Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Yes or No
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Boat Van

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper, BoatVan!

The application submitted by Boat Van is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?:
When I do something, and I feel that I have not put my 100 percent into it, I feel that I have done it wrong. When I have done something to the best of my abilities, I feel great satisfaction and accomplishment. I carry this attitude with me into games. One of the best feelings imaginable is to emerge victorious from a game knowing that if you had given any less than the full extent of your abilities you would not have won. It is for these reasons that I strive for achievement.

What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?:
Strengths:
My main strength is my temperament. I can preform tasks that require skill and precision while maintaining a good humored, easygoing attitude. It is for this reason that I am able to work and play well under stress and pressure. I strongly believe that a happy team is a winning team and I do my best to keep everyone's spirits up. I never get mad at someone for making a mistake.

Weaknesses:
I tend to gloss over mistakes and failures. This sometimes prevents me from learning all I can from them. I try to please everyone, which, as I enter adulthood, I begin to realize is impossible. When I feel that I am doing all the work, and I know that those working with me can be doing much better, I tend to become frustrated. I quickly grow weary of preforming mindless and repetitive tasks.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
I love to work on my jeep, I enjoy spending time with my friends, and building things.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
A good friend of mine (also applying).

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect the leadership of PR to be organized, active, and easy to contact should a situation arise. I expect the members to be easygoing and friendly.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Since I am in college, I have plenty of free time. I can be an active and contributing member. I have developed personal friendships with people I've met in games over the years.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I like to play games with my friend, who has decided to apply to this guild. After reviewing the site, I have concluded that this is a great community with active forums, and just the right size I was looking for.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
In game, as I mentioned above, I like to manage stress with a good humored and positive attitude. When a situation gets really messy I mentally take a step back and quickly re-evaluate the situation to counter the tunnel vision you can get from stress. Out of game, I usually counter stress by exercising or reading a book.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I've spent enough time playing games online to know that the best response to those situations is to not respond. I've seen enough people make themselves look bad by attempting to respond maturely and losing their temper. Trolls will eat anything. The best course of action is to not feed them.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
People usually stop when you ignore them, but I would expect a member stop if asked nicely. If they do not I would mute them and pm whoever is in charge, describing the situation.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
BoatVan, http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1811231

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Exploring

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Sentinel

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I've been playing PC games my entire life.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Not at the moment, thank you.

Have you re-read this application to ensure that there are no mistakes, and that our rules for applications are met?:
No

Legendkiller456

Hello Boat Van and thank you for taking the time to fill out an application. It seems like a well thought out app, but I do have some questions for you:

Boat Van wrote:

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
A good friend of mine (also applying).

Who is the friend that is also applying?

Could you briefly go over your gaming history?

What are you studying at college?

What spec are you planning to use for Sentinel?

An Officer will be by shortly to review your application.

Boat Van

The friend that is applying is PlusMinus<.

The first game I played seriously was the Age of Empires series, I then moved on to play Starcraft for several years. I played EVE Online briefly as well. Lately I have mainly been playing Counter-strike and Bad Company 2. I have been playing Left 4 Dead 2 competitively for the past few months.

I am majoring in Computer Science(If anyone needs any help programming, I'd be happy to help).

I was planning on combat.

Thank you very much for the quick response.
Legendkiller456

No, thank you for the quick response :P
Remember, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Luke Filewalker

Nice App Happy

What name do you prefer to be called by? Boat, Van, Boat Van? something else?

Boat Van wrote:
I am majoring in Computer Science(If anyone needs any help programming, I'd be happy to help).

What programming languages are you currently learning while at Uni? just curious. Have just finished my first year at uni.

Anyway good luck on the application and look forward to seeing you in ventrilo Happy

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
Boat Van

Thanks a lot. Boatvan is fine, its sort of an inside joke. I'm currently working with c++, but i know java fluently as well. If you get stuck on any homework, give me a shout man.
timaselj

Hello Boat Van! Thank you for applying to the guild! Happy

I have some questions for you. Two to be precise.

Cake or pie? Ninja or pirate?

Be careful of your answers, for they shall have dire consequences! wink

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Sticx45

Quote:
Ninja or pirate?

Answer this wrong and we may have to hurt you.
Boat Van

Sticx45 wrote:
Quote:
Ninja or pirate?

Answer this wrong and we may have to hurt you.

As I look down at my old friend, I gulp knowing that this is the last time I might see him.

I suppose ninja and pie.
Legendkiller456

Not sure about pie, but NINJA. That's what I said, and, well...some bad things happened to me :P

Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Boat Van

Welcome to our forum Boatvan, enjoy your stay here Happy

You made a really good application and I liked it.
I will ask you some questions now.

Boat Van wrote:

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
I love to work on my jeep, I enjoy spending time with my friends, and building things.

What jeep do you have? Can you post picture of it?

What things do you build?

Boat Van wrote:
Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I've been playing PC games my entire life.

Could you name some that were your favorites?

Do you have favorite superhero? If yes than who and why? If no than why?

Boat Van

I have a '99 Jeep Cherokee, which I love to repair and modify.
Forum Image
One of the things I've built is the front bumper. If anyone wants to see the google sketch up files of the design, I'd be happy to share.

Favorite Games over the years
1. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? (how I learned to read)
2. SimCopter, SimCity, Rollercoaster Tycoon series.
3. Numerous Flight Simulators
4. Age Of Empires Series (Wololo)
5. Starcraft series
6. L4D series
7. CS:S
8. TF2

As far as superheroes go, I'd have to say Daredevil. Overcoming a disability by pushing one's self to the absolute limits, to the point where one is stronger both mentally and physically than those who are not disabled is very inspiring to me, even if it is fictional.

Last edited by Boat Van on November 6, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sticx45

Ah hah! I've got his Licence plate # now. All your accounts now belongs to me!!

Oh.. and Bubbles may come after you for preferring ninja's over pirates... so watch your back.
Boat Van

Wow. Just wow.
Thanks for the heads up, sticx.

I can't believe I missed that lol.
Luke Filewalker

BoatVan wrote:
As far as superheroes go, I'd have to say Daredevil. Overcoming a disability by pushing one's self to the absolute limits, to the point where one is stronger both mentally and physically than those who are not disabled is very inspiring to me, even if it is fictional.

I've never really thought of Daredevil like that, I think you may have changed my vote on who is the best superhero

You say you work on your Jeep a lot, Are you a mechanic or do you just have a lot of knowledge on the subject? curious to know :P

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum