Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 14 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Taburz

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Tobinius!

Welcome to the forums. Your application was well thought out and written. Just one question and a request for now.

Do you still play WoW or how long ago did you stop playing? I see that you have a few 85s could you please post the links to their profiles (at least the ones worth linking)?
Tcyiora

Trial Phase 1: Complete √
Trial Phase 2: Complete √
Trial Phase 3: Complete √

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.

During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 11/7/2011 and ending 11/15/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.
As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.
At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

►Phase 1

1. You must make 15 new posts in our forums.
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 1).
You're starting phase 1 at 8 posts and must reach 23 posts to pass this requirement of phase 1. Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum Complete √

4. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

5. You must PM either the Consul, an Arbiters, or an Envoy (preferably your Class Leader) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info.
(Note: Please keep your Ventrilo name the same as your Forum name.)
Click Here. Complete √

6. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Here is a link to the thread:
Click Here. Complete √

7. You must arrange an interview with either the Consul, the Arbiters, or an Envoy (again, preferably your Class Leader). The interview will be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is completed. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click Here. Complete √

►Phase 2

8. You must make an additional 15 new posts in our forums
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 2).
You're starting phase 2 at 47 posts and must reach 62 posts to pass this requirement of phase 2. Complete √

9. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. Please try to maintain Ventrilo activity throughout and after your Trial, as participation will be mandatory upon The Old Republic's release.
(Note: A game with us is optional vent is not, this may be completed in the first phase) Complete √

10. You must seek out and speak in Ventrilo with 4 different people (2 officers and 2 regular members ranked Peacekeeper or higher) about your application and potential membership within Pax Republica. It is up to you to post when these have been completed. You can speak to all four at once if able. Complete √

►Phase 3

11. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so try to relax and good luck! Complete √

Last edited by Tcyiora on November 26, 2011 1:44 pm; edited 7 times in total

Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Welcome to your Trial Happy.

Look forward to speaking with you on Ventrilo soon!

Legendkiller456

Congrats on being put into your trial phase of membership Tobinius, as I wish you the best of luck Happy
I look forward to chatting with you in Ventrilo soon.

timaselj

I look forward to hearing you on vent ASAP. Also, good luck on your trial! Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Tobinius

Taburz wrote:
Welcome to the forums. Your application was well thought out and written. Just one question and a request for now.

Do you still play WoW or how long ago did you stop playing? I see that you have a few 85s could you please post the links to their profiles (at least the ones worth linking)?

Seems that I stopped playing around Sept 1st (I thought it was earlier than that, probably because the amount I played started to drop off much earlier than this), however I still have access to my account until the first week in Jan (I believe). While I really have lost any interest in playing WOW, if any guild members have chars on these servers (although I do have lower level chars on other servers, and some of them are Horde), I am open to grouping with anyone if they want to spend some gaming time together.

I should also note that I thought that 2 of my chars were 85 when they were actually still only 84, but I will post them anyway. I will also post my level 82 Hunter Iapetuss so that you can see that I do have PvP experience (I did most of my heavy PvPing in the early years of WOW), but my recent time (especially with the release of Cataclysm) was focused on quests and working on rep and on professions.

My first level 85 char was <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Grummle/simple">Grummle</a>.

On that same server I also had 84 level char <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Severan/simple">Severan</a>, and as noted, level 82 char <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Iapetuss/simple">Iapetuss</a>.

My most recent chars were level 85 <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/queldorei/Hominid/simple">Hominid</a>, level 84 <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/queldorei/Tyraneus/simple">Tyraneus</a>, and level 82 <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/queldorei/Allutian/simple">Allutian</a>.

Cheers

Doh! Don't you hate failed HTML tags. LOL.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the great welcome and I look forward to meeting you in vent.

Cheers

Awarded:

Also, if you are accustomed to using Skype, we've got a text-based chat setup there that is fairly popular. Send me a friend request - skype ID traviscook - and include your pax username and I'll friend you and get you in :D.

If you don't use Skype, no biggie, just mentioning it.

Tobinius

travisccook wrote:
Also, if you are accustomed to using Skype, we've got a text-based chat setup there that is fairly popular. Send me a friend request - skype ID traviscook - and include your pax username and I'll friend you and get you in :D.

If you don't use Skype, no biggie, just mentioning it.

Thanks for the heads-up - I used to have Skype on my previous computer and will set it up and send you a friend request once I have Vent up and going.

Cheers

Sorry for the wait!
Congratulations! You are now on phase 2! :D

timaselj

Yay Tobinius! Almost completed the trial! Happy (nevermind you're at the half of it more or less tongue out)

Tobinius

Thanks Tcyiora and timaselj.

I realize that I haven't exactly been very active in vent - I found it too distracting while trying to play TOR during the beta weekend, and now playing Skyrim. However, I will endeavour to try and improve that over the next week (and beyond). I will also try to spend some time on Skype during the next week specifically.

Since I don't have any of the multiplayer games (other than WOW which I only play now when my 5 year old niece comes over and wants to play) that other guild members are playing atm, it looks like my vent game day will be during the Consular game night this Sat.

If anyone wants to specifically talk to me prior to the end of this phase, please PM me with when you would be available to talk and I will do my best to make it onto vent during this time, or I will try to set-up another time to talk.

Cheers

Hey Tobin ^^ Have you completed task 10? Happy

timaselj

Talked to him earlier. An awesome guy, will be a great member! Happy

Enigmatic Soul

Congratulations I hope I get there soon.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum