Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Membership?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Nabetse

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Nabetse Zaid!

The application submitted by Nabetse is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
Puerto Rico

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-4:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?:
I make up goals and do my best to succeed, with my eyes set on the goal until it's achieved. A desire to achieve something greater than what I am or have, it fills me with the motivation necessary to get to the next place,phase,level and so on.

What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?:
I am a team-player, I follow the instructions given, collaborate, calm in tight situations, but after the situation is solved I may stress out, due to the situation that happened, in other words I deal with a problem properly but may blow up afterward, kind of a.. malfunction.. lol.
I just relax and keep on going; I'm a fun guy, cheerful, positive. Another weakness perhaps may be the fact that I get angry when someone bothers me when doing something important, but that's almost everyone that gets like that, I assume. And last but not least... I take my time with things, I don't like to rush them, especially when i want to make them really good, that may fit in both categories.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
I spend time on paintball, swimming, exercising, playing chess and drawing.
In game would be PvP and raiding, if not then helping around the guild with crafting,collecting, or just chilling in my player house; that's one rare thing from me, I could spend the entire day watching the game's world structure, entertained looking at the animations and so on, A.D.D. perhaps? lol.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
A long time ago, checking the swtor forums.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not alot. ;)

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
They were met when I was here the first time. All the members and leaders I met where social, helpful, fun and more importantly dedicated to the guild. I've seen only a handful of guilds that are this dedicated. They can expect the same thing from me. (:

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Just like before, from being a dedicated and helpful member of this guild to a contributing member outside of the game who's good with PS/AE: (Photoshop/After Effects/ And soon 3D modeling) From avatars,sigs,banners,videos, and so on. And any other way I can.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The dedication and organization. As I said in a previous question, not all guilds are this dedicated and good, not to mention how organized this guild is, taking all members into account and making events for all types and likes.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
It's mostly the same for me; I just calm my mind and relax, forgetting about it until I can come back up with my mind clear and ready to take on whatever made such stress. If I don't have the time to do so I just try to deal with it in the moment, controlling it.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
It depends on the situation, but in most of the cases he/she is ignored.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Simply ask him to stop it, if he insist I just mute said player and wait for an admin to show up.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
Nabetse

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
As a matter of fact, yes. In this very guild. I passed the application and I went on for a few months, but sadly I had some problems I had to take care of. This being the cause of my inactivity, that not even a LOA thread could save my spot in the guild.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Sad to say, yes. From this very guild. Due to inactivity, as said above.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Exploring

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
I was a JK-Guardian but since it's already full I'll be a Sentinel.

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I acknowledge my inactivity but believe me if it wasn't of real importance I wouldn't be inactive. I made a LOA thread but it seems that I exceeded the time i posted there. It was an unexpected turn of events; I hope to be once again part of Pax and be able to contribute as much as I can as before. My mic's is MIA, I know it's important to know each member better so I'll try to get one asap to ease communication.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
None for now.

Have you re-read this application to ensure that there are no mistakes, and that our rules for applications are met?:
Yes

Crox Rava

Hi Nabetse, and welcome (back) to the Pax forums.

Just so you know, Ventrilo activity is now mandatory. You must log on and interact with guildmates at least once a week for a significant amount of time. You'll want to get that new mic asap!

Have any drawings to share?

Photobucket
Zoron Ror

Hi Nabetse, welcome back to the forums. Could you tell us more about the games you have played before?

Do you think you will have LOA's in the future? The activity requirement has increased recently.

Crox_Rava wrote:
Hi Nabetse, and welcome (back) to the Pax forums.

Just so you know, Ventrilo activity is now mandatory. You must log on and interact with guildmates at least once a week for a significant amount of time. You'll want to get that new mic asap!

Have any drawings to share?

Thank you.

I see the mic part changed while I was lost, but I understand why it's mandatory.
I'll see if I can get that mic a bit sooner, for now I can log in and chat. I have bad luck with mics, they always break. :'(
And no, sadly all my drawings are on paper, not even on pics, but they will soon, considering the fact I'll have to one way or another for my portfolio; studying game design. :]

Zoron Ror wrote:
Hi Nabetse, welcome back to the forums. Could you tell us more about the games you have played before?

Do you think you will have LOA's in the future? The activity requirement has increased recently.

Thanks.

I've played quite a lot, out of my mind right now is: SWG (Bria/Flurry), WoW ..didn't quite....liked..it lol. FlyFF, Aion, APB, LoL, CA, CF, LoTRO and many other mmorpgs/fps, if you wish tell me a game and I'll tell you if I've played it. :D

As far as LOAs go, unless it's unexpected, I can assure you there's none.
Pax Eternus

Hey welcome back Nabetse!

I think your application showed an enthusiasm in reapplying to the guild. I hope that your enthusiasm will continue and that you will have good luck in your trials.

See you in vent!

just wanted to wish you good luck.

p.s. do you still play Aion?? what server? faction?

Nabetse

Pax Eternus wrote:
Hey welcome back Nabetse!

I think your application showed an enthusiasm in reapplying to the guild. I hope that your enthusiasm will continue and that you will have good luck in your trials.

See you in vent!

Thanks Pax. :D

I was glad to be a part of Pax Republica before and I still am, if accepted again; it seems a bit weird to do the trials again though, lol. (:

BAKTUSIT wrote:
just wanted to wish you good luck.

p.s. do you still play Aion?? what server? faction?

Thanks, and no, Aion was good but only at the beginning, at least for me.
I remember an Asmodian gladiator on Siel as far as I recall.
Lord Marvel

Hey there Nabetse Happy welcome back to our forum Happy

Your application is quite nice Happy
I will have some questions for you.

Why did you picked Jedi Knight and why Sentinel?

Do you have any favorite superhero? Which one is it and why? If not than also tell us why?

What do you like to draw? and what technique are you using? Happy

Nabetse

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hey there Nabetse Happy welcome back to our forum Happy

Your application is quite nice Happy
I will have some questions for you.

Why did you picked Jedi Knight and why Sentinel?

Do you have any favorite superhero? Which one is it and why? If not than also tell us why?

What do you like to draw? and what technique are you using? Happy

Hey there and thanks Lord Marvel. (:

To answer your questions:

I picked the JK because it's the "melee" type in this game, and I'm leaned to those types of classes on any game, using close combat weapons instead of ranged.

When I first applied here I was going for JK Guardian to be a tank. But the JK Guardian spots have been filled, so then I'll take the Sentinel which I like just like the Guardian. I'm accustomed to play any of those styles (DPs or Tank).

To be honest, I'm not fond of any superhero of such, they aren't my thing. I just don't like the fact that the superhero always saves the girl, always wins, to name some. I like more tense situations and consequences, since you can't always win, nor save X person. But to say one; I'd say Batman, it's the one I remember watching a lot as child, probably because his story was a bit more realistic.

As far as drawing goes I prefer drawing fictional/fantasy characters/worlds. As for techniques, well just the traditional "sketch" for proportions and the like.
Pax Eternus

As a side note... Nabetse, would you be open to changing your avatar since your current one is of a guy's face melting as he screams FU? Although probably realistic, it's just... depressing.

I see, hmm.. well then be depressed no more. wink
Lord Marvel

OMG... O_O that is so awesome :D

Kirrex

I liked your app. You are willing to admit your fault, which is good.

Nabetse wrote:
I could spend the entire day watching the game's world structure, entertained looking at the animations and so on, A.D.D. perhaps? lol.

I do the same thing. I'm a senior at UTDallas studying game design, so it's good to see someone with very similar interests. If you have any questions about workflow, feel free to ask.

Since you've already been apart of Pax before, you should do well this time so long as you keep up your activity. Good luck with your trial big grin

Lord Marvel wrote:
OMG... O_O that is so awesome :D

! It is.. it is.. haha. :D

Kirrex wrote:
I liked your app. You are willing to admit your fault, which is good.

Nabetse wrote:
I could spend the entire day watching the game's world structure, entertained looking at the animations and so on, A.D.D. perhaps? lol.

I do the same thing. I'm a senior at UTDallas studying game design, so it's good to see someone with very similar interests. If you have any questions about workflow, feel free to ask.

Since you've already been apart of Pax before, you should do well this time so long as you keep up your activity. Good luck with your trial big grin

Likewise Kirrex. Happy

And that is awesome, I'm planning on going up for another university in the future to get my master's degree, but that's a long way for me yet, I barely started.

I've been hearing a few stories about how tedious Maya can be, but I'm sure with enough practice it can be the opposite. Which area(s) did you like/specialized?

And yes, thanks, once my trial starts (if accepted) I'm positive that I'll pass; what worries me is getting a mic asap. :D
Lord Marvel

Nabetse I am happy to inform you, that your application have been approved by Administration.
Your trial will begin when you will confirm that you are ready to start it.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum