View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Lord Marvel

re: Skyrim

Don`t buy it, unless you want to end up like this

Forum Image

I can confirm it to be 100% true xD

Sticx45

Lol I bought it and have played for a total of 7 hours. I log on and I'm bored to tears within 40 min.
Damek Critou

Sticx45 wrote:
Lol I bought it and have played for a total of 7 hours. I log on and I'm bored to tears within 40 min.

Then something is very wrong with you.

Landscaper

Sticx45 wrote:

ouchie...o well, much to my own surprise, I thoroughly enjoy the game and actually look forward to playing it. But it's certainly not for everyone. The only thing I don't like about Skyrim is that it's not multi-player!

Landscaper, 'cuz I mow 'em down baby!
Cmelt

I played to level 15 and I have fun when I play but I can only play in like 30min intervals to keep from becoming bored.While the side quests aren't as tedious as in other games, I feel absolutely no connection to my character. I'm probably that one weird guy but for some reason I just can't like the plot of Skyrim or my character. The only quest line I have had fun on is the Companion's one and the main plot of the game is just too emotionally distant. The game play is exceptional but the story just feels bland.

The Verdict: I give it 3 dragon souls out of 5.

EDIT: Of course the only two games I can play for over an hour these days are: Star Wars Empire at War and NCAA football 10

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Crox Rava

For my money there's nothing better than shooting a bandit so hard that he flip-flops over a railing from the impact.

I can't say I've had much occasion to use the shouts yet. I found one that lets me throw my voice to distract enemies, but even that one hasn't proved super useful so far. I just craft some killer armor and an exquisite bow and one-shot guys all day long from stealth. And there's nothing wrong with that. Happy

Photobucket
gagebass

Crox_Rava wrote:
For my money there's nothing better than shooting a bandit so hard that he flip-flops over a railing from the impact.

I can't say I've had much occasion to use the shouts yet. I found one that lets me throw my voice to distract enemies, but even that one hasn't proved super useful so far. I just craft some killer armor and an exquisite bow and one-shot guys all day long from stealth. And there's nothing wrong with that. Happy

what difficulty are you playing on i play on the hardest and i use them all the time i find them very useful

Just Adept right now. I'll try cranking it up next time and see what it does to my playstyle.

Photobucket
Lord Marvel

I`m playing clean warrior on Master atm, no stealth, just two handed weapon and heavy armor + little bit of archery when I must use it ( like when fighting a dragon ).
I must say that shouts are often only thing that saves my butt from getting kicked really hard :D

Nabetse

Lord Marvel wrote:
I`m playing clean warrior on Master atm, no stealth, just two handed weapon and heavy armor + little bit of archery when I must use it ( like when fighting a dragon ).
I must say that shouts are often only thing that saves my butt from getting kicked really hard :D

I changed my character to be an assassin/spellsword and the combination of a sword+destruction spell is just plain epic. I've been playing like 3 days straight with this new combo and I haven't even found the need to do the main quest.. there's just so much to do, like finding the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, exploring the dungeons for loot, and so on.

One question though.. you guys joined the Imperial Legion or Stormcloaks?

I was going to join the IL this time around to see what changes..but man they are plain ********. Worst than in Oblivion.
Lord Marvel

I didn`t join any of them on my main yet... they are both bunch of idiots... I would rather slaughter them all... well maybe Stormcloaks more since IL are jerks because of high elves :P and high elves I would butcher to the last one of them.... uuuu I hate them so much :P

Landscaper

Lord Marvel wrote:
I didn`t join any of them on my main yet... they are both bunch of idiots... I would rather slaughter them all... well maybe Stormcloaks more since IL are jerks because of high elves :P and high elves I would butcher to the last one of them.... uuuu I hate them so much :P

Easy there Trooper! I've joined the Companions so far, and rolling archer/stealth. It's awesome to hit a target from range, get 2x damage/crit and then watch they're corpse slide down the mountain side!

Landscaper, 'cuz I mow 'em down baby!
Lord Marvel

Landscaper wrote:
Easy there Trooper! I've joined the Companions so far, and rolling archer/stealth. It's awesome to hit a target from range, get 2x damage/crit and then watch they're corpse slide down the mountain side!

Get more points in sneak and you`ll get x3 damage :D

Tobinius

Nabetse Zaid wrote:
One question though.. you guys joined the Imperial Legion or Stormcloaks?

I was going to join the IL this time around to see what changes..but man they are plain ********. Worst than in Oblivion.

While I have joined the Companions, I too have been hesitant towards picking one side or the other, but leaning towards joining the IL for my first game (and I agree with Lord Marvel about both IL and S being idiots). Still, I think that it will be interesting to see any changes in the game that come about by picking one side over the other.

Personally, I like to keep the difficulty level at normal for my first few chars, so that I can enjoy the story and such. But I am looking forward to eventually ramping it up to see just how crazy it gets.

imperial legion all the way. i didnt risk my life to save it 200 years ago to watch it crumble because of some elves and some nords Happy but the reason is im hoping that in a expansion the "great war" begins again and whoever you chose has to fight after the other is destroyed but im sure thats not going to happen i can dream though Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: