Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Vote:
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 15 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Baktusit

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, BAKTUSIT!

The application submitted by BAKTUSIT is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
Israel

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT+2:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement both in and out of gaming?:
First time i played an MMO (RohanOnline) was a great experience.
it was a bad game but i still had a lot of fun, however I wanted something more, and so, I started looking for better games and found Aion.
when I started playing I had no Guild or friends in the game, so progressing, leveling, getting better and most important, having fun, was not very easy.however since i joined a guild i become a much better player and as my friends in the game said, i made them better as well.
so in answer to your question, I guess it is my friends that motivate me and I do the same for them.

What are your strengths and weaknesses: In gaming? In real life?:

Strength - I am very patient man.
- I do my best or don't do at all.
- I am easy going.
- I never get upset or talk back to people.
- I have fun when I play, I don't come to "work".
Weaknesses
- I have a high ping (350-450).
- English is not my first language.
- with school and work, sometimes i don't have much time left for fun.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?:
As I said before I play Aion for 2 years now.
If I don't have legion members on vent I usually don't play for long, it is not as fun as when you play with friends.
In game I usually do quests and PvE to help level my toon, but at the end I prefer to PvP.

out of the game, I like hanging with friends at a bar or at the beach.
I watch a lot of movies and some TV.
I love Football, and soccer.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR web site.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
no

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I have spoken to some of you guys on vent before I have applied, so I think my expectations are met.
everybody seem friendly and helpful.
the legion seems organized.
as I understood there will be a lot of legion activity but it will not all be mandatory.
I expect to have fun Happy

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I think I can be a good player in my class.
I ALWAYS help legion members when they ask for help.
I am a good team player and have no problem following order.
With my army and gaming experience, I can help lead and command (if needed).

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I searched on the SWTOR web site for a guild that is in the east coast, have vent and is mostly PvP.
I looked at some of the legion web sites and when I got to Pax i decided to log on vent and just talk to the people in vent and see how they are like.
After logging on vent you all seem so nice and fun to play with, so i decided to apply.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
As I said before I was in the Israeli army (paratroops), so I have my share of of real life stress situations and I have never any problem dealing with them.
In game I usually don't get stressed, If I'm in a group I just focus on my job and do the best to support my group.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
As I said before I never talk back, I'm not a child.
If his behavior is not a one time thing I Will let my guild leader know and ask him to talk to the player or his guild leader.
If its still doesn't stop we can report him to a GM.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I will ask him nicely to stop, if he doesn't stop I can always move a channel.
If this behavior continues I will let a legion officer know.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please also provide a link to your profile.:
baktusit. http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1477222

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
this is my first, and hopefully, only guild Happy

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
NO

Which of the following interests you most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Exploring

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Shadow

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I can link my Aion character here so if there are any Aion players in the guild they can see how good/bad it is.
http://na.aiononline.com/myaion-character-detail?charId=239248&serverId=2

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
not now, but I can always log on vent and ask Happy

Have you re-read this application to ensure that there are no mistakes, and that our rules for applications are met?:
Yes

Captain Bubbles

Hi Bakutist, welcome to the forums!

You listed some of your weaknesses, but none were really character weaknesses. We wanna get to know you better, the good and the bad Happy So what are some flaws in your personality?

Also, what's your first language? We have quite a few members who don't speak English as their first language, me included - French here!

*edit: I also played Aion for a while, on the Zikel server. It was my first PvP game, but our server was really imbalanced so it got boring real fast. How was Israphel?

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Hi Bakutist, thanks for taking the time to apply.

I guess to add to Bubble's questions I'd also like to know what made you decide to look at US east-coast guilds rather than European ones? We obviously have plenty of members from the EU zone in the guild so you won't be on your own.

Cool another Shadow!

May I ask, why did you choose to play a Jedi Shadow?

Oh and will you play DPS or tank?

From the couple times that Bak jumped into vent when I was on, he really seemed like a nice, easy going, genuine person. First impression, I like him.

Once again Bak, welcome and good luck with your application!

hey Bak welcome and thanks for taking the time to check us out!!!

hey you're from Israel, that's cool, I have a few friends living there playing for Maccabi Haifa. I've always wanted to visit there someday big grin

good luck to you with the application process big grin

Hello Bakusit. Thanks for applying to the guild. I don't really have any other questions apart from what Bubbles asked.

I will ask, however, what other games do you like? Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Atrayu Yung

Welcome Baktusit! I see you're from Israel, very cool! I also saw that you just joined the SWTOR main website about two months ago, so how long have you been following TOR?
Baktusit

re: Thanks and answers...

first let me say TY to all of you for welcoming me, it was the same when I logged on to your vent, and as I said this is my main reason for applying to this legion, everyone seems so nice and friendly Happy

Ill try and answer your questions...

1. weaknesses : i think this is the hardest question, I will try...
- I need my freedom, meaning: let say our legion is not "talking" to an other legion or a specific player, if he/it is a friend of mine, I will keep playing with him/them.
- at the end this is only a game for me, I know a lot of people take MMO games very seriously, I come here to have fun in game and with friends, I have had my share of army duty already.
- you have asked if i cuss a lot, I DON'T, but I still do from time to time, never at an other player!!! only at myself or the game Happy
- I smoke.
I hope this answer this question better, just let me say that I'm not trying to avoid the question, its just hard for me to answer a non specific question..

2. As I am from Israel, my first language is Hebrew.

3. about Aion, Israphel was and still is balanced, however there aren't many PvP players anymore, I know all of them from both sides, so PvPing is not as fun as it is used to be.

4. I want to play on the east cost cos:
- English is the main language, yes you my have some Koreans and people from south America, but at the end everyone speak English, where in Europe there are much more different languages, and English is not the main one.
- Antisemitism is still very common in Europe, and there are a lot of people that hate Israel and Israelis, so I just want to avoid them.
- however, if I will have a ping that will prevent me from enjoying the game, i might change to a Europe server.

5. I chose a Jedi- Shadow cos:
- I want to be a Jedi!
- I will be DPS.
- seams like the Shadow has it all, DPS, Heals (i think), stealth, and a cool light saber.
- If I will be lucky and get to try the beta, I will be more sure of my choice.

6. About other games:
I am a man of one game, I put a lot of time and effort getting better in the game I play, so if I have time to play I play the same game and getting better and better.
Other games that I played till now are:
American army's, Star Craft, Diablo, C&C, Tomb Rider, Fable (Xbox) and Aion.
as You can see this is not a long list.

7. I have been following this game ever since I herd about it, however at the beginning there was not much to go on, many roomers and nothing confirmed, so it is just recently, few weeks before they announced the lunch day, that I started following more closely, started looking at the different characters and choosing my class, and starting to look for a legion.

I hope I answer everything.

let me say thanks again to all of you for welcoming me, I hope to join you and see you all soon.

Bak.
Zoron Ror

Hi Baktusit,

Welcome to the forums! big grin You'll be happy to know we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind here and have a strict rule of not talking about religion or political topics in the forums.

I love C&C too, been playing them since the first one many years ago, haven't played the newest one yet are you playing that one and do you recommend it? (I know it got bad reviews lol)

Zoron Ror wrote:
Hi Baktusit,

Welcome to the forums! big grin You'll be happy to know we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind here and have a strict rule of not talking about religion or political topics in the forums.

I love C&C too, been playing them since the first one many years ago, haven't played the newest one yet are you playing that one and do you recommend it? (I know it got bad reviews lol)

its good to know Happy

which one is the new one?? I'm not sure, I think I played them all, but never online, however it has been a while since the last time I played C&C.
as I said I am a man of one game at a time, and till Star Wars come out, I'm playing Aion.
Zoron Ror

BAKTUSIT wrote:

its good to know Happy

which one is the new one?? I'm not sure, I think I played them all, but never online, however it has been a while since the last time I played C&C.
as I said I am a man of one game at a time, and till Star Wars come out, I'm playing Aion.

It's the last C&C and its called Tiberian Twilight, because of the reviews I'm waiting till it comes down in price.

Have you pre-ordered SWTOR?

Yes I have played the new C&C, but never online.
I liked it but I prefer Star Craft much more.

I cannot pre-order star wars to Israel, I am trying to ask my uncle from new Jersey to buy it for me and send it here.

I can buy the game in Israel, but only a few days after lunch and I will not get the pre-order bonuses, so I hope my uncle can get it for me.
Crox Rava

Hey, welcome to the forums!

Are you unable to pre-order the digital download version of the game, even?

Photobucket
Baktusit

Crox_Rava wrote:
Hey, welcome to the forums!

Are you unable to pre-order the digital download version of the game, even?

yes, cannot pre-order any version of the game
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum