrepe wrote:
I am in a clan based on TF2, I hope that does not conflict. The clan does not have a SWTOR guild. Or any MMO guilds for that matter. It's just a bunch of friends hanging out. Again I hope it does not conflict.

Nope, it does not conflict Happy as long as you are not part of second TOR guild you are clean :D

Could you tell us a bit about your gaming history? Just out of top of your head few games that you have enjoyed over the years <They don`t have to be MMO>

Who (and why) is your favorite Star Wars character?

Do you have favorite superhero? If yes, than who and why? If no, than why? Happy

If you would have any questions, than don`t be shy to ask them Happy

NutellaCrepe

re: Re: App: NutellaCrepe

Alright thanks for the response!

Here is my account http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1144498 (I think thats what you meant)

Great news about the Guardian! I always loved the idea of a jedi (space samurai with a lightsaber and the force :P) I want to DPS, but I really do want to use a single lightsaber. That's why I'd like to make my character a guardian instead of a sentinel. Happy

Thank you for the clarification, and the compliment!

I think my favorite jedi would be Belth Alusis
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Belth_Allusis

I read up on him a couple of months back and he really got to me. I love that he held the lines, outnumbered with his troops and brought hope to the war through such a strong standing sacrifice.

I don't really have a favorite super hero, I can't say I ever read comics, and I only know the heroes from TV shoes and movies (which likely won't do them justice). I'm learning a bit about them while I mess around on DC universe online, although I wish it was a Marvel universe...but hey I'll take what I can get. From the little that I know I do like the silver surfer the most though Happy

I started my online gaming through SWBF2 on PC. I joined an amazing clan back then and competed in all aspects of the game, it was really a blast. With the same clan I got to try out Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. My clan had a very strong "JKA" division, over 40 active members at first. We had an actual "Academy" going within the clan. Where admins of the specific divisions had ranks of Jedi Knight, Jedi Master ect. The academy allowed masters to take on new players as their students and teach them the ways of the game (Saber combat, force combat, weapons, correct attitude, mature response to problems ect). Eventually after a few months a "Padawan" would go to trial in front of masters. If the trial was passed the padawan would get a Jedi Knight rank and a bit of admin. I eventually made my way to Master and taught two padawans on my own! They had to bear(bare?) my really strong accent back then (which I eventually took classes for...for a girl, long story).

This lasted for about 2 years! Eventually, sadly, the clan died due to drama. The game isn't that active anymore. I ended up playing WoW for a while with a few friends. I had a blast. I eventually joined another clan (the one I am in) and also played BF:BC2, TF2, L4D(1-2) and many other games of the sort. Now the new big thing is BF3 and LoL (if you ever want to play, add me! NutellaCrepe).

Hm I hope I did not miss anything
Pax Eternus

Hey add me to LoL!

Eternys

I have another question: With class restrictions, how do alts work? I personally want to play Jedi Guardian for the story mostly. I always loved Ranged DPS and I do plan on rolling one soon after (Commando or Gunslinger), perhaps even level the two characters on par. Is that something acceptable?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum