View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
nolongeramember

re: Razer Naga or Razer Mamba?

I need to get a new mouse soon since my Deathadder is old and not functioning properly. I was thinking about getting the Razer Naga http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153054 for SWTOR, but I play many other games besides MMO's (SWTOR will be the only one) and our guild member Koble tells me how much he loves his Razer Naga http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153080&Tpk=razer%20mamba

Does anyone have any personal experience with either mouse? I'm leaning towards the Naga but the Mamba just seems so great too...

nolongeramember

I also can't decide for a keyboard...

Lycosa
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169417800/categoryId.35156900

Anansi
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.220723800/categoryId.35156900

BlackWidow
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.211651300/categoryId.35156900

I'm leaning towards the BlackWidow, but again, the Anansi would be useful for SWTOR...

Cloud Kanno

I just recently bought the Razer Naga MMO Mouse. The best gaming mouse I’ve ever purchased. Amazon.com might be a little cheaper if you're interested. Happy

I need a gaming mouse and keyboard too but in the same boat as far as chosing, I cant make up my mind between razer and logitech.
Hart of Hircine

Razor Naga would be bad ass. I would go with that one.
Garlen Durakkis

I have the Mamba, but it'd be nice to have a Naga. Asked for Naga received Mamba lol
nolongeramember

I'm not sure... I like the look of the Mamba and the feel of it MUCH more, but the Naga would be more useful for SWTOR. Also, I'm leaning towards the BlackWidow keyboard.

Drotix

Matternous wrote:
I'm not sure... I like the look of the Mamba and the feel of it MUCH more, but the Naga would be more useful for SWTOR. Also, I'm leaning towards the BlackWidow keyboard.

I like the mamba as well because of its more simple construct. where as the Naga has like 18 buttons on the side and looks more like a phone. I am pretty sure I couldnt never train myself to hit the right button on the side of the naga there are just to many.

The mamba however seems much more easier to get the hang of
nolongeramember

Konta Takuto wrote:
Matternous wrote:

I like the mamba as well because of its more simple construct. where as the Naga has like 18 buttons on the side and looks more like a phone. I am pretty sure I couldnt never train myself to hit the right button on the side of the naga there are just to many.

I agree; the only thing deterring me from buying the Mamba is the price... I want to get the BlackWidow Ultimate with the Mamba, both are Razer's most expensive keyboard and mouse. I just don't know if I could justify spending $260 on a keyboard and mouse...

Taburz

I have a Naga myself, best piece of equipment I have ever bought. I have been using it for over a year now and will never go back to a regular mouse if I can help it. I know of atleast 10 other pretty serious MMO players and have ever heard a complaint.
Arkos Ladar

I've had the NAGA since it was released, and I immediately became better. It's a must have for a hardcore PVPer.

Matternous wrote:
Konta Takuto wrote:
Matternous wrote:

I agree; the only thing deterring me from buying the Mamba is the price... I want to get the BlackWidow Ultimate with the Mamba, both are Razer's most expensive keyboard and mouse. I just don't know if I could justify spending $260 on a keyboard and mouse...

I know exactly what you mean is spending 200+ dollars on a mouse and keyboard worth it?....to tell you the truth its not because you can play the game with any old mouse. but I cant help but think how nifty it would be to have the extras, but then am I gunna use it as much as I think I will? or will I not use all of the features to make it worth the money? I am gunna wait myself til the game comes out and see what exactly I need versus what I think I need.
nolongeramember

I appreciate all of your posts. The thing is, I'm not a hardcore MMO gamer. The only game I will play will be SWTOR and I think the five extra macro keys on the BlackWidow might suffice. I might just get the Naga for the price though...

Ender Roarke

Quote:
I want to get the BlackWidow Ultimate with the Mamba

I did this. Now, I didn't buy it all at once, and the keyboard was a present, but I'm extremely happy with both devices.

The mamba is very comfortable and responsive, working quite well in both wired and wireless modes. The software has worked without issue (Which is honestly surprising. I owned a diamondback before the mamba and the software never seemed to work right with the older mouse) which is great for a Razer device. With the fully macroable keyboard (with 5 extra extra buttons on the side) I've never wished for more buttons on my mouse. The two side buttons suit me just fine, because I like to have a lot of my buttons on my keyboard anyway, that's what it's there for, right?

The Blackwidow Ultimate is an incredibly and probably unnecessarily fancy keyboard. The only thing I've found inconvienent at all is the placement of the function key with respect to the volume controls and the macro button. To be fair, I've gotten used to it now and don't accidentally make on-the-fly macros that drive my videogames wild anymore. The volume is hard to do with one hand, but my hands are large enough that I can do it pretty simply now, but this requires stretching your hand across the whole keyboard.
Most importantly, this keyboard is mechanical and thus VERY loud. Personally I love the tactile and auditory feedback, but it can and will drive your roommates crazy during intense gaming sessions.

So those are very positive reviews for the ridiculously expensive razer hardware. I love them, and plan to use them for years and years to come, if my previous razer mouse's life is any indication.

Really the only negative about these devices are the astonishing price tag. Spacing out the purchases made me feel better about it, personally.

Oh, and they light up, which is awesome.

Note: I do play MMOs, but I prefer to spend my time until TOR playing a wide variety of games: FPS, RTS, etc. The Mamba works great for all genres.

Thanks for the response! I definitely want to get the BlackWidow, but I'm leaning towards the Naga now primarily for price... My PC is already at $1700 on its own and I don't really want to go much higher.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: