View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sticx45

re: Bought a new tv

I just bought a Panasonic TC-P50GT30 TV. I don't know much about the new 3d technology.

Do I need to use the Panasonic 3d glasses with the tv for the best 3d image? Or are there much cheaper glasses I can buy? Paying 140 dollars per pair is a bit ridiculous.

On a similar note I also have a 3d monitor for my computer (BenQ XL2410T). Would what ever glasses I do end up with also work with this tv? I know the Panasonic TV requires active glasses instead of passive. But I'm not sure what the nvidia 3dvision uses.[/b]

Last edited by Sticx45 on November 9, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Areku99

Always wanted to play CoD on one of those things. Someone told me it feels like actual combat (minus it hurting when you're shot, of course)

re: Re: Bought a new tv

Sticx45 wrote:
I just bought a Panasonic TC-P50GT30 TV. I don't know much about the new 3d technology.

Do I need to use the Panasonic 3d glasses with the tv for the best 3d image? Or are there much cheaper glasses I can buy? Paying 140 dollars per pair is a bit ridiculous.

My understanding of 3D tvs leads me to believe that any active shutter 3D glasses should work, verify on various 3D sites to verify though.

Sticx45 wrote:
On a similar note I also have a 3d monitor for my computer (BenQ XL2410T). Would what ever glasses I do end up with also work with this tv? I know the Panasonic TV requires active glasses instead of passive. But I'm not sure what the nvidia 3dvision uses.[/b]

nVidia 3dvision also requires active shutter glasses as well as an emitter so to properly transmit the convergence of the image to the glasses if I understand it correctly.

(Also the link you used for the monitor was truncated via ellipses and is returning an error when clicked)
Sticx45

fixed. So i could get a set of the Nvision glasses for my monitor and use them with the tv then. Just need the emitter for the desktop.
Blind Equilibrium

I'd check a 3d enthusiast site like 3dvision-blog.com to see if it has been discussed, but I think so.
Sticx45

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
I'd check a 3d enthusiast site like 3dvision-blog.com to see if it has been discussed, but I think so.

Wonder why it is that the 3d vision setup requires an emitter. But the tv does not.
Valtrics

dunno if this will help, but my dad is into all that stuff. He bought a Sony 60" with 3D. The glasses he bought you actually put a battery in and they turn on and off, and it makes a REAL difference.

So yea, the price is worth it

Valtrics wrote:
dunno if this will help, but my dad is into all that stuff. He bought a Sony 60" with 3D. The glasses he bought you actually put a battery in and they turn on and off, and it makes a REAL difference.

So yea, the price is worth it

My understanding of this is that the glasses that require a battery are for active shutter 3d systems. Where as the old style glasses that have a different color film over each eye are passive systems.

Passive systems make the image appear to come out of the screen at you, but are more blurry, and fuzzy.

Active systems make the screen deeper. The 3d effect with this would be more akin to looking into a pool of water, rather than it coming out at you. But the picture quality is much better.

This is as far as I understand the two tech's at all though. I don't know if all active glasses work with all active system tv's etc.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: