View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
UnbarringTomb

re: Mists of Pandoria

Azno Chozulo wrote:
please unbarring I don't want to play wow ever again.

lol im not forcing you to play,were deep playing tor by then.

I honestly don't know what the devs were thinking... Kung Fu Panda? really?

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
UnbarringTomb

Luke Filewalker wrote:
I honestly don't know what the devs were thinking... Kung Fu Panda? really?

Guys Pandaren WERE YEAR years Kung Fu Panda,it was back during Warcraft 3

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

UnbarringTomb wrote:
Guys Pandaren WERE YEAR years Kung Fu Panda,it was back during Warcraft 3

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

Still doesn't change the fact that the how feel of the trailer reminded me of Kung Fu Panda. The settings, animations etc etc

Glad i'll be playing SWTOR when it comes out.

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
Crox Rava

It's bizarre that they don't have a faction, though the Brewmaster in WC3 was neutral I suppose. If anything I would assume they'd have been Horde just because Chen Stormstout aided Rexxar at the founding of Orgrimmar.

I don't really see myself going back to WoW until such time as it becomes F2P. The addition of Pandarens has been a long time coming, but I can't honestly say how I feel about this announcement now. The new region looks lovely, even if it does look like something straight out of Kung Fu Panda. I like Kung Fu Panda.

Who wants to bet that the Pet Battle System is the feature that doesn't make it in?

EDIT: Here's the smart play from Blizz. I have no intention of having two MMO subs rolling at once, but if it weren't for Pax I might honestly have a tough decision to make here.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=D3WoWFAQ&rhtml=true

TL:DR - If you commit to a year subscription to WoW (payable monthly, can't cancel for a year) you get a Tyriel-themed pegasus mount, guaranteed access to the Mists of Pandaria beta test, and Diablo 3. For fricking free.

Photobucket
SonicBoomS

hahahahahahahahahhaha I thought April Fool's only came once a year tongue out

'Zzzzzzzzzz.....uhh, wha...SW:TOR is still a few months away? Ok, thanks...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.'

Landscaper, 'cuz I mow 'em down baby!
ObiBen

I wonder if they are going to include spewing brew on their opponents, and then lighting them on fire? That always cracked me up in Warcraft III.

ObiBen wrote:
I wonder if they are going to include spewing brew on their opponents, and then lighting them on fire? That always cracked me up in Warcraft III.

The Monk tanking tree is "Brewmaster". I wouldn't be surprised.

Photobucket
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

If I hadn't already got feed up with WoW this would be really awesome.

Bringing World PVP back into WoW? There goes the rest of my free time.

Pet battle system? Are they adding pokemon to wow?
UnbarringTomb

So this is the info on the monk class

Brewmaster - Tank spec
Mistweaver - Healer, a healer who can stand up in melee and will let players experience a "new healing style"
Windwalker - Melee DPS
This is not a hero class, and it will start at level 1
The class is very martial-arts based
Lots of monk-only animations, the healer and tanks will have different stances they can stand in, etc ...
Monk Races - All of them except Goblin and Worgens

Leather Armor (Agility or Intellect)
They hit a lot with hands and feet
They will need weapons for some finishers: Staves, Fist Weapons
They will also be able to use 1H Axe and maces, swords
Healers will get off-hands, they don't want healers to use shields.

Chi (energy) slowly regenerates and is only used for your Jab and Roll abilities.
Jab generates Light and Dark force, which are used for everything else. Some finishing move uses dark force, some use the light force.
No auto attack! Devs want you to have this street fighter feel where you punch a lot

Tobiscas wrote:
Bringing World PVP back into WoW? There goes the rest of my free time.

You have to remember that bliz's last two attempts (Tol Barad & Wintergrasp)at world pvp have been utter failures. I wouldn't put too much stock into them getting it right this time around and modeling it more after DAOC and less after battlegrounds.

On a side note though, if you read through all of the massive core game changes found here I'm somewhat reminded of CE for SW Galaxies. Changing this much of your core class system could be a huge mistake or a huge rejuvenation. But it's definitely rolling the dice. It looks as if they are trying to capture/change to a lot of the things that the new mmo's are coming out with.

Along with the announcement of Pando expansion, they also announced that if you buy a year's sub they will also give you a in game mount & a free copy of Diablo 3.

If you read between the lines of these two things it paints a fairly clear picture. Blizz is afraid. Afraid of the new mmo's coming down the chute. They are doing the classic Blizzard maneuver of stealing any revolutionary idea from these mmo's and attempting to fit it into their own game. But in this case it's like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
Blind Equilibrium

Sticx45 wrote:
On a side note though, if you read through all of the massive core game changes found here I'm somewhat reminded of CE for SW Galaxies. Changing this much of your core class system could be a huge mistake or a huge rejuvenation. But it's definitely rolling the dice. It looks as if they are trying to capture/change to a lot of the things that the new mmo's are coming out with.

I'm not sure if by CE you mean the CU, but the CU was actually a much needed shot in the arm for SWG, the only real flub was the Force Village on Dathomir, but really that was damage control. The majority of actual gameplay and interaction died with the holocron Christmas where a huge chunk of the population stopped playing to enjoy the game and started instead profession grinding to unlock Jedi and they were attempting to reengage the community.

If you mean the NGE, then that was something done with a week notification to the community with no beta test, player input was not desired and the actual game itself was changed, not just a few few systems. If Blizzard did to WoW what SOE did with the NGE did to SWG, it would be like if today Blizz announced that next week they were patching WoW to make it a complete DOTA style game, and they don't care if you don't want the change and no they aren't having a beta.

As for capturing the essence of a lot of MMOs out there, the only place I have seen anything like their new talent system is something similar in their own game Diablo 3. For anything else, if it works why not utilize it to keep their subs happy? The exception to this is they should never try full VO ala TOR and The Secret World... more due to the fact that Chris Metzen would probably end up doing half the voices in the game than anything else. tongue out

Sticx45 wrote:
Along with the announcement of Pando expansion, they also announced that if you buy a year's sub they will also give you a in game mount & a free copy of Diablo 3.

If you read between the lines of these two things it paints a fairly clear picture. Blizz is afraid. Afraid of the new mmo's coming down the chute. They are doing the classic Blizzard maneuver of stealing any revolutionary idea from these mmo's and attempting to fit it into their own game. But in this case it's like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

I wouldn't count it as fear, so much as brilliant marketing. They know that they are going to lose a heavy portion of their playerbase to SWTOR for at least a period of time. It has happened with every major MMO release. This time however, there if a distinct possibility those subscriptions will not return to the fold within 3 months like they have with just about every other AAA MMO release. By making this offer they are potentially locking in some of those subs at very little cost to them.

Guaranteed Beta access costs them nothing.
SC2/WoW swag costs nothing but the development time.
Diablo 3 digital download, which all it costs them is the loss of the individual game unit sales of about 60$.

If you take into account the people who this deal is targeting though, the folks who like myself intended to cancel their WoW account in 2 months at TOR release but instead got the year pass, they actual made MORE money.

Two months of WoW then cancel for TOR and buying Diablo 3= $30 + $60 = ~$90

Annual WoW Pass (across a full year) minus the cost of Diablo 3= $180 - $60 = ~$120

The only real place they lose money is the folks who planned to keep WoW and get Diablo 3. So really if you take into account that Blizzard knows the damage TOR can do to their player base in the short term and potentially the long term, this is really a brilliant strategy to minimize losses if players do return, or get what they can if the player won't return.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: