Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vote
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 26 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

Sticx45

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Sticx45!

The application submitted by Sticx45 is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
USA

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I err a little on the side of OCD, which greatly lends to my need to always strive to be the best with any task i undertake. Along side this my military history has ingrained a sense of teamwork in me. I always strive to be the best I can be, so that I am not letting my friends and companions down.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I am intelligent, calm, tenacious, reliable, trustworthy, and extremely friendly. Once I have my sights on something, I will never back down or give up. Once I have said I will do something, barring things outside my control, I will always follow through. I consider myself to be a very calm individual. You will rarely see me get into a confrontation that can be avoided, or get agitated over small things.

On the flip side I expect the same out of anyone I count as a friend. While I am not intolerant of those that can't meet or exceeded the effort I put into something. I also will not go out of my way to coddle and help someone who refuses to put in effort them selves.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy gaming above all else. But I also spend a good majority of my time skiing in the winter months (when there is actually snow here), and hiking during the spring/summer. I am married so you could also say my interests lie in with what ever my wife wants me to do =)

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SW:ToR web site guild search, I used the advanced filter to narrow the masses of guilds down to 3 guilds. And did my research from there.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not really.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I am looking for a guild that I can stay with for the long haul. I've played SW:ToR on 5 separate occasions at conventions, and I absolutely have fallen in love with the game. So I am looking for a guild that I can enjoy that love with.

The few things I am looking for in a guild are:
-A strong leadership core (this is paramount, and it seems like you guys have it in spades)
-Talkative and Social (voice chat is a must)
-Organized and active
-PVE, and PVP focus both. I enjoy raiding, questing, and pvp equally.
-A strong membership of enjoyable players
-A non-elitist atmosphere
-The ability of members to laugh and joke while accomplishing things in game (raiding, grouping, or pvp)

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I am very easy to get along with, friendly with almost anyone. Somewhat shy to start with, once someone has gotten to known me. I am loyal to the end. I have a pretty extensive background in all aspects of MMO play. While I do enjoy tanking, I am willing to play what ever the guild needs of me (within my AC). I enjoy crafting and most likely will be eventually picking up every craft available.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Above all else you seem to have the leadership core that I can see standing strong for a long while. With this app process your members must all be dedicated. Finally you have exactly the same guild aims that I have.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I really do not get stressed often. After the military very little rattles me. On the rare occasion that I do get stressed I find the best relief to be physical exercise.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I put them on ignore, laugh, and go about my business. Nothing anyone could say to me in a virtual world is going to effect me in a negative manor.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Depending on the level of annoyance ask them to stop or leave the channel if they do not. But it would have to be fairly annoying.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Settix

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
no

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Shadow (tank) - also a guardian alt

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I am 33, x-military, fairly well rounded, laid back, and reliable. I don't consider myself a know-it-all, asshat, or insufferable human being. (definite plus) I listen well, take orders without question, and am always always reading and learning more about my chosen class/role in an MMO. Not afraid to ask questions about that which I'm not familiar with, and completely willing to admit that I know far less than I wish i did.

I stated that I would prefer to be a regular member and somewhat prefer to keep it this way. I have taken on an officer position in the past, and will do so again if it's asked of me. But I run my own small business, and I find that some of the duties required of an officer in a decent guild remind me too much of my RL job. Which detracts from my enjoyment of my past time.

I have a pretty extensive background in all aspects of MMO play. While I do enjoy tanking, I am willing to play what ever the guild needs of me (within my AC). I enjoy crafting and most likely will be eventually picking up every craft available.

My MMO history is as follows:
I've been playing mmo's for about 13 years now. Starting with everquest, I played a monk for around 3 and a half years. Primarily raiding and just enjoying content with friends.

I picked up DAOC upon release and played a Skald with a fairly dedicated pvp guild for about 4 years two nights a week. This remained my PVP focused game for many years even after my guild left for Warcraft.

My EQ guild disbanded and I left the game, in the subsuquent years I have tried out a few other PVE oriented MMO's including Asheron's call, EQ2, Vanguard, Aion, Matrix onine, Lineage, and a few others that fall from memory.

The only PVE game I ended up staying with for any amount of time after EQ was WoW. I joined up with my old DAOC guild which had turned into a raid guild. I stuck them for about 5 years, playing a Paladin both tank & Ret. That guild has recently broken up, so currently I find myself un-teathered.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
If i find that tanking as a shadow does not suit me, or there are serious game-breaking problems with it. Will I be removed from the guild and have to re-apply? Or would I be allowed to pick up a Guardian in lieu of those problems? At this point I am fairly set on the shadow having played it a bit on several occasions. But if there are serious problems with it, I would hate to find myself without a guild due to having to switch classes.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Sticx45

One other question I neglected to ask. Do you guys have any idea how many nights a week you are thinking of raiding? Obviously this would depend on the content available. But say for conversation sake that there is more content available than can be done in a week.
Blind Equilibrium

re: Re: App: Sticx45

Welcome to our corner of the internet and thank you for taking the time to apply! Your application is well thought out and well written and as such I have only a few questions/comments:

Sticx45 wrote:
What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
On the flip side I expect the same out of anyone I count as a friend. While I am not intolerant of those that can't meet or exceeded the effort I put into something. I also will not go out of my way to coddle and help someone who refuses to put in effort them selves.

Aside for an unwillingness to carry a person who isn't putting in the effort, do you have anything else that you would consider a weakness? The reason I ask is we try to get to know the person behind the gamer.

Sticx45 wrote:
What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Settix

Could you please provide the copy/paste link to your profile?

Sticx45 wrote:
And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
If i find that tanking as a shadow does not suit me, or there are serious game-breaking problems with it. Will I be removed from the guild and have to re-apply? Or would I be allowed to pick up a Guardian in lieu of those problems? At this point I am fairly set on the shadow having played it a bit on several occasions. But if there are serious problems with it, I would hate to find myself without a guild due to having to switch classes.

No, upon you successfully completing your trials, you will be a full member of this community. We understand that a class may not live up to a players expectations post launch and have a plan in place to allow class/AC changes for a period of time post launch. Constant "main swapping" outside of the launch grace period will however be frowned upon.

Sticx45 wrote:
One other question I neglected to ask. Do you guys have any idea how many nights a week you are thinking of raiding? Obviously this would depend on the content available. But say for conversation sake that there is more content available than can be done in a week.

Currently we are aiming for a scheduled "primary raid group" two to three days a week. However, with raid sizes as they are combined with the number of members we have, there will likely be a large number of scheduled and pick up guild raids throughout the week.

----------------

As a former service member also I am curious, what branch did you serve in and what MOS/NEC?

Once again, thank you taking the time to apply! Please check back frequently for more questions from the community and best of luck!
Sticx45

re: Re: App: Sticx45

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
Aside for an unwillingness to carry a person who isn't putting in the effort, do you have anything else that you would consider a weakness? The reason I ask is we try to get to know the person behind the gamer.

Well lets see! I have an addiction to Mt Dew & Noodle Bowls. But I'm thinking you want something deeper tongue out

I have a very annoying habit of never letting good enough slide. A few people think that my need to organize everything is a bit borderline psychopathic, but I think it's just good planning. Other than that I do have an irritating habit of talking over people in vent every once in a while. I don't jabber on mindlessly, but several years with a guild leader that could talk for 7 min straight. I kind of learned to talk over him if you wanted to get anything said. The only other thing that is relevant that comes to mind is I don't really post on forums just for the sake of posting. I'm kind of the "I don't say anything until I have something actually useful to say type". So given the guilds activity requirements i'll actually have to push myself to post more on the forums.

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
Could you please provide the copy/paste link to your profile?

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=107353

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
No, upon you successfully completing your trials, you will be a full member of this community. We understand that a class may not live up to a players expectations post launch and have a plan in place to allow class/AC changes for a period of time post launch. Constant "main swapping" outside of the launch grace period will however be frowned upon.

This is great to hear, I was a bit worried.

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
As a former service member also I am curious, what branch did you serve in and what MOS/NEC?

USMC 0351, Anti tank assault. Although the unit I was in was a NEO battalion. So our MOS was re-tasked with breaching & explosive ordinance more than we were with anti tank. The largest vehicle I ever ended up firing a rocket at was a ford truck with armor plating welded onto it carrying a mounted DShK.
Captain Bubbles

Hi Stick! Welcome to the forums! I liked your app, you put a lot of time and effort in it. I'd like to know, which conventions did you get to go to? I'm so jealous Happy And what is it about tanking with a shadow that you prefer, at the moment, over the guardian?

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Sticx45

Captain Bubbles wrote:
Hi Stick! Welcome to the forums! I liked your app, you put a lot of time and effort in it. I'd like to know, which conventions did you get to go to? I'm so jealous Happy And what is it about tanking with a shadow that you prefer, at the moment, over the guardian?

Hi. Thanks for the warm welcome. I made it to e3, Motor City Comic con, Chicago comic con, Pax2011 (was at a job in Seattle), PaxEast2011. Luckily I have a wife that, while not understanding of my gaming, at least supports me in it. I've only gotten to tank with a shadow once in a pre-made character for about 10 min. So I really could not get in depth with it much. Mostly is the ascetical aspects and lore behind it rather than any real game mechanics.
Sticx45

One unrelated thing I did notice from my time playing though. I can not stand the way the male Jedi knight carries the 1h light saber. Cocked at his shoulder like that running around it just looks odd. Now the female knight carries it more like a oriental animation style which i kind of like. Totally unrelated, but there you go!

p.s. on a side note is there any way to avoid the darn Captcha every post? I hate those things.
Rebmac!

I believe, once you verify your guild launch e-mail, you should be able to avoid the captcha...

As a Jedi Knight, I often find my self, forcing my saber to be put away, it just looks odd to me, holding it out all the time. I've held a sword, it's tireing after a good 5 minutes, heck I was in bootcamp (navy) and we had to hold a pencil... that starts burning after a good 5 minutes, I dont care how light a saber it, you just dont go holding it out all the time.

Very nice to have you in ventrilo today at the consular meeting! Gaiutus approves this application with the first ever, GAIUTUS APPROVED STAMP!!

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/118791/approvedStamp.png

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Sticx45

Whootitie =) (Jawa noise)

***edit*** not that I'm done playing games =)

I feel quite honored. I don't know what to say... I would just like to thank my adoring fans, my fans, and of course my wife. Without whom none of this would have been possible. I love you baby.

In all seriousness, I eagerly await my PM =)
Tcyiora

Since Alex approved you XD are you ready to start your trial? Happy

Sticx45

Tcyiora wrote:
Since Alex approved you XD are you ready to start your trial? Happy

Ohhh I've got shivers down my spine. I feel like I am being tested for padawan training. I eagerly waiting my trial with mild trepidation!

BTW your sig is very bright =P I feel like it's shooting rainbows and unicorns at me. wink
nolongeramember

Congrats sticx! I read your app and I think you'd fit in nicely with us Happy

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
Very nice to have you in ventrilo today at the consular meeting! Gaiutus approves this application with the first ever, GAIUTUS APPROVED STAMP!!

Forum Image

That's awesome!

Sticx45

Love your sig Matternous. It's simple and clean, yet gives you just a bit of a shiver.
Tcyiora

Trial Phase 1: Complete √
Trial Phase 2: Complete √
Trial Phase 3: Will start on the 6th

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.

During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 10/22/2011 and ending 10/30/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.
As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.
At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or Skype message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

►Phase 1

1. You must make 15 new posts in our forums.
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 1).
You're starting phase 1 at 179 posts and must reach 194 posts to pass this requirement of phase 1. Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum Complete √

4. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

5. You must PM either the Consul, an Arbiters, or an Envoy (preferably your Class Leader) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info.
(Note: Please keep your Ventrilo name the same as your Forum name.)
Click Here. Complete √

6. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Here is a link to the thread:
Click Here. Complete √

7. You must arrange an interview with either the Consul, the Arbiters, or an Envoy (again, preferably your Class Leader). The interview will be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is completed. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click Here. Complete √

►Phase 2

8. You must make an additional 15 new posts in our forums
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 2).
You're starting phase 2 at 256 posts and must reach 271 posts to pass this requirement of phase 2.
Complete √

9. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. Please try to maintain Ventrilo activity throughout and after your Trial, as participation will be mandatory upon The Old Republic's release.
(Note: A game with us is optional vent is not, this may be completed in the first phase) Complete √

10. You must seek out and speak in Ventrilo with 4 different people (2 officers and 2 regular members ranked Peacekeeper or higher) about your application and potential membership within Pax Republica. It is up to you to post when these have been completed. You can speak to all four at once if able. Complete √

►Phase 3

11. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so try to relax and good luck!

Last edited by Tcyiora on November 3, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum