Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 13 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

PlusMinus<

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper, PlusMinus<!

The application submitted by PlusMinus< is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
USA

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?:
The main thing that motivates me is just being a part of a community. In games, I always wanted to be the best I could to bring some recognition to the name that sits below my handle. I take pride in being a part of something and will do my best to bring it the credit and respect it deserves. Outside of the game, I'm not content with just being average. I always strive to be the best I can academically but also get involved with different organizations. Even though I'm involved with a few different things, please don't get the idea that I don't have much free time.

What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?:
In gaming, my biggest strength is definitely my ability to work as a team and also as a member of a guild. When it comes to raiding, say a sweet piece of gear that I could use drops, but I've already got a pretty killer set of armor but I could still use the piece and it would improve my set.. but there is also someone who could use the armor just as well and earns the piece over me. I am not one of those premadonnas who will complain that I didn't get the gear because someone else improving will only help the group as a whole, which in turn will make us more successful and allow everyone to get out of the game what they want/hope for.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
I'm a huge gamer and have been my whole life. I play a wide spectrum of games, from CS to Borderlands, TF2 to StarCraft. Besides gaming, I'm a huge EDM nerd. I've been listening to all kinds of genres since early in my high school years and became enthralled with it. I've even dabbled in producing my own music.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR Forums

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Yes, but I am mature enough to watch what I say

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
As for the members, a strong core of individuals who are able to put their own personal problems aside and place the needs of the guild first. From the leadership, I expect a body that will not only maintain a direction for the guild but also be just like one of the average members. I've seen far too many guilds crumble because the officers got onto a power trip and basically abused the lower members.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
As an individual, I can contribute my time and effort into the community. Whether it be helping a guildie grind out points for a new piece of gear or helping out with spreading the word about the guild to bring in fresh recruits. Besides this, I can offer the promise that I am a very reliable member when it comes to these kinds of things. I almost see gaming as a "job" and in this comes a certain responsibility. As long as the request is realistic (not asking to be on at 4am), I will be sure to be there.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
After reading the post on the forums, it was clear to me that this is a very well established group of players. It also showed me that a lot of time was put into the post which will translate into time put into the game come launch.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I deal with stress in game mainly by just walking away and taking a break. In real life, I usually just listen to some music or go out for a run. Exercising does wonders for stress relief.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
/ignore PlayerName

In real life, I have been a part of a few organizations and I know that one person messing up can cause the image of that organization to crumble. For example, at my university, a member of a different fraternity was caught on some B&E charges and now whenever anyone mentions the name of that fraternity, the first thing to come out of their mouth is usually, "Oh you mean the guys who robbed those people?" Reputation is not something to take lightly so the best thing to do if someone is smack talking is just hold your tongue and use the tools in game to block that person.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
First off, I definitely would not call them out while everybody else is around. Unless it was during a raid or something where coordination and being able to hear the higher ups is important. In this case I might shoot him a PM in game and ask him to quiet down until we were finished. Or even like in my previous response, I might just mute him and see if he calms down a little bit later.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1425618http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1425618

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
N/A

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Exploring

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Vanguard

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I think I've covered just about everything in my responses to the questions above. I look forward to getting to know you all better and eventually having some fun in the Old Republic universe!

Have you re-read this application to ensure that there are no mistakes, and that our rules for applications are met?:
Yes

timaselj

I like the app. I really do. There is one thing I'd like to ask you about though... In the question asking for your strengths and weaknesses you answered only with your strengths in game. What about out of game? And what about your weaknesses? In game and out? Don't get me wrong, this is only to get to know you better as a person. Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Pax Eternus

This is a well done application. Tim already caught the absence of the weaknesses, but given the quality of the rest of the application hopefully, PlusMinus, you will just post a separate reply here to that question.

I especially liked
Quote:
What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
As for the members, a strong core of individuals who are able to put their own personal problems aside and place the needs of the guild first. From the leadership, I expect a body that will not only maintain a direction for the guild but also be just like one of the average members.

This answer is a good indicator that you will fit into this guild! There is a strong sense of objectiveness and a desire to be fair, to listen to input, and to build the community.

I hope that you will continue your application, show you're a good sport by posting some weaknesses, and make it to your trials!

Apologies about that. In-game, I'd have to say my biggest weakness is my tendency to burn myself out with games. Game releases, I play hardcore for a few days then get tired of it. Despite this, with my current schedule, I will not have enough time to play 8-9 hours a day like I have with other games (lol) and SWTOR is a breath of fresh air that should keep me entertained for a looooong time. In real life, my biggest strength is that I am a problem solver. If I don't understand something, given that I have the motivation, I will work whatever I don't understand until I have a firm grasp on it. My weakness, on the other hand, ties directly into the strength. I think that sometimes I get complacent and lazy and just expect things to come to me right away instead of going out and making sure I truly understand what's going on.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Welcome to the forums PlusMinus!

timaselj wrote:
I like the app. I really do. There is one thing I'd like to ask you about though... In the question asking for your strengths and weaknesses you answered only with your strengths in game. What about out of game? And what about your weaknesses? In game and out? Don't get me wrong, this is only to get to know you better as a person. Happy

Tim hits it on the head... overall you have a pretty good application, however you did miss this important question, and we are being stricter now with people following directions on are application the first time around, so this may come to bite you in the butt. If you could answer this, that would be great though.

Just wanted to say good luck with your application.

PlusMinus<

BAKTUSIT wrote:

Thanks for the good wishes.

On a sidenote, WHO IS READY FOR SKYRIM???? (ME)
Arkathos

Thanks for the good wishes.

Hey there PlusMinus<! I am at work so I am busy as heck doing paper work but wanted to welcome you to Pax Republica, thank you for taking the time to fill out a decent application, and to say Hell Yes!!!! To Skyrim, I can't wait lol. Anywho, a good app and we should have a decision for you shortly. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Davi Jones

PlusMinus< wrote:

I like u already :P (and awesome app) big grin

here comes the Skyrim fan brigade *ducks and runs for cover*
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: PlusMinus<

Hello there PlusMinus, welcome to our forum Happy

Your application is pretty lengthy and tells a lot about you, and you did cover everything in later post.
I will ask you few questions.

PlusMinus< wrote:

University

What are you studying? Why did you choose this direction of study?

PlusMinus< wrote:
What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
I'm a huge gamer and have been my whole life. I play a wide spectrum of games, from CS to Borderlands, TF2 to StarCraft.

Could you please name few of your favorite games?
Name one character from games that you like the most.

PlusMinus< wrote:
I deal with stress in game mainly by just walking away and taking a break. In real life, I usually just listen to some music or go out for a run. Exercising does wonders for stress relief.

What if you are in the middle of some kind of event, raid/PvP match, and you will get frustrated, you can`t go, so what will you do?

PlusMinus< wrote:
Trooper

Vanguard

Why did you picked Trooper Vanguard?

PlusMinus<

re: Re: App: PlusMinus<

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hello there PlusMinus, welcome to our forum Happy

Your application is pretty lengthy and tells a lot about you, and you did cover everything in later post.
I will ask you few questions.

PlusMinus< wrote:

University

What are you studying? Why did you choose this direction of study?

PlusMinus< wrote:
I'm a huge gamer and have been my whole life. I play a wide spectrum of games, from CS to Borderlands, TF2 to StarCraft.

Could you please name few of your favorite games?
Name one character from games that you like the most.

PlusMinus< wrote:

What if you are in the middle of some kind of event, raid/PvP match, and you will get frustrated, you can`t go, so what will you do?

PlusMinus< wrote:
Trooper

Vanguard

Why did you picked Trooper Vanguard?

1) I'm currently studying Information Technology with a focus in Network Engineering. I've always loved working with computers and in high school I took several classes that were directed towards IT people. I actually had a lot of fun in those classes and they were a breeze for me.

2)Right now, my favorite game is probably Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. I recently discovered the world of fighting games and went out and bought myself one of the arcade sticks. I'm a very (very) competitive person, so 1v1 one games fit me perfectly. Historically, my favorite game is definitely Counter-Strike. It's a game that I've grown up with, playing it way back in 1.3 when I was only 10 or 11 years old. I've made a lot of friends on the game and still play a little bit today. Besides that, games that I enjoyed playing were Quake (3/Live), RuneScape (middle school), and WoW (high school). Those are the main few that stick out initially but there are so many more that I could list. In any game I've played, I'd have to say my favorite character is the G-Man from the Half Life series. I remember almost having nightmares because of that guy, his voice and demeanor used to creep me the hell out.

3)Honestly, if I'm in an event and something is frustrating me, it will only make me want to do my job better and harder. I've been in some raids where DPS were underperforming or things like that and made a conscious effort to step up my own game to maybe carry a little bit of the slack. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an egotistical person in that sense but I am able to realize that if we fail at something, I am a part of that "we" and if I am not performing at my best, I am a part of the problem. Otherwise, I might go grab something to drink or even get a snack, just something to take my mind off of the game a little.

4)I picked trooper mainly because when playing MMOs, I always love playing the guy with the heavier armor. In WoW, I played a warrior. Being able to tank multiple mobs and AoE them all down is a very gratifying feeling and usually it gets things done faster. I was considering Commando, but the heavy armor of the Vanguard is just too alluring for me to pass up. Also, I was looking at the two for PvP viability. I prefer to be that annoying little fly that's always up in your face that you can't seem to kill which is exactly what the Vanguard is. Sure, I might not do insane burst damage, but you can be sure that I will remain a problem until the other team decides to deal with it, and even if they do, that just buys more time for my allies to wail away on the preoccupied enemies. Besides that, from a lore standpoint, the characters that always stood out to me in the Star Wars movies growing up weren't the Jedi with their lightsabers but the badass Storm Troopers (even though they're Empire, they're armor is still kick ass).
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

The administration has felt you've done a good job of being active and answering questions. Are you ready to start the trials?

I am indeed.
Lord Marvel

Trial Phase 1: Completed √
Trial Phase 2: Completed √
Trial Phase 3: Completed √

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.

During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 11/08/2011 and ending 11/16/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.
As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.
At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

►Phase 1

1. You must make 15 new posts in our forums.
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 1).
You're starting phase 1 at 5 posts and must reach 20 posts to pass this requirement of phase 1. Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below.Complete √

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

5. You must PM either the Consul, an Arbiters, or an Envoy (preferably your Class Leader) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. Complete √
(Note: Please keep your Ventrilo name the same as your Forum name.)
Click Here.

6. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Here is a link to the thread: Complete √
Click Here.

7. You must arrange an interview with either the Consul, the Arbiters, or an Envoy (again, preferably your Class Leader). The interview will be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is completed. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click Here.Complete √

►Phase 2

8. You must make an additional 15 new posts in our forums
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 2). Complete √
You're starting phase 2 at 27 posts and must reach 42 posts to pass this requirement of phase 2.

9. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. Please try to maintain Ventrilo activity throughout and after your Trial, as participation will be mandatory upon The Old Republic's release.
(Note: A game with us is optional vent is not, this may be completed in the first phase) Complete √

10. You must seek out and speak in Ventrilo with 4 different people (2 officers and 2 regular members ranked Peacekeeper or higher) about your application and potential membership within Pax Republica. It is up to you to post when these have been completed. You can speak to all four at once if able. Complete √

►Phase 3

11. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so try to relax and good luck!

Last edited by Lord Marvel on December 10, 2011 3:33 am; edited 4 times in total

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum